Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do we really need to tank?

Let's say we do trade lowry and we get a pick from it. This team might still not be bad enough especially with the state of the Eastern conference.

Could we possibly make the playoffs, and with the picks we do have still trade up into the draft? what are the chances of that happening?

We aren't one of the worst teams in the league I don't think anyways. So what other alternatives are there to improve the team yet rebuild it. Would you guys be mad if somehow MU didn't tank but was still able to acquire young talent?

Or is everyone too fixated on getting Wiggins.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Looking at the Warriors and Pacers as two team that look like they have a bright future. Neither of these teams even had a top 5 pick in recent years.

vCash
    I dont think you need to tank really, but Masai can't start making moves based on the short term outcome. Making the playoffs this year shouldn't be a priority, but we shouldn't be upset if they do. Just so long as the ship is going in the right direction and the team continues to make longterm improvements.

vCash
    Masai is doing it right. Keep acquiring future firsts & draft well.

Continue to develop & progress towards a winning culture. (Improve FA perception to open the market)

Let other teams tank/lose for your gain.

vCash
    What worries(*) me is that Masai has been extremely clear about the fact that we won't be stuck in the middle this year. Considering that I can't see how any moves he makes this year could possible make us a contender, that only means that he means to tank.

(*) The reason is worries me is that as we continue to win games, he'll need to react and make this team worse and worse... which could lead to him selling some good pieces for little or nothing, just to make us worse this year. And, I'm not sure that's the right way to go about this rebuild...

vCash
    The benfit of players learning how to play and getting used to playing in a ball movement system plus the development of the young players is the first step and is extremely valuable. A move or two can be made to drop them in the standings without hurting the ball movement or development.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    we wont get wiggins. so no we dont need too. if we can make the playoffs while getting Ross and Val to improve then whats the harm in that? not to mention the fact that Amir and Demar have been playing superb recently
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    trading up is probably unlikely in this draft unless some hidden gem falls. Like I said, it'll be hard to out-tank the east but I think people should be patient. Over time, teams that are still trying (like NYK, Brooklyn, Washington, and maybe Chicago and Cleveland) should be better than us if we trade Lowry. Only teams you can say are definitively tanking are Orlando, Philly, Milwaukee, Utah (Sac seems to be out of the tankapolooza by trading for Gay). We can easily be that 5th team with a couple of trades. People are overreacting too much it's still early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    we wont get wiggins. so no we dont need too. if we can make the playoffs while getting Ross and Val to improve then whats the harm in that? not to mention the fact that Amir and Demar have been playing superb recently
    Its not so much getting Wiggins, the Raps still need an elite type of player to go with this team to move up to a higher level. And they have to find a way to get that player, a high draft pick has the best odds of that. As of right now youth development and getting used to a team system is a good start though.

vCash
    Its too bad the relationship between kyle and the team is spoiled. I'd rather trade demar than him and I think it would hurt the team more to lose its only big scorer.

vCash
    Raptors need at least one elite player from the top 7 of this 2014 draft if the want to be legitimate contenders in the future, which si why we need to tank
    Sig Bet with Chill_Will_24. The Raptors WILL beat the Nets in the 2014 1st Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. Loser deletes account.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post

As for your lol sig bet I said I'm down bro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Its too bad the relationship between kyle and the team is spoiled. I'd rather trade demar than him and I think it would hurt the team more to lose its only big scorer.
    Why trade demar lol, his gradual improvement each year and is overall play this year is enough to warrant that extension, if not it being a pretty good deal.

If anything, I think losing lowry out of anyone on the team would hurt the team the most since it wont have an good pg for the team since vasquez just got to the team, and buycks/stone are 3rd options

vCash
    Kyle will be gone by trade deadline.. it is a waste to have him complete this season since I'm sure as hell he isn't going to resign here.
    \

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    Kyle will be gone by trade deadline.. it is a waste to have him complete this season since I'm sure as hell he isn't going to resign here.
    Yea, he probably doesn't resign here. No point of keeping him. Trading him will probably send this team to some losses. He's the heart and soul of this team this season.

vCash
    Well if you want to build a championship team, tanking is the best place to start considering the circumstances.

Not necessarily for #1 but a top 5 pick will probably get us a player who's potential, if achieved, is better than anyone we have on this roster, except MAYBE Jonas.

It's a risk you have to take if you don't want to be a team like say the Hawks who have just been eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round the past 5 years or so.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast