Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Trade Ware Now? Too Late

Back a couple of years when i suggested to trade Ware many on here thought i was a moron for even thinking such.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Ware-for-real

So, how does it look to hang on to an aging LB who's obviously declined and is eating up 15m per year when Jones could have shopped him at value and received a first round pick?

Hope this is a lesson that loyalty to a player and not the business is what separates a GM from a fan. Looks like Jerry is just a fan, like some loyal posters on here.
    Last edited by Fred; 12-16-2013 at 08:16 PM.

vCash

sigh

Quote Originally Posted by TheScab View Post
    Back a couple of years when i suggested to trade Ware many on here thought i was a moron for even thinking such.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Ware-for-real

So, how does it look to hang on to an aging LB who's obviously declined and is eating up 15m per year when Jones could have shopped him at value and received a first round pick?

Hope this is a lesson that loyalty to a player and not the business is what separates a GM from a fan. Looks like Jerry is just a fan, like some loyal posters on here.
    no. no no.

sigh. listen. you could not have traded ware. wasnt an option. regardless of if he was going to be great or terrible. he just signed a monstor deal. the cap hit would have been impossible.

let me try and explain it to you. when you cut a player,or trade them, the garunteed portion of the deal, all goes on the cap for that year. ALL OF IT. when we give signing bonuses, or restructure deals, we are putting more money later in the deal. help for the short term, but makes it harder for us to cut them later in the deal.

to trade ware then we would have taken probally a 20-25 million++ million dollar cap hit.

you have to take into the account the cap, and the cap hit when cutting and trading players.
    Last edited by Fred; 12-16-2013 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    I don't know how his contract is structured. Is it possible that he agrees to a lower salary? Say what you want about Ware, but the guy is a team player. I think he will be the first to admit he hasn't lived up to his contract.
    I am not saying he will do it, just that it wouldn't surprise me.

vCash
    Lol look at my post...and you said my birth was a mistake...how did you not get banned for that? Hahaha
    Last edited by notoriousbig21; 12-16-2013 at 07:01 PM.

vCash

Trade Ware Now? Too Late

Go to overthecap.com

It's a good tool to use. Cutting Ware post June will create 12.5 million in cap space.

vCash
    Probably easier to go another year with Ware and then decide.

vCash
    Also it's his first year in a new defense. Let's give him more than a season before we trade a hall of famer for a mid to late round pick

vCash
    It's seriously time to trade Demarcus Ware. Yes, he's a superstar, but he isn't as important to the boys winning as a QB is. Romo will never be the answer plain and simple. 1. Trade Ware to the Colts for Peyton Manning or 2. trade him to whichever team has the first round pick in the draft so Dallas can get Andrew Luck. Which option you guys like best?
    1. What makes you think the Colts would have made that trade?

2. Which team in their right mind would trade a number 1 overall pick for a franchise QB for Ware? Are you serious?????

The trade ideas in this forum are so out of this world and one sided, it's no wonder why they never happen.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    well back in 2011 he would have gotten us a 1st round pick, but at the time he was our best player on defense so i'm sure I was against it then, but since last season I have been wanting him to be traded so we can have some kind of cap space. we need him off the books unless he takes a major price reduction, he is not worth 3mil a year now let alone 10-15 mil a season
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    i disagree that Ware could have yielded the Colts first round pick at 29 years old. Guys, trades have to benefit both teams not just one. That's why these trade ideas are stuck in a fan forum and not being done in real life.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Yea this isn't a video game. At most we could probably get a couple late round picks from a contender (because a lottery team will not take on a huge salary of an old injury prone player for quality picks). I'm talking a boldin to San Fran type of trade. Sure we may get the cap down, but we'd be adding a significant amount of money to our already ****ed financial situation. Not really worth it. Just let him play out his deal and maybe he signs for pennies on the dollar and retires a cowboy, which needs to happen. Don't forget that he isn't even a full year under a new scheme and has battled nagging injuries for the past 2 years. No matter what happens, trading him doesn't make any sense. Do you sit there and think, "we are losing games, I bet now everyone on the cowboys forum will think that trading ware is a good idea." Then you get on here and get bashed because it's not a good idea at all.

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    i disagree that Ware could have yielded the Colts first round pick at 29 years old. Guys, trades have to benefit both teams not just one. That's why these trade ideas are stuck in a fan forum and not being done in real life.
    We might as well trade tony for 2-3 first rounders, witten for another couple firsts, and everyone else that's over 30 and have big deals. We'll be set for the next few drafts!

titties

vCash
    Percy harvin went for a 1st round pick and so did Roy Williams and none of them had the production of Ware.

vCash
    Why do PSD GM's think trades only happen on video games? Those are the dumbest lines ever maybe they are just for laughs hopefully. Nobody would take Ware for the #1 pick ever but he could have went for a 1st round pick to a team that wanted a OLB who was considered the best in the NFL at the time. Currently he isn't worth a 4th round pick, but a few years ago he sure was. The same people who say those lines also believe you win football games with a bunch of non emotional robots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Why do PSD GM's think trades only happen on video games? Those are the dumbest lines ever maybe they are just for laughs hopefully. Nobody would take Ware for the #1 pick ever but he could have went for a 1st round pick to a team that wanted a OLB who was considered the best in the NFL at the time. Currently he isn't worth a 4th round pick, but a few years ago he sure was. The same people who say those lines also believe you win football games with a bunch of non emotional robots
    a few years ago, he just signed his new deal. that is when the cap would have prohibit him from being traded.

now that he is a few years into it, and we have already dedicated alot of the garunteed money toward him on past years cap, its alot easier. then it would have been to big a cap hit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast