Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

are the knicks trying to clear house?

Knicks Have Interest In Using Shumpert In Package To Move Stoudemire
    Dec 14, 2013 1:45 PM EST

The New York Knicks would prefer to keep Iman Shumpert out of a deal for Kyle Lowry to save him for a future trade.

Shumpert is widely considered the Knicks' most valuable trade asset.

The Knicks are interested in using Shumpert in a package with Amar'e Stoudemire. A deal involving Stoudemire would be difficult as he is owed $23.4 million for the 14-15 season and hasn't been close to his prior All-Star self.
    http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...ove-Stoudemire

Then the felton to the raps rumor and chandler for pau?
    who is a free agent in 2014 to convince melo to stay?

what is the plan ? if it was to clear cap so why did they give jr that deal abd trade for andrea?
    Last edited by 1_team_1_dream; 12-15-2013 at 11:00 AM.

vCash
    When I read the Tyson rumors I thought the same thing. They said they are trying to see if anyone will take JR in a Tyson trade. Than use Shump in a STAT trade. Than I guess we would still have to move Bargs for an expiring before having any cap space this year right?

vCash
    Even if we magically got rid of Tyson AND Amare and didn't take anything back in salary, we still wouldn't have cap space next year.

We would basically have to trade half the team for expirings to have any significant cap space this summer. I highly doubt that's what we're doing.

2015 is the year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    When I read the Tyson rumors I thought the same thing. They said they are trying to see if anyone will take JR in a Tyson trade. Than use Shump in a STAT trade. Than I guess we would still have to move Bargs for an expiring before having any cap space this year right?
    the plan was 2015 all long right? or did melo convince a 2014 free agent to come play with him? why did they trade for brags to begin with ?
    Last edited by 1_team_1_dream; 12-15-2013 at 11:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Even if we magically got rid of Tyson AND Amare and didn't take anything back in salary, we still wouldn't have cap space next year.

We would basically have to trade half the team for expirings to have any significant cap space this summer. I highly doubt that's what we're doing.

2015 is the year...
    Nobody thought Donnie Walsh would unload like 30M salary in a day either. If we can get rid of Tyson and Bargs OR STAT, I think we call Boston is take Wallace and Humphries for the remaining guy - Bargs or STAT. Cut half of that salary for 2014. Would that put us under the cap?

vCash
    We have $91M committed for next year's payroll. The actual estimated salary cap for next year is going to be somewhere around $62M.

In other words, we'd have to clear $29M just to get $1.00 under the cap. To make room for an impact player, we'd probably need to clear an additional $8-10M if we wanted one in FA. If we were trading, we'd only need to get about $4-5M under the cap. We could then send out as much as $12M in salaries and bring back $15M.

2014 guaranteed salaries

Melo - $23.5M
    Amare - $23.4M
    Chandler - $14.6M
    Bargs - $12.0M
    Smith - $6.4M
    Felton - $4.54M
    Shumpert - $2.76M

So, to get to the following salary levels...

$62M -- $29M, or Amare + $5.6M
    $57M -- $34M, or Amare + $10.6M
    $52M -- $39M, or Amare + $21.6M

That's all assuming we took back ZERO salary back... which of course won't happen. To get rid of Amare we'd most likely need to take on some bad contracts unless we're planning on giving up some serious sweeteners like Shump, THJr and our 2018 pick.

Our cap is just really, really screwed up...
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    I think we should just look at the facts!

Teams are calling us. Why? Because we have talented players that other teams want. They see us struggling and are trying to take advantage of our struggles to get us to part with our talent.

They're trying to get a Gucci watch at 75% discount and telling you it's probably a fake anyway.

Knicks are not trying to clear house, they are simply listening to offers and engaging in talks about potential improvements to the team, which is what you would expect a struggling team to do.

JR blowing up at Woodson is probably the best thing that could happen to us, because it means Woodsy will coach with a clear head and not blind favoritism. We'll get more wins and people will get confident and the chemistry will build. And if Woody gets everything clicking by the end of the year, then we will be a damned good contender.

vCash
    Max Luckan ‏@MaxLuckan 15m

Any deal between the Lakers and Knicks, however, would likely have to involve J.R. Smith and his hefty contract.
    Last edited by 1_team_1_dream; 12-15-2013 at 11:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_team_1_dream View Post
    Knicks Have Interest In Using Shumpert In Package To Move Stoudemire
    Dec 14, 2013 1:45 PM EST

The New York Knicks would prefer to keep Iman Shumpert out of a deal for Kyle Lowry to save him for a future trade.

Shumpert is widely considered the Knicks' most valuable trade asset.

The Knicks are interested in using Shumpert in a package with Amar'e Stoudemire. A deal involving Stoudemire would be difficult as he is owed $23.4 million for the 14-15 season and hasn't been close to his prior All-Star self.
    http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...ove-Stoudemire

Then the felton to the raps rumor and chandler for pau?
    who is a free agent in 2014 to convince melo to stay?

what is the plan ? if it was to clear cap so why did they give jr that deal abd trade for andrea?
    I don't think they predicted us to be 6-16. Plans usually change when that type of **** happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_team_1_dream View Post
    because they fired the ****ing gm in september

vCash
    trade everyone get picks and some young shooters and then get wiggins

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    because they fired the ****ing gm in september
    the GM that got fired is responsible for all of this...the new GM has yet to make a single move..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    We have $91M committed for next year's payroll. The actual estimated salary cap for next year is going to be somewhere around $62M.

In other words, we'd have to clear $29M just to get $1.00 under the cap. To make room for an impact player, we'd probably need to clear an additional $8-10M if we wanted one in FA. If we were trading, we'd only need to get about $4-5M under the cap. We could then send out as much as $12M in salaries and bring back $15M.

2014 guaranteed salaries

Melo - $23.5M
    Amare - $23.4M
    Chandler - $14.6M
    Bargs - $12.0M
    Smith - $6.4M
    Felton - $4.54M
    Shumpert - $2.76M

So, to get to the following salary levels...

$62M -- $29M, or Amare + $5.6M
    $57M -- $34M, or Amare + $10.6M
    $52M -- $39M, or Amare + $21.6M

That's all assuming we took back ZERO salary back... which of course won't happen. To get rid of Amare we'd most likely need to take on some bad contracts unless we're planning on giving up some serious sweeteners like Shump, THJr and our 2018 pick.

Our cap is just really, really screwed up...
    We can have space this coming summer depending on what we give away now.

If Lakers send back Gasol ..... we have made big progress. STAT plus Shumpert.

If we can move Chandler ...... let us see what comes back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonloc View Post
    trade everyone get picks and some young shooters and then get wiggins
    with what lotto pick
    shots fired?

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast