Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Go Go Dolphins

vCash

Go Go Dolphins

This has to be a thread. They're still using the "go go" cadence on almost every run play and "go" on passing plays. There's no doubt in my mind that it's hurting the running game. Tipping off the oppsong team's front seven is not going to win you games. Time to change it up a little bit.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    I, among many dolphin fans, have noticed this and made a thread about it a while ago. Some of the members here are to dense to look and acknowledge it so they just said im making excuses or something. On other Dolphin forums this is a BIG topic of disussion.
    Good news though, this all may change this week as Bryant Mckennie has demanded a change and said current cadence is obvious. Here, the sun-sentinal article has more of the interview with Mckennie than the espn article

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...ll-joe-philbin
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...new-snap-count
    Last edited by marinoman; 12-25-2013 at 04:23 PM.

vCash
    At least 2 of those sacks against the Bills the LB had a running start. No offensive lineman is going to make those blocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    At least 2 of those sacks against the Bills the LB had a running start. No offensive lineman is going to make those blocks.
    i agree, saying 48 go-go then snapping makes it easy to time. Another issue is John Jerry smacking Pouncey's leg right before the snap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marinoman View Post
    i agree, saying 48 go-go then snapping makes it easy to time. Another issue is John Jerry smacking Pouncey's leg right before the snap
    When I was watching the Bills game it was obvious to me. Some people were blaming the line for the sacks, but it was obvious the Bills knew the snap count as the LB's were moving before the snap and it was a major reason for the 7 sacks, it was the main thing I posted after the game, and many posters have noticed this over the course of a season.

When your watching the game on TV you see only what the camera allows. However one thing I noticed was the little Matt Moore was in the game the Bills were not getting a jump like they were when Tannehill was in the game. It could just be a small sample size but it could also mean Tannehill is predictable.

Long term this is not something I am concerned about because it would seem like a easy fix to me, but short term I want to make the playoffs, and football players are smart, and if one team figures out another team you can bet the next team will copycat it.

vCash
    Its really something that the coaches should of fixed ages ago as most fans have been pointing it out for a long time now.