Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Allen on Hot Seat (nfl.com)

Silver also enjoys his digs at Mark Davis...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ie-likely-safe
    Last edited by Renz13; 12-16-2013 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Oakland should have 53 fans strap up week 16. Sure we would lose by 100+ points but we would have heart.

vCash
    Get it done Mark. First off, this mothertrucker came from the Bronc-hoes! Secondly, he freaking hires Greg Knapp for Pete sakes! He's good at giving explanations to the media as to why he can't coach because other than that he hasn't done squat...although some folks are content with having less penalties called and credit Allen for this.

Mckenzie hasn't done much better. He hired a Bronc-hoe, and his draft picks have been freaking garbage...except Streater.

Fire the coaching staff, and give McKenzie one more season to fuak this up with another stupid draft pick.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Mark,please fire the entire coaching staff.

vCash
    ... Streater wasn't a draft pick, he was undrafted.

Reggie gets another year or two, IMO, to get things straightened out. YES, two more years - he gets to hire a new coach, sign a bunch of free agents to give them a competitive roster, etc... if the new coach fails, or if Reggie signs scrubs to big deals, it's game over.

This will be a fascinating off-season.

vCash
    Fascinating, pivotal, critical, etc... The magnitude of this offseason cannot be understated.

Is anyone else concerned with the manner in which Davis is portrayed in the article?

vCash
    Good. Allen brings nothing to the table as a head coach. I'm not asking for thanksgiving dinner, but something close.

vCash
    Thank you God i see you have been listening. Get him out of here, Davis not now , but right now .
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    This team is better then the record period. They've quit as well.

When that happens, it falls on the coach.

vCash
    As frustrating it is to hear the yearly cycle of "fire the current coach", this year is very unique.

I for one remember that we have a ton of one year contracts, or at least short lived contracts. Not to take any blame away from the coaching staff, but players should never quit. Players that quit when things don't go our way are players I do not want on this team.

That being said, every week I find it more likely that Mark Davis axes Dennis Allen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    This team is better then the record period. They've quit as well.

When that happens, it falls on the coach.
    Thanks for always keeping it real bro this fake loyalty to a dead in the water coach is driving me crazy. Two years in a row players have quit on this guy ,and people still don't understand that is the only way players can protest in this league.
    They can't come out ,and say Allen is **** ,and needs to be fired the only way they can get rid of him is to quit on him.

That's part of the nfl culture ,and always have been from way back in the days. 4-12, Fish for the second season in a row ,and still in the minds of a very few this guy should get yet another pass no way no how.

His head must roll point blank period we shouldn't waste another day with this guy weaning coaches is for teams in the position too do so that's, not us.
    We need a full grown coach in Oakland ,and we need him now.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    NFL lackeys like Silver took shots at Al every chance they got, and looks as tho they wont be letting up on his son. If I may use Obie's expression, **** the NFL.
    Its tough to tell whether its coaching or execution, so I dont blame DA ...yet.

vCash
    Allen has got to go, which pisses me off, because I'm sick of the revolving door at coach, but next year we could finally be able to compete for real, so bringing in a new guy to get it going could be nice, also factor in that the position could be an attractive one considering the potential of the team

But yeah Allen is just another failure at head coach, could be a good D Cord. though
    Foam Party!

vCash
    [...] a source familiar with the mindset of ownership [...]
    WTF? That is a ****ing stupid source.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman323 View Post
    WTF? That is a ****ing stupid source.
    It's probably Amy Trask or some such nonsense.

Mark Davis is quite literally new to all of this. He has never fired a coach as primary owner of the team - this is all a new experience for him.

With Al, we could predict - with some accuracy - what was going to happen. It's a whole new ball game with Mark Davis - nobody can accurately predict what he's going to do.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast