Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Eric Chavez

vCash

Eric Chavez

This should be our last off season non-pitcher aqusition. He is a LH bat that can spell Casty at 3B when needed and he can be our big bat off the bench to PH or play first or DH if someone is injured. Not only that but he is a great fielder who can help work with Nick at 3B. Would love to see us grab him at 4.5M for one year or less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    This should be our last off season non-pitcher aqusition. He is a LH bat that can spell Casty at 3B when needed and he can be our big bat off the bench to PH or play first or DH if someone is injured. Not only that but he is a great fielder who can help work with Nick at 3B. Would love to see us grab him at 4.5M for one year or less.
    He's not what he used to be with the glove but he would be a very nice addition, just not against lefties.

vCash
    I called for this earlier when his name was brought up with 8 or teams watching him and I can't agree with you more. A solid fill in for Castellanos on his days off/injuries/struggles. Plus adds a little bit of pop off the bench something that currently is non-existent.

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    Kevin Youlalis also would be good if not Chavez.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Kevin Youlalis also would be good if not Chavez.
    O.o Having him and porcello on the same team could be fun.

vCash
    We have the Donald what more do we need.

vCash
    He's a righty though, isn't he? I was trying to counter balance the position and give us a good lefty bat off the bench. The only other one I could come up with is Brian Roberts but he's never played 3B. Heck of a second baseman but could he play 3B? He's a switch hitter but has never been the same since his concussion.

vCash
    He's a righty though, isn't he? I was trying to counter balance the position and give us a good lefty bat off the bench. The only other one I could come up with is Brian Roberts but he's never played 3B. Heck of a second baseman but could he play 3B? He's a switch hitter but has never been the same since his concussion.
    He's a lefty actually and does very well against righties

vCash
    I would love the Chavez signing and give him the fulltime job. Let NC go back to the minors and get more expirence . Chavez would be a nice left handed bat and is a club house leader as well.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    If Chavez can do what he did last year, then I would be very happy with him.

Rushing: 122 Carries, 442 Yards, 3 TD
    Receiving: 20 Catch, 204 Yards, 0 TD
    Fumbles: 2....

Number of weeks without a fumble: 0!

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

vCash
    Castellanos will either play full-time (120+ games) or go back to Toledo. If he turns out to be a failure by mid-May, Dombrowski will shop for a replacement, or fill the position from within.

vCash
    Defnately have been on board with Chavez ever since the Fielder trade. Gives us nice insurance if NC isn't ready and can still be an effective lefty bat (we need).

On top of that, I would like to see us get a cheap catcher to work with Avila. John Buck or Miguel Olivo pop to mind as they have a history of power and solid RH bat to Avila. I can't imagine the price would be too steep.

vCash
    Sorry Mark, but franchises don't buy $3M free agents that only play one position, on assumptions. We already have enough DHs and 1Bs, so Chavez wont be of help there. Besides, it appears Chavez is being signed by Arizona (as of 14 hours ago).

Plus organizations don't hold back quality prospect catchers worthy of a look on parent clubs. Tigers have two catchers that must be evaluated by Detroit in the next year (2014-2015) and possibly a third prospect catcher, one year behind them.

vCash
    we have omar vizquel. I don't want anyone telling anyone on our team how to field any kind of ball unless your name is omar and have a thousand gold gloves in the closet back home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    we have omar vizquel. I don't want anyone telling anyone on our team how to field any kind of ball unless your name is omar and have a thousand gold gloves in the closet back home
    Agree. Also with MWG post above.

Besides, if I have an extra $4.5M available we need more bullpen arms. Give Jesse Crain that $4.5M. Just my opinion.
    "It's like deja-vu, all over again." -Yogi Berra