Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Melo: I need help from teammates

By Ian Begley | December 15, 2013 8:13:15 PM PSt

We all have to step up to those challenges. It's not every night I'm going to bail us out. We should know that," he said.

"[Sometimes], they're just looking for me to make something happen," he said. "We've got to get away from that. We've got to get better at that.

(I think even after that win he still wasnt satisfied)

vCash
    Its that old chicken or the egg complex.. Are his teammates looking for him to make something happen, or do his teammates simply know he won't pass them the ball. 'Melo has been playing better lately, but when he goes into his hero-ball mode, its about him, not his teammates.

vCash
    It all boils down to teamwork. I guess it is not just right to depend on a single player to win a game. Everyone must play their part!

vCash

Melo: I need help from teammates

If he wants help from his teammates he needs to get away from the hero ball.

Best poster on PSD Douglas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Its that old chicken or the egg complex.. Are his teammates looking for him to make something happen, or do his teammates simply know he won't pass them the ball. 'Melo has been playing better lately, but when he goes into his hero-ball mode, its about him, not his teammates.

Figured you'd say something like this, are u and giant's#1fan related?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    If he wants help from his teammates he needs to get away from the hero ball.
    If I saw that my teammates weren't producing like they haven't been the majority of the season, than your going to feel like u have to do more, and that goes along with playing hero ball. And that just doesn't include offensively, without chandler he has been the leading rebounder for this team at almost 10rpg. And thats cause he isn't getting much help there either, people don't see that he is passing the ball to the open man, there just not knocking them down, otherwise he be avg 5 to 6 apg. Theres a reason that he's asking for help, its because he feels most nights he's not, and when they do u get good results. Can't get mad at the man for asking for help, this could also be a message to shumpert and JR in paticular, or his way of asking management to get something done alah lowry for felton and Metta!

vCash
    yo' not for nothing but I'd hate being his teammate LOLS.

get me da rock! move! move! [dribble, dribble, draws a man...drive shoots, misses, tips back in]

get me da rock! move! move! [dribble, dribble, draws a man...drive shoots, makes]

get me da rock! move! move! [dribble, dribble, draws a man...drive shoots, misses, doesn't run back on D]

get me da rock! move! move! [dribble, dribble, draws 2 men...drive shoots, misses, tips back in]

get me da rock! move! move! [dribble, dribble, draws a man...turns down a wide open option, drive shoots, misses, dagger 3 the other way]

after the game: Yo I need help out there, and we gotta do it together [to sound like a team guy]
    OPERATION "BOOM!"
    THE BLOW UP WILL BE TELEVISED

King Phil's entrance music
    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    yo' not for nothing but I'd hate being his teammate LOLS.

get me da rock! move! move! [dribble, dribble, draws a man...drive shoots, misses, tips back in]

get me da rock! move! move! [dribble, dribble, draws a man...drive shoots, makes]

get me da rock! move! move! [dribble, dribble, draws a man...drive shoots, misses, doesn't run back on D]

get me da rock! move! move! [dribble, dribble, draws 2 men...drive shoots, misses, tips back in]

get me da rock! move! move! [dribble, dribble, draws a man...turns down a wide open option, drive shoots, misses, dagger 3 the other way]

after the game: Yo I need help out there, and we gotta do it together [to sound like a team guy]
    You should make a band together with kashmir and giants#1fan and call yourselves The Melo Haters!

vCash
    this is funny coming from melo considering he shipped away all the help when he decided to not sign in the off season.

vCash
    He fights for position in the post and takes screens going towards the ball because it's part of the game.

It's really the Point guard's job to bring the ball up and set up the offense.
    But they do don't really have an offense. It's really:

1. Get the ball to melo if he gets good position in the post.
    2. Get the ball to Melo on a face up Iso and see what he can create.
    3. Point Guard Run Pick and Roll/pop with Amare/Bargnani
    4. Melo Run Pick and Rol/popl with Amare/Bargnani
    5. Bargnani Iso in the post
    6. J.R. Iso
    7. Amare in the post Iso
    8. Swing ball to Tim Hardaway JR for 3

Those are really the only things they try to offensively all game. That's not an offensive system, it's just a series of allowances for players. Melo is not being maximized, because it's obvious that the team does not know how to get an easy bucket when they need one. Their BEST play is probably a Melo Iso, if not a Pick and Roll with Melo and Amare. That's sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    this is funny coming from melo considering he shipped away all the help when he decided to not sign in the off season.
    I didn't know Melo was management for the knicks and can pull off something like that.!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MELO 15 View Post
    You should make a band together with kashmir and giants#1fan and call yourselves The Melo Haters!
    Your username is literally MELO 15. Enough said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MELO 15 View Post
    I didn't know Melo was management for the knicks and can pull off something like that.!
    Nah. 'Melo only scoffed at the names included in the proposed trade, and in essence, said he's worth all that and more. He gotz hiz moneyz doe...

vCash
    He's telling Jr shump felton to step up

vCash
    This is hilarious! My dude melo is delusional lol. Wtf! He don't notice himself clogging up the lane when they want to run pick and rolls, or notice himself not in the corner where they can't leave him thus creating space and opportunity for penetration so the ball can move and everybody can feel involved. My dude sound crazy, like he don't notice that he not getting one on ones in the post if he getting double and tripled at times somebody gotta be open?

He doing a way better job with some of the things holding us back but he ain't fully committed to it yet and that's what's holding us back. And it ain't just him but wen he committed to it everybody else commits to it.

16. 12-15-2013, 11:12 PM
    Reason
    off topic nonsense

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast