Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Zimmer

vCash

Mike Zimmer

With the corners we have and his history with the team I think Zimmer is the perfect candidate to be the next head coach. They need a more passionate guy with ties to the organization but somebody who can fix the D. The offense will be solid as soon as Callahan is gone. There's more than enough talent on that side of the ball. No retread coaches that come here for a payday and a vacation. No college coaches that start fast and then fall of a cliff. This team needs stability and energy.

vCash
    I'd love it.

vCash
    until we are in the off season, this thread is not relevant...Mauve isn't getting fired with two games left

vCash
    I'd prefer Jones not to ruin Zimmer's career

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    If Jones removes himself from the decision making I'd like to keep an eye on the Pac 12. Coaches such as David Shaw or Steve Sarkisian. Worth checking out imo. Or stick with Defensive minded coaches.

Either way Jones needs to give autonomy to whoever comes in.

Examples of Pac 12 success:

Pete Carroll, Harbaugh (Jim), and Chip Kelly have turned their franchises around and have found success.
    Last edited by thedon01; 12-17-2013 at 09:02 AM.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    i'm all for Mike Zimmer coming into dallas, I think if we hire him and keep Rob Marinelli we could turn this defense around. Also Zimmer is the kind of coach who can get my kind of players in check and have them playing great football.. If Zimmer was here now we would probably have Vontaze burfict and the honey badger and drafted janoris jenkins over Mo Claiborne.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Zimmer got his NFL start in Dallas. So Jerry will get bashed for ruining his career but not for giving him his first opportunity. Let's give Chip Kelly a little more than a season before we say he's turned anything around. I'm not a fan of college coaches who have no previous NFL experience. Bellicheck and Carroll failed first before coming back and being great. Both Harbaugh brothers had previous NFL coaching experience. I'm not interested in the Sabans, Petrinos and Spurriers of the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    i'm all for Mike Zimmer coming into dallas, I think if we hire him and keep Rob Marinelli we could turn this defense around. Also Zimmer is the kind of coach who can get my kind of players in check and have them playing great football.. If Zimmer was here now we would probably have Vontaze burfict and the honey badger and drafted janoris jenkins over Mo Claiborne.
    I loved Burfict but 32 teams passed on him for 7 rds not just the cowboys. So a lot of teams got it wrong. I think you're gonna end up eating your words on Claiborne. And I don't see the honey badger being more than a nickel with return ability and possibly a safety later in his career. But that's as long as he doesn't screw up of the field. I'd love to have Zimmer with Marinelli but I have a feeling that when Kiffen goes so will Marinelli.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel816 View Post
    I loved Burfict but 32 teams passed on him for 7 rds not just the cowboys. So a lot of teams got it wrong. I think you're gonna end up eating your words on Claiborne. And I don't see the honey badger being more than a nickel with return ability and possibly a safety later in his career. But that's as long as he doesn't screw up of the field. I'd love to have Zimmer with Marinelli but I have a feeling that when Kiffen goes so will Marinelli.
    The badger is starting safety for the Cardinals and might I add better than any safety we have. I doubt that about Mo the guy is made of paper I don't remember the last time he even played in a game for us he is a complete BUST. Corners with his lack of speed are normally physical, but he lacks that and the ability to cover.yes all teams did but we drafted a LB in the 7th round when we should have used that on Burfict instead of Mcshurdy. I guess because I watched him play in college I figured he would be a top 15 pick
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    I think Jerry Jones should beg Jimmy Johnson to come back to Dallas and handle things; as far as personal and coaches. I think we need a Defensive Coach.. What do y'all think..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lafan1969 View Post
    I think Jerry Jones should beg Jimmy Johnson to come back to Dallas and handle things; as far as personal and coaches. I think we need a Defensive Coach.. What do y'all think..
    Why not consider Lovie Smith, has a defensive mind. Has great relationship with marinelli (days with the bears). Has been a winning coach. Been sitting home this season (don't know why). Start him off as DC, if Jason screws up next season, you have a suitable replacement all ready on team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboys44 View Post
    Why not consider Lovie Smith, has a defensive mind. Has great relationship with marinelli (days with the bears). Has been a winning coach. Been sitting home this season (don't know why). Start him off as DC, if Jason screws up next season, you have a suitable replacement all ready on team.
    I just think it's time for Jason Garrett to go, Lovie Smith would differently be an up grade and put Marinelli as the DC

vCash
    I like the idea of Lovie Smith for HC or DC (if Red Haired Jesus stays). My fear with Zimmer is, is he capable of being a HC. Look at Norv Turner, Wade "Crispy Creme" Phillips, Crenel, Cameron. Some guys are just meant to be Coordinators.

"God knows that I'm not a saint, but I am a Dallas Cowboy." -Rayfield Wright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lafan1969 View Post
    I don't usually comment about these things but you have 9 posts in almost 9 years. lol
    I like your comment but never going to happen.

vCash
    I would like zimmer, would not be mad at that at all, another guy i would like is rex ryan he can not coach a offense but on the defense of side of the ball he is a h*** of a coach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast