Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Derrick Rose doesn't want to go through a rebuild

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1547747

“Derrick is worried that the Bulls are going to lose what they have,” said a league source. “He doesn’t want to go through rebuilding.”
    Thought this was an interesting article. Derrick Rose has made it clear he does not want to go through a rebuild in Chicago and is worried the Bulls are going to clean house this offseason.

Personally, I don't think Derrick Rose has the right to say this since he can't stay healthy and has played 10 games since April 2012 (and during that lockout season he only played 39 / 66 games too). After this season he'll have played a total of 49 of a possible 230 games, which is Greg Oden territory. Now I'm not bashing D. Rose by any means because he's had the worst luck and is still a young player with unbelievable skill and I have no doubt he'll regain all-star form next season, but when you've missed THAT many games can you be so against a rebuild? Essentially the Bulls have to rebuild because of his injuries. Boozer is a liability and Deng has apparently worn out his welcome in Chicago, but this rebuild probably wouldn't be taking place if Derrick Rose could stay on the court.

Thoughts?

vCash
    This is a bulls thread.

vCash
    They don't need to go through a complete rebuild, but Deng most likely won't be there next season, and Boozer will be 33 years old. They do need to make changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post
    This is a bulls thread.
    I'm not a Bulls fan and didn't want just Bulls homers opinions

vCash
    Well WTF else are they going to do while he rebuilds his knee?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Seems inevitable that a few of the guys who were core players will most likely be gone.

And he really can't complain, his injuries are a reason as to why the have to go through a mini-rebuild if not a complete one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahH View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1547747

Thought this was an interesting article. Derrick Rose has made it clear he does not want to go through a rebuild in Chicago and is worried the Bulls are going to clean house this offseason.

Personally, I don't think Derrick Rose has the right to say this since he can't stay healthy and has played 10 games since April 2012 (and during that lockout season he only played 39 / 66 games too). After this season he'll have played a total of 49 of a possible 230 games, which is Greg Oden territory. Now I'm not bashing D. Rose by any means because he's had the worst luck and is still a young player with unbelievable skill and I have no doubt he'll regain all-star form next season, but when you've missed THAT many games can you be so against a rebuild? Essentially the Bulls have to rebuild because of his injuries. Boozer is a liability and Deng has apparently worn out his welcome in Chicago, but this rebuild probably wouldn't be taking place if Derrick Rose could stay on the court.

Thoughts?
    Where is the derrick rose actual quotes?

do people actually believe everything in the media?

vCash
    Lol at it being reported by New York and not Chicago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyvine View Post
    Where is the derrick rose actual quotes?

do people actually believe everything in the media?
    Yes.

vCash
    What player wants to go through a rebuild? But the Bulls needs to make serious decisions after their young star just went through his 2nd major knee surgery.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Why is he even part of the decision any more. People need to wake up and realize when Rose comes back there is a damn good chance he will never be a star again. He wasn't up to par after 18 months. Now he's out another 6-10. Stop banking on a player that may or may not have a future in this league.

Bulls should 100% rebuild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    Lol at it being reported by New York and not Chicago
    I never trust a story written by someone who doesn't live in the same city as the event described

vCash
    I'm not sure Derrick Rose is in the position to complain about the Bulls making moves when they just spent the last 2 years paying for players because they were WAITING for him to get back and are willing to wait ANOTHER year for him...
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    It's unfortunate that he's had two devastating knee injuries within a couple years of each other. But his health is unfortunately the reason to blame if they go into another rebuild. It's not like the other players are staying the same age, and their contracts don't move from where they were before.

Luckily for him, he doesn't have to worry about being Amnestied.He's locked in for a while. What's he going to do; abandon the team which has been extremely patient with him and his injuries? He should just focus on his health before he could comment on matters such as these. A rebuilding team at the start of his recovery might take some pressure off him after all (as he wouldn't be pressured into returning early, or would have to go as hard as he would as if the team was a contender against the other ones.)
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

vCash
    Get rid of Rose and grab someone like Rondo or Melo.. Anyone. Rose is done. Two knee injuries, back to back? Not a coincidence. He relies on his knees and he's never getting them back 100%. Bulls need to rebuild if they want to contend. Noah/Boozer/Deng are falling off the map every year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast