Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Crazy idea.. Sanchez/Smith

Eli manning has been awful this year without an offensive line, an injured Nicks, and an invisible run game. His season might be all the proof I need that my theory is not retarted, lol.

Mark Sanchez had 17 Td's and 13 Ints year 2. Sanchez had 26 Tds and 18 ints in year 3. This is progression, no matter what anybody says. That is not debatable.

This year Geno has shown us promise. He's also looked disgustingly ugly. My issue is...How long are we going to recycle Quarterbacks before we get our heads out of our rears? Here's my theory and proposal.

Why not bring back Geno and Sanchez back, and let them compete again. Spend money on weapons through free agency AND draft, and not be all economical and sign guys that nobody else wants (or guys coming off injuries like Barnes).

WHAT'S THE DOWNSIDE TO THIS? That we figure out the main problem is Geno and Sanchez. Who cares????? ? Now we go into the following year with a stout defense (still) and all the weapons we need (It's covered). Now all we need is a QB that we can look for via FA and draft. This new young QB will have a complete team around him and we will NOTTT wonder if it's the weapons ever again (which is becoming the most annoying problem Iíve ever experienced as a fan). Thoughts?

vCash
    Geno has upside, but desperately needs playmakers around him.

We've seen the best of what MSanchez can be and it is not good enough.

MSanchez will land on his feet elsewhere, and it will probably be what's best for him to do so.

Perhaps reuniting with PCarroll is what's best for him and let him backup RWilson, OR maybe he'll return to Cali and go to the Raiders. Who knows, maybe the Cardinals will come calling him.

One thing is for certain, and that's that MSanchez's time here should be up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Geno has upside, but desperately needs playmakers around him.

We've seen the best of what MSanchez can be and it is not good enough.

MSanchez will land on his feet elsewhere, and it will probably be what's best for him to do so.

Perhaps reuniting with PCarroll is what's best for him and let him backup RWilson, OR maybe he'll return to Cali and go to the Raiders. Who knows, maybe the Cardinals will come calling him.

One thing is for certain, and that's that MSanchez's time here should be up.
    This. My moneys on Green Bay.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    This. My moneys on Green Bay.
    Or Seattle,

I like Sanchez and I think he can be a decent QB in the right system. But as MrX27 said, his time in NY is up. He needs to move on.

vCash
    Sanchez makes way too much money, has not shown that he is a starting caliber NFL QB, and the fans here absolutely hate him. So yes, time for him to move on. Geno has not shown that he is a starting caliber QB, and so the Jets need to draft another QB in the 1st or 2nd round.

vCash
    If Rex and Marty return next year I would be in favor of this idea, but with some restrictions. First Sanchez would have to agree to reduce his salary. Something like 2 million for this year, with performance incentives. Then let Geno and Mark duke it out for the starting job. If Sanchez does not agree then we move on without him. Must add some offensive weapons or neither one of them will succeed. I would sign Macklin@ WR,and the best pass blocking left OG available in FA. That would allow Winters to move to right OG, away from protecting the QBS blind side. Must resign Howard,and probably Cumberland. I would like to see what Sudfield has to offer in the remaining games. Draft a WR with first pick(best available) and possibility a TE with the 2nd.I would also love to sign FS Byrd from Buffalo, and CB Grimes from Miami in free agency. That would allow the Jets to concentrate most of the draft to the offense. That a lot to do ,but they have the whole off season to work with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    If Rex and Marty return next year I would be in favor of this idea, but with some restrictions. First Sanchez would have to agree to reduce his salary. Something like 2 million for this year, with performance incentives. Then let Geno and Mark duke it out for the starting job. If Sanchez does not agree then we move on without him. Must add some offensive weapons or neither one of them will succeed. I would sign Macklin@ WR,and the best pass blocking left OG available in FA. That would allow Winters to move to right OG, away from protecting the QBS blind side. Must resign Howard,and probably Cumberland. I would like to see what Sudfield has to offer in the remaining games. Draft a WR with first pick(best available) and possibility a TE with the 2nd.I would also love to sign FS Byrd from Buffalo, and CB Grimes from Miami in free agency. That would allow the Jets to concentrate most of the draft to the offense. That a lot to do ,but they have the whole off season to work with.
    Grimes is a good ball player but he'll be 31 next season. I like how he plays.
    But I'd think younger as in Sam Shields and Vontae Davis as both would do well in the man-press Rex likes to use...if he's here. It's quite possible a new coach comes in with new DCoord and they run more zone. It's early to speculate so far down the road.
    Byrd wants the Brinks truck to empty all its millions in his garage - he will be very expensive. With all the needs, I wouldn't be in favor of signing someone like him that restricts us from addressing more positions. And we have plenty of needs. It's actually a deep safety FA class so that should drive the price down a bit on that position. I like TJ Ward a lot from Cleveland and Nate Allen from Philly - both 24. I think they would pair well with Allen. Donte Whitner, 28, is also scheduled to be a FA. A little older but not over the hill and he would provide some veteran leadership without being so long-in-the-tooth as Reed.
    You have some good ideas as I agree another guard is in order. I love Asamoah from KC and Shawn Lauvao from Cleveland could be good pickups.

vCash
    This idea is not that ridiculous, and I posed the same idea in a thread.

If we could bring back Mark for $3M. We would not need to worry about that position this offseason. I am not saying teams would fear us, but I think each QB has potential.

One thing is certain - and that is that we dont have weapons at WR, and a shoddy OL. We NEED to focus on that this year, and regardless of what happens at QB the QB will be the benefactor, regardless of if next season, the following, or who is playing the position.

It takes OL and WR a year+ to develop, we need to start that development ASAP.

I think Sanchez could maintain games - it would be interesting to see how the season wouldve played out if he was behind C. As for Geno, I think he can be a good QB, I am giving him a pass this year as any Rookie should get.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Don't count me in on the Sanchez train. I want him out of here. I saw too much of his slumping shoulders and inexplicable throws to remember what he brought to this franchise - embarrassment. I want visions of the butt-fumble game and images of him and Tebow permanently removed from my psyche. Oh no, I'm having flashbacks to the hot-dog eating game in Oakland....oh no, wiping a nose nugget on Brunnell....the sooner he's out of NY, the better. Sorry, I'm not going back.
    And I'd be more than stunned to see a new GM such as Idzik to somehow cling to the remaining ashes of a previous regime (TBaum) to somehow resuscitate old failures that Jet fans suffered through. The Jets future does not include Sanchez. Economically feasible or not, this will NOT happen.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-16-2013 at 01:47 PM.

vCash
    I have been saying this for weeks as to what they SHOULD do, but they won't. Sanchez has almost zero chance of coming back. But I still think the offensive problem is two fold, lack of weapons and Rex Ryan. Brian boy is looking somewhat decent as O-coordnator with Kellen Clemens in charge and not a hell of a lot of weapons. So i think it has to do with Rex also, which is why he should go. I think it just has to do with what he wants the Off. coordinator to do managing game that prevents us from ever opening it up, once we see a few flaws in our QB. Obviously Geno is playing like a scared little girl and staring down his wr's like his life depended on it. He is slightly ahead of Sanchez on who has more chance of being a legit NFL QB but only because of the years in the league. He reminds me of a combination Joe Flacco and David Carr, and the worst of both of those guys. But we should spend all off-season on offensive weapons, with a S, OLB and CB sprinkled in.

vCash
    Sanchez is still the best QB the Jets have under contract. Last season proves this. With fewer weapons than Geno has, Sanchez was not even this bad. If he'd be willing to come back for $2-$3MM in 2014, I'd be for it.

However, Jets fans and the media have already run him out of town. I don't see him being accepted back in a Jets' uniform in 2014.

While I'm not a proponent of media idiots and know it all fans having control over personnel decisions, it's probably a done deal at this point.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Sanchez is still the best QB the Jets have under contract. Last season proves this. With fewer weapons than Geno has, Sanchez was not even this bad. If he'd be willing to come back for $2-$3MM in 2014, I'd be for it.
    What? The weapons we're basically the same give or take (you could make a case at RB). Not a significant drop-off either way.

The biggest difference in offense between last year and this year is that the OL was top 10 last year and dog **** this year.

vCash
    I would be shocked to see Sanchez back with the Jets next season. After everything that has happened here, he should try to start over somewhere else. My guess is that he ends up in Arizona or Seattle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    What? The weapons we're basically the same give or take (you could make a case at RB). Not a significant drop-off either way.

The biggest difference in offense between last year and this year is that the OL was top 10 last year and dog **** this year.
    Last year, only Kerley was on the field for most games. They got so thin at WR that they brought in Braylon to finish the season. The also added 2 new OLine players this year, improved at FB, and replaced Green with Ivory.

The weapons this year still suck, but they're still a bit better than what we had last year. As bad as he was last year, Sanchez was not this bad for such an extended period.

Not saying Sanchez will be back, but this team would have been better this year with him as the QB, and Geno learning on the sidelines.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Last year, only Kerley was on the field for most games. They got so thin at WR that they brought in Braylon to finish the season. The also added 2 new OLine players this year, improved at FB, and replaced Green with Ivory.

The weapons this year still suck, but they're still a bit better than what we had last year. As bad as he was last year, Sanchez was not this bad for such an extended period.

Not saying Sanchez will be back, but this team would have been better this year with him as the QB, and Geno learning on the sidelines.
    The bold I'm inclined to agree with. I just think we didn't get better or worse at WR/TE. We clearly downgraded at both guard spots however. Over time Winters could prove to be an upgrade over Slauson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast