vCash

Portland 20-4 @ Detroit 11-13

at

TV: CSNW, FSD

Sun, Dec 15 6:00 PM EST

vCash
    Break some more records?

vCash
    Wow Lillard is clutch and I mean clutch this team just does not give up and that is one hell of a great attribute to have not to mention playing as a team no one better then the Blazers this year!

vCash
    Glad to see we won!

vCash
    Nice win. This road trip is brutal, I wonder how the Blazers legs will hold up, especially after facing several teams with a strong front-court in a row.

Is Leonard really that bad that he can't get any minutes? I know he was suspended for this game, but having be able to get a few minutes per game would help Lopez stay fresh. Surely Joel Freeland isn't so far ahead that it wouldn't be worth getting him (Leonard) some time.

vCash
    Great win...I will take any kind of win on the road. Heck...I will take any type of win for any game. I'm not picky about wins. Great poise on a night when the other team can say that they played better but we stole that win. Lets rest tomorrow and then go for another back-to-back to close out the trip.

On the topic of Leonard...their are three things keeping him out of the line-up....he can't defend the post, he can't properly recover and switch for off man defense, and he isn't a very good rebounder. Freeland is just better in all three of those aspects. Leonard's only skill appears to be a decent stretch center. But we have LA to stretch the floor...we just don't need Leonard.

In my opinion: I don't think Leonard is going to amount to anything but a third string center and maybe a 2nd string on certain teams. His shooting will continue to grow but he isn't coordinated enough to be a defensive center. He isn't going to all of a sudden become more coordinated. Now we drafted him and we aren't paying him that much so I'm all game for him to stay with us and develop and I hope that I'm wrong about him. It takes 3-5 years for centers to develop. We shall see.
    So Say We All!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Rogers View Post
    Nice win. This road trip is brutal, I wonder how the Blazers legs will hold up, especially after facing several teams with a strong front-court in a row.

Is Leonard really that bad that he can't get any minutes? I know he was suspended for this game, but having be able to get a few minutes per game would help Lopez stay fresh. Surely Joel Freeland isn't so far ahead that it wouldn't be worth getting him (Leonard) some time.
    We played a lot in this OT game but got to rest against the 76ers so overall we should be doing fine. The next two games of this trip are both very winnable.

Leonard has been very inconsistent. It would be great if he would show up more, but for some reason he is confused about how to be a defensive center. He has pretty good flow with jumpshot style offense, so I don't think the problem is his coordination. I think it more comes down to mental barriers. If he relaxes at some point and lets the game come to him then he should be a great player. If not he'll continue to be awkward out there.

vCash
    Leonard try's doing/thinking about to much and as a result he lags and gets lost.