Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What should the Mets do with Familia?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep him

    9 75.00%
  • Trade him

    3 25.00%
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Jeurys Familia

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,366
    vCash
    1500

    Jeurys Familia

    Vote for what the Mets should do with Familia.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    10,497
    vCash
    1500
    No control, was not impressed with him last yr when he was up.


    TATAR SAUCE

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    6,690
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    No control, was not impressed with him last yr when he was up.
    Agreed.


    Minute Rice: Put him in the bullpen, warm him up, and he's ready to serve.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,366
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah his command is horrible but his stuff is so good. I would try and put him in a package

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    5,414
    vCash
    1500

    Jeurys Familia

    If someone asks for him in a package I wouldn't hesitate too much but I would like to see if his control has improved by spring training. He has electric stuff if he can find the plate

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    If someone asks for him in a package I wouldn't hesitate too much but I would like to see if his control has improved by spring training. He has electric stuff if he can find the plate
    I would prefer to keep him as you have stated it correctly, "electric stuff", but if he can bring in SS or needed player as part of a package, then, see ya latter.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,091
    vCash
    1500
    Keep him, then trade him after a good year. I could see him keeping himself under control for a period of time, but in the long-run it'll flare up. So if he does well out of the pen this year sell high.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17
    vCash
    1500
    Sounds like a plan...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1955
    Posts
    26,425
    vCash
    1500
    Too much talent to give up this quickly on the guy.

    If he can't handle the job this year, you move on.

    We'll Leave a Light On For You


    Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    111
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, he's only 24 and keeping him doesn't hurt. If someone was interested though I think he is extremely movable. He's a boom or bust guy in my opinion. His ceiling is long relief, but with stuff like that he could be a nasty setup guy if the command ever comes around.

    I didn't think Mejia's command would come but he looked pretty damn good in 2013. Ya never know.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    10,497
    vCash
    1500
    He has nasty stuff, I'll give him that. Walks are an issue... Every young pitcher deals with command issues. I'm not sure how he did in the DR league, but if he can work on that command he can become a suitable mid relief right hander.


    TATAR SAUCE

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    5,414
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Yeah, he's only 24 and keeping him doesn't hurt. If someone was interested though I think he is extremely movable. He's a boom or bust guy in my opinion. His ceiling is long relief, but with stuff like that he could be a nasty setup guy if the command ever comes around.

    I didn't think Mejia's command would come but he looked pretty damn good in 2013. Ya never know.
    very good point about Mejia. Seems only fair to give this guy another shot to see if his control has improved.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    16,813
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Too much talent to give up this quickly on the guy.

    If he can't handle the job this year, you move on.
    I would give him another year as a reliever no matter how ugly 2014 is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •