Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Omer Asik trade update: Rockets have offer in place, likely to be a three-team deal

The Rockets are determined to trade Omer Asik in the next few days, and the latest update says that the framework of a three-team deal may be already in place.

Now that Dec. 15 is upon us, players who signed new contracts last summer are eligible to be dealt, and players traded before Dec. 19 are eligible to be included in another deal before the Feb. 20 trade deadline passes.

Houston will continue to shop Asik to get the most they can in return for the talented but disgruntled big man, but if no further offers materialize, there’s one that the team is reportedly willing to accept that may net draft picks in return.

From Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle:

Morey would not discuss his plans, but a person with knowledge of the Rockets’ thinking said Morey set his Dec. 19 deadline in part because he knows he has an offer he is willing to take. Though things can change several times by Thursday, that individual said “it very likely will be a pretty complicated, three-way deal. There are a lot of moving parts.” …

According to individuals with knowledge of the talks, the Rockets do not have a deal in place but were greatly encouraged when trade talks intensified Dec. 6, so much so that the confidence that they would be ready to pull the trigger helped inspire the Dec. 19 “deadline” as much as needing a deal by then to be able to move players again this season.

As much as speculation has centered around Thad Young, if the Rockets are to do a deal with Philadelphia and former Rockets assistant GM Sam Hinkie, it is more likely to be a three-team deal in which the player the Sixers trade goes elsewhere.

The rumored deal with the Sixers always made the most sense. But if Houston is after picks instead of frontcourt help to bolster the team’s roster, then involving a third team might be the best way to accomplish that.

Marc Stein of ESPN.com reports that the Celitcs may be an option.

The advice offered us Sunday was stern: Keep an eye on Boston. The Celtics possess two players in different salary ranges that would presumably fit in useful ways next to Dwight Howard: Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. The Celts also have a spare first-round draft pick or two to plug into any trade equation to sweeten the deal for Houston, amid rising suspicions around the league that Morey’s Rockets are going to find a way to come out of the Asik saga with at least one future first.

Houston placed championship-level aspirations on this season after acquiring Dwight Howard, and it’s worth noting that dealing Asik for future picks won’t do anything to help the team accomplish that goal. There may be other deals on the horizon for the Rockets, but this one alone involving Asik doesn’t sound all that promising, at least in terms of providing immediate help this season.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ree-team-deal/

vCash
    Sullinger/Olynyk at PF with Asik/Faverani at C intrigues me but I don't think we're at the place we need to be to start making additions like Asik. I don't want to get stuck in that middle ground. BOS's roster isn't crap but all of our pieces are best served as the 4th-8th best players on championship teams. Asik just gives us another guy who fits that description.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    i'll make this bold prediction, asik will be traded by the 19th

vCash
    Sullinger and Asik would be a solid Frontcourt that should compliment each other well.

vCash
    Asik for Lebron. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Asik for Lebron. Book it.
    lmfao at your sig

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    if I'm Boston, I trade for Asik only if you can send him somewhere else after you raise his stock and send him for another pick. I try and get Melo in the offseason and build around Rondo, Melo, Green, and lottery picks. Unless there's a trade for Monroe.

vCash
    Never doubted him for a second
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Asik for Melo, Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr., jr smith and 3 first round picks.
    New York Knicks Pride #2014 IM BACK. LETS GO

vCash
    Channing Frye and Ind 2014 1st to Hou
    Asik to Bos
    Green to Phx

vCash
    Millsap for Asik based.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Channing Frye and Ind 2014 1st to Hou
    Asik to Bos
    Green to Phx
    So Phoenix gets Jeff Green for Channing ****in Frye and a bottom 1st rnd pick?You are either a Suns homer,or don't know that Jeff Green is preety good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORS@GR View Post
    So Phoenix gets Jeff Green for Channing ****in Frye and a bottom 1st rnd pick?You are either a Suns homer,or don't know that Jeff Green is preety good.
    Yeah, idiotic trade. Never happen. I do like Frye. Glad to see him playing alright after his health problems.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Millsap for Asik based.
    And Hawks get whatever the 3rd team is offering? If it's a 3 team trade, Hawks seem to only trade Millsap for a starting center. Wonder what the 3rd team is for?

McGOAT

vCash
    Here's what I posted in the other Asik thread. What I think the trade could be

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    There are reports saying it could be a three team deal with Philly and Boston.

I can see a type of deal where Boston gets Asik, Houston gets Bass and either Hawes or Thad, and Philly gets a 1st rounder from Boston and takes on one of Boston's contract dumps like Gerald Wallace or Kris Humphries. With some other spare moving parts in the background.

Houston gets some solid role players on modest contracts that can compliment Dwight fairly well and provide good depth in the front court. Boston gets Asik for Bass and a first. Rondo/Asik is a very respectable PG/C starting point for a team that's retooling, not tanking. And they get to dump either Humphries or Wallace on Philly to seal the deal. And with Philly being below the salary floor, they can afford to take on Humphries or Wallace, while getting to trade away one of the vets for another first round pick in the tank effort.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast