Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Julien Not Happy About Marchand's Antics.

Was reading a interview with CJ on NESN where he talked about Marchand's antics in the Vancouver game. I'll post the link below, but here were some things CJ said that stood out to me.

"Sometimes his emotions get the better of him. I mean, we’ve worked with him and we’ll continue to work with him. The perception that it gives our organization is not what you want to see with those kinds of things. I don’t know what he said to you guys, but it’s certainly something that we’re going to deal with.

From what I hear what happened, that’s definitely not something we’ll accept in our organization.”
    http://nesn.com/2013/12/claude-julie...-with-forward/

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    we wouldn't like it to much if one of the Chicago players did that to us. I'm glad to have Marchand on this team but I don't like these antics either.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Was reading a interview with CJ on NESN where he talked about Marchand's antics in the Vancouver game. I'll post the link below, but here were some things CJ said that stood out to me.

http://nesn.com/2013/12/claude-julie...-with-forward/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    we wouldn't like it to much if one of the Chicago players did that to us. I'm glad to have Marchand on this team but I don't like these antics either.
    If we were blowing out CHI and they did that I wouldn't care. Marchand needs to be smarter about when he gets under peoples skin.

vCash
    This is only gonna make that trade chatter get louder

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    I thought what he did was funny. But then again, it was in poor taste, sort of a sore winner mentality displayed there.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Me too I thought it was hilarious. **** Vancouver

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    If I were the Bruins I would definitely throw his name around the trade block and see what type of offers you receive...it really wouldn't hurt. In fact, having his name thrown around could work as a wake up call to Marchand. Sometimes though, when a player hears their name tossed around it has a negative effect on them, however, I don't believe that would be the case with Marchand. The way Marchand has played though dating back to the Cup finals, his trade value might be low right now, however, given his age and past production, some teams may be willing to give up something decent for him, especially those teams that are lacking in the toughness department.

vCash
    I like Marchand and I never cared for the things he did because he backed it up with his play. Lately though he's been getting annoying.

I took a quick look at the numbers (I'm no statistician). The past three seasons he was great and improved every year in almost every stat. This year his numbers are the worst. The only stat that remains high for him is PIM. He's taking stupid penalties and not being productive. Now people have more reason than ever to call him a rat or cheap shot artist or whatever.

Claude's right about getting it under control. After the Thornthon/Orpik thing these guys gotta watch what they do.

vCash
    The B's weren't quick to trade Lucic when he was really sucking, i really don't think they should do it with Marchand. I still feel he needs to go upstairs and watch some games up there. If that doesn't get to him, THEN i'd start looking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SD554 View Post
    I like Marchand and I never cared for the things he did because he backed it up with his play. Lately though he's been getting annoying.

I took a quick look at the numbers (I'm no statistician). The past three seasons he was great and improved every year in almost every stat. This year his numbers are the worst. The only stat that remains high for him is PIM. He's taking stupid penalties and not being productive. Now people have more reason than ever to call him a rat or cheap shot artist or whatever.

Claude's right about getting it under control. After the Thornthon/Orpik thing these guys gotta watch what they do.
    Getting his antics controlled is one thing, but improving his play is another. He should have been demoted to the 3rd line or at least watch a game from above a long time ago.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    The B's weren't quick to trade Lucic when he was really sucking, i really don't think they should do it with Marchand. I still feel he needs to go upstairs and watch some games up there. If that doesn't get to him, THEN i'd start looking.
    The difference is Lucic is a rarity in today's NHL. There are not many 6'4 / 220lb. LW'ers who can fight, hit and put up 60+ points. Marchand is an undersized winger who can give you 40-50 points and can get under the other teams skin from time to time. In all honesty, Marchand is a slightly more offensive version of Ott, Cooke and Avery. I truly think he was a guy that benefited from playing with Seguin and Bergeron. On that line other teams took away Seguin then Bergeron, leaving Marchand open to score.

I know he's a fan favorite, but if you can move Marchand and get the right package you do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    3 years back I had a major debate with someone saying that I thought Brad Marchand was going to evolve into a superstar and be a consistent 30-40+ goal scorer while the other person said no way. While Marchand has his issues...I do say he is a "dirty player"...at times but I still think he has a ton of offensive potential...this guy has zero fear, he is not afraid to get in deep, forecheck, attempt to steal the puck, and he has an excellent wrist shot.

I'm not really sure what has happened to him though dating back to last season...perhaps he just needs to be scratched a few games...but at times he just looks lost and he is a complete non factor on the ice.

I'm in favor of keeping him, however, at the same time, putting his name on the block and seeing what happens...not the worst thing in the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxace View Post
    3 years back I had a major debate with someone saying that I thought Brad Marchand was going to evolve into a superstar and be a consistent 30-40+ goal scorer while the other person said no way. While Marchand has his issues...I do say he is a "dirty player"...at times but I still think he has a ton of offensive potential...this guy has zero fear, he is not afraid to get in deep, forecheck, attempt to steal the puck, and he has an excellent wrist shot.

I'm not really sure what has happened to him though dating back to last season...perhaps he just needs to be scratched a few games...but at times he just looks lost and he is a complete non factor on the ice.

I'm in favor of keeping him, however, at the same time, putting his name on the block and seeing what happens...not the worst thing in the world.
    If he wasn't costing us $4.5 million a season I'd say keep him and see what happens. Unfortunately he is costing us $4.5 million and for that money he needs to be producing. I see no difference between potential moving Marchand and moving Seguin.

vCash
    its been a while but if Marchand does start to become a problem then they should trade him for prospects. Looking at the FA list next year one name that jumps out to me is Callahan who would fit in perfectly with the Bruins. The cap is rising so it would be easy to add him in. To me would be a win for the Bruins like the Seguin deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    If he wasn't costing us $4.5 million a season I'd say keep him and see what happens. Unfortunately he is costing us $4.5 million and for that money he needs to be producing. I see no difference between potential moving Marchand and moving Seguin.
    I agree...if they moved Seguin than they would probably have zero problem or issue with moving Marchand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast