Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Beat Kansas City + Ravens win = Get the Number 2 Seed?

Now, I'll root as hard as I always do, but I don't expect to win this game.

BUT.....if the Colts beat KC, and the Ravens beat the Pats, which I expect to happen, I think that puts the Colts in the drivers seat for the 2 seed based on the tie breaker which should be conference records?

Just another reason to root against the Pats, LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Now, I'll root as hard as I always do, but I don't expect to win this game.

BUT.....if the Colts beat KC, and the Ravens beat the Pats, which I expect to happen, I think that puts the Colts in the drivers seat for the 2 seed based on the tie breaker which should be conference records?

Just another reason to root against the Pats, LOL
    I know Cincy factors in there too with the tie breaker from beating us head 2 head with the same record as us....so gotta root for them to go down as well one of the next 2.

We are still alive for the 1 seed as well...far fetched but if KC and Den lose the next 2, we win out, and NE and Cincy both lose one we would have the tie breaker over both KC and Den with wins against them, and NE with conference records and would have a better record than Cincy.....unless I'm missing something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I know Cincy factors in there too with the tie breaker from beating us head 2 head with the same record as us....so gotta root for them to go down as well one of the next 2.

We are still alive for the 1 seed as well...far fetched but if KC and Den lose the next 2, we win out, and NE and Cincy both lose one we would have the tie breaker over both KC and Den with wins against them, and NE with conference records and would have a better record than Cincy.....unless I'm missing something.
    Cincy became a non-factor in all of this when they lost to Pittsburgh.

If the Colts win and the Patriots lose, the way this all plays out is with multiple teams all having the same record. Unless things have changed, the first tie breaker is conference record, and the Colts are in the drivers seat under those conditions.

All they would have to do is beat Jax the final week to get the #2 seed.

vCash

If the Colts win and the Patriots lose, the way this all plays out is with multiple teams all having the same record. Unless things have changed, the first tie breaker is conference record, and the Colts are in the drivers seat under those conditions.

Ah I wasn't thinking about the different rules for a 3 way tie since it does gets pretty strange with the conditional H2H if all 3 have played games against each other...so you are correct if we tied with both NE and Cincy for the #2 since we didn't play NE, then no H2H sweep could be factored in for anyone and us losing to Cincy means nothing. H2H is always the 1st look when breaking a tie, but I always forget that in a 3 way tie you have to beat the other 2 or it isn't a factor....and now I've gone cross eyed.

I think we are still alive for the 1 seed if we win out and both KC and Den lose out...since if we win out we would then have wins over Den and KC...plus that would give them both at least one more loss in the conference along with owning that tie breaker over NE and Cincy.

So if we win out, and don't tie with just Cincy we would have the tie breaker over everyone involved....since if we tie anyone but Cincy it would mean they had lost within the conference giving us the edge there.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-17-2013 at 03:24 PM.

vCash
    No chance for 1 seed and little to none at 2. not a pessimist just a realist, there are too many key players out and the o-line is just bad. I just don't think Indy can play, at the moment, with the better teams. the slow starts are going to kill them vs. playoff teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boone37 View Post
    No chance for 1 seed and little to none at 2. not a pessimist just a realist, there are too many key players out and the o-line is just bad. I just don't think Indy can play, at the moment, with the better teams. the slow starts are going to kill them vs. playoff teams
    I don't think we have a shot at the #1, just pointing out we are alive for it. I think the slow starts had a lot to do with Pep trying to call a game backwards, he was running early and throwing late....you want to do the opposite of that and throw early so you can run late. It seems at least in virtually meaningless game #1 of 3 he changed that game plan. This Sunday is the real test, but I think it will be a closer game than a lot of people are thinking.

vCash

Cincy would win the tiebreaker if there is a three way tie with the Pats and the Colts. The first tiebreaker is winning percentage against all who are tied and this goes to Cincy hands down with beating us and New England..... Cincy would have to stumble to Minnesota and Baltimore for that to happen and if that were to happen, they would probably miss the playoffs completely as Baltimore would win the division.

vCash
    Simple.

2 seed if Bills beat Patriots AND Ravens beat Bengals.

Otherwise sounds like we'll get 4 seed.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I think we end up with the 3. Bengals will probably be conservative in the 1st half then if they're losing, rest starters like they did last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Simple.

2 seed if Bills beat Patriots AND Ravens beat Bengals.

Otherwise sounds like we'll get 4 seed.
    Well if both happen we get the two seed. If either happen we get the three seed. I think.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieColts View Post
    Cincy would win the tiebreaker if there is a three way tie with the Pats and the Colts. The first tiebreaker is winning percentage against all who are tied and this goes to Cincy hands down with beating us and New England..... Cincy would have to stumble to Minnesota and Baltimore for that to happen and if that were to happen, they would probably miss the playoffs completely as Baltimore would win the division.
    This morning I saw again on ESPN the tiebreakers, and it said that if the Colts win and the Patriots lose this week, the colts get the 2 seed., meaning if Cincy the Pats and the Colts are all tied, the tie breaker is going to be conference record.

You might be right, but how about a source somewhere showing that? In three way ties, assuming no one team has beaten the two others, the tiebreaker has always been conference record. Winning percentage, as far as I know and have seen, is further down the list as it should be.

I most certainly could be wrong, but let's pretend I'm from Missouri and show me.

vCash
    3 or 4 seed would be fine with me.

But I think after seeing yesterday's game, I would be completely content with taking on KC again. They are mediocre, and it's well-known they struggle against upper-tier talent. Their strength of victory this year has been .339....nothing to brag about there.

From there we would (likely) take on Denver...

#iubb

vCash
    This morning I saw again on ESPN the tiebreakers, and it said that if the Colts win and the Patriots lose this week, the colts get the 2 seed., meaning if Cincy the Pats and the Colts are all tied, the tie breaker is going to be conference record.

You might be right, but how about a source somewhere showing that? In three way ties, assuming no one team has beaten the two others, the tiebreaker has always been conference record. Winning percentage, as far as I know and have seen, is further down the list as it should be.

I most certainly could be wrong, but let's pretend I'm from Missouri and show me.
    Lol Cincy has the first tiebreaker over us since they beat us....

If Cincy wins, Indy wins, and NE loses,
    Cincy = 2, Indy = 3, NE = 4

If Cincy loses, Indy wins, and NE loses,
    Indy = 2, Cincy = 3, NE = 4

If Cincy loses, Indy wins, and NE wins,
    Indy = 2, NE = 3, Cincy = 4.

BRING THE PATRIOTS TO THE LUKE!!!!

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Lol Cincy has the first tiebreaker over us since they beat us....

If Cincy wins, Indy wins, and NE loses,
    Cincy = 2, Indy = 3, NE = 4

If Cincy loses, Indy wins, and NE loses,
    Indy = 2, Cincy = 3, NE = 4

If Cincy loses, Indy wins, and NE wins,
    Indy = 2, NE = 3, Cincy = 4.

BRING THE PATRIOTS TO THE LUKE!!!!
    You're right when talking about two way ties, but I'm talking about a three way tie:

What are you basing Cincy getting the two seed on if both Cincy and Indy wins and NE loses, resulting in a three way tie?

What site or sources are you seeing that says Cincy is the 2 seed in that situation?

vCash
    I am hoping Indy stays at 4 as I like the matchup against KC and then against Denver. I am not saying they will win either but can. New England in New England I say no chance....
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast