Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toler.........

vCash

Toler.........

Has to go. I don't care what the Colts have to do to replace him, but I don't want to see his *** on this team next year.

My mind was made up when I read the quote where he says he needs to be 100% to play. WTF?

What football player is ever 100% most of the time. Colts should have vetted this guy a lot better before signing him, because it seems like he ants a check but doesn't want to play. Which probably explains his injury history with the cardinals....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Has to go. I don't care what the Colts have to do to replace him, but I don't want to see his *** on this team next year.

My mind was made up when I read the quote where he says he needs to be 100% to play. WTF?

What football player is ever 100% most of the time. Colts should have vetted this guy a lot better before signing him, because it seems like he ants a check but doesn't want to play. Which probably explains his injury history with the cardinals....
    Any idea how much we save if we cut him after this season? Either way, Grigson will be in the market for 2 corners since Vontae is a FA.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    I think Vontae will stay. I don't care though, if we could get QB pressure other than Mathis then it wouldn't matter who our corners are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Any idea how much we save if we cut him after this season? Either way, Grigson will be in the market for 2 corners since Vontae is a FA.
    Toler would save over 4m if he cut him, and is only 666k in dead money against the cap. He def needs to go at those numbers.

Grigson needs to resign Davis, if for no other reason than letting him go means Grigson wasted a 2nd round pick.

vCash
    Toler would save over 4m if he cut him, and is only 666k in dead money against the cap. He def needs to go at those numbers.

Grigson needs to resign Davis, if for no other reason than letting him go means Grigson wasted a 2nd round pick.
    Would your opinion on Toler change if he played lights out in the playoffs?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Would your opinion on Toler change if he played lights out in the playoffs?
    Nope. It's easy for,me to say that because it isn't going to happen, lol. Even when he played there were games he played poorly, so,it's not like we're talking about a Bob Sanders impact,type,of,player here.

vCash
    I was thinking this yesterday. Keep Davis but go get a strong FA corner. would help the pass rush too and give them time.

vCash
    Toler was brought in as a known risk and the reason for his safe contract, that said has anyone in here thought maybe the training staff has something to do with keeping him out since we really haven't been in danger of losing the division since week 3 when the Texans started their losing streak? IMO with all the injuries and being low on roster spots if they didn't have something to do with keeping him out he would be on the IR by now since they have been quick to pull that trigger all year.

Toler is a physical corner who I would rather have in the playoffs than in the last 3 virtually meaningless games of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Toler was brought in as a known risk and the reason for his safe contract, that said has anyone in here thought maybe the training staff has something to do with keeping him out since we really haven't been in danger of losing the division since week 3 when the Texans started their losing streak? IMO with all the injuries and being low on roster spots if they didn't have something to do with keeping him out he would be on the IR by now since they have been quick to pull that trigger all year.

Toler is a physical corner who I would rather have in the playoffs than in the last 3 virtually meaningless games of the season.
    That's not the reason. Toler has been quoted as saying he isn't going to play until he feels he is 100% physically. It's got nothing to do with anybody else.

vCash
    That's not the reason. Toler has been quoted as saying he isn't going to play until he feels he is 100% physically. It's got nothing to do with anybody else.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...il-100-percent

This is a quote from him
    “I want to be back out there helping my teammates,” Toler said. “Some dudes can play with their bodies being off a little. I can’t. The training staff told me they want me to be 100 percent before I go back out there.”
    In the article it explains that not playing in Cincy (since this is from Dec 9) was partially due to the cold and the risk of hurting himself again. I think there is a lot more to the training staff/front office looking at his history and at the very least helping his decision not to play in meaningless games so he will be 100% in the playoffs than you give him credit for.

Granted some players would lie to come back early....but those are also a lot of the players with injury history that never get healthy and hurt their team by either going on IR for coming back early, or getting to the playoffs at 70% and being a liability.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-16-2013 at 01:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...il-100-percent

This is a quote from him

In the article it explains that not playing in Cincy (since this is from Dec 9) was partially due to the cold and the risk of hurting himself again. I think there is a lot more to the training staff/front office looking at his history and at the very least helping his decision not to play in meaningless games so he will be 100% in the playoffs than you give him credit for.

Granted some players would lie to come back early....but those are also a lot of the players with injury history that never get healthy and hurt their team by either going on IR for coming back early, or getting to the playoffs at 70% and being a liability.
    Here's the part you left out:

“I want to be back out there helping my teammates,” Toler said. “Some dudes can play with their bodies being off a little. I can’t.

ANNNDDD.....

The time it has taken Toler to try to overcome his groin injury, which happened in the third quarter of the Oct. 20 game against Denver, is somewhat alarming.

He said there is a backstory behind it. Toler, who also had injury problems during his four seasons with Arizona, said he made the mistake of trying to play through injuries when he was younger.

He doesn’t want to make the same mistake again.

So it seems clear it's being driven by Toler, not by the training staff.

vCash
    Chalk up another Loss for Ryan "GM of the year" Grigson.

<3

vCash
    Chalk up another Loss for Ryan "GM of the year" Grigson.
    Lol. I know, you think I'm too critical of Grigson. But frankly why sign a guy with injury problems and a soft attitude towards playing?

vCash
    Lol. I know, you think I'm too critical of Grigson. But frankly why sign a guy with injury problems and a soft attitude towards playing?
    I am actually beginning to side with you on Grigson. I think He's a very good GM but he made a lot of dumb moves this season. Didn't make sense to replace an injury proned CB with another injury prone CB, but at least he re-signed Butler to back it up.

<3

vCash
    Grigson has made quite a few mistakes, but I can't knock his extremely safe contracts in year 2 of a rebuild...I don't care what they call it, we are in a rebuilding process. If we find a better CB than Toler for the same price in FA or even the draft...we are out 600k for cutting him like you mentioned....sounds like a good deal to me. I just don't think Grigson wanted to mortgage the future and take a gamble on 1 or two big names....so he took a gamble on 5-6 medium to low names.

I don't think signs like Toler are the problem. We had Butler and Vaughn as our nickel and dime back...and Gordy is a pretty good 5th, so taking a shot on a huge upside with little risk if he didn't pan out isn't that big of an issue for me in year 2 of a build...I think not addressing 2 of the 4 gaping holes on the O Line and the WR position before settling on DHB who was left without a home when the FA dust cleared are the bigger issues for Grigson. He and Irsay made a point to help Luck....and then got 1 in Thomas and and a roll of the dice in DHB to help him out. Also that whole forgetting the interior line outside of Thomas makes trading for an interior bruising runner like T Rich look bad as well.

The Pep hiring looks pretty bad now, but he was an up and coming coach that just hasn't adjusted well, so I can't be too angry since I think a lot of teams would have welcomed him...it was a shot Grigson took, and I would have rather had a guy with experience, but if Pep could have adjusted to the NFL it could have looked like a terrific move. IMO this is the time to take a chance and see if it goes well....not 2-3 years from now, so I'm fine with the try...just not how it turned out. Luck isn't a QB who is going to be broken by a coordinator change his first couple of years, but I'm hoping we move on and bring in someone like Kubiak that probably would be here for 3+ years instead of an up and coming guy that is using us as a stepping stone to a HC job...and certainly hope we aren't staying the course with Pep.

I think we agree that Grigson has made mistakes, I just think we disagree on what the bigger ones are. I think it is not surrounding Pagano with the right guys on his staff that have experience as a HC to help him and not addressing Luck's supporting cast on offense more than people he signed to safe contracts that have had issues.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-17-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast