Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: DRose concerned with team rebuild, doesn't want to partake

"Derrick Rose has real concerns these days, but those have nothing to do with returning from his latest round of major knee surgery. Rather, his concerns center on his team’s future makeup.

Rose has told several confidantes that he is worried that the Bulls will start to let the team hit the skids by allowing key players to leave via free agency, forcing him to go through a rebuilding program that he wants no part of.

“Derrick is worried that the Bulls are going to lose what they have,” said a league source. “He doesn’t want to go through rebuilding.”

But that could be exactly how the Bulls treat this latest setback involving their franchise player, who had season-ending knee surgery on Nov. 25. Chicago is not expected to meet Luol Deng’s salary demands next summer when he becomes a free agent. Carlos Boozer has one more season to go on his contract and the Bulls aren’t expected to bring him back. How they would proceed if those major losses really do happen is anyone’s guess. But when you see how the Bulls have let key bench players like Kyle Korver, Marco Belinelli and Nate Robinson walk in recent offseasons, and not have replaced them with equal talent, Rose has every right to be worried about the direction of his team."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1547747

My .02 cents

Hmm... Just read this. It could be all speculation but I have been saying this for 3 years. If Derrick comes back from injury and regains his form but still has no help he could very well pull a LeBron. I wouldn't blame him one bit. If he comes back a lesser player I would blame him even less. The greats want to win and if the FO isn't getting him the adequate help (especially since he's proven to be an injury liability these last few years) to get him to the promised land he should leave. I love this city and I'd hate to see him go but I would totally understand.
    Last edited by kingbrentg; 12-15-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: links plz

vCash
    I don't believe this story because it came out of New York and not Chicago.

Second, one of the reasons we are rebuilding is because of Derrick himself, it's not his fault but he is the reason with his injuries. If he doesn't want to be part of the rebuild, then he can leave IMO. But again this is just speculation.

vCash
    Rose can't "pull a LeBron" for the following reasons:

1) He's not nearly as good.

2) He is 99% the reason for ALL of these concerns, because he can't stay healthy.

3) He hasn't even seen what WILL be around him. Deng may go, but what if Mirotic comes in and is awesome? What if we get a top 10 pick that is awesome? Etc, etc, etc.

4) Oh, we could also use money we save to get *gasp* NEW PLAYERS TO REPLACE THE ONES THAT ARE GONE.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Its one thing if Rose is simply voicing his concerns, its another if he's purposely propagating his discontent indirectly. The former is understandable, the latter is inexcusable. Doesn't really make sense for him to make a scene though after the plethora of injuries this team has gone through the last 3-4 seasons.

All that said, we better ****ing rebuild. We can very realistically have 3 or 4 first rounders if we play our cards right. Throw Mirotic on top of that, and we could still be "borderline elite" vs. "rebuilding" next season. This draft is way too big of an opportunity for us to pass it up.
    Last edited by smiddy012; 12-15-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

vCash
    I don't buy this, but if it were true Rose doesn't have a leg to stand on (no pun intended). Rose is not the kind of player you can just plan to build around anymore. Add to that even more players with injury problems and the fact that even when healthy the core of this team did not win a chip the FO has to change things up. I don't think they will dump every key player, but to think we go forward with this core again after this year and expect different results yet again is stupid. Until Rose not only stays healthy but shows his old MVP form he is in no position to comment on what the team does to improve. And they will not just blow the team up and rebuild. They will try and change key pieces but build to win now.

vCash
    Like doogs said, Rose is doing nothing to help the situation on the court. This will be the 3rd postseason in a row he's going to miss. Think about that. It's obviously not his fault and he's working hard to get back to form and bust his *** for us, but to expect the organization to just stay stagnant literally for years until he can maybe come back and contribute is insane. Regardless, I'm not convinced this report is true anyway.

vCash
    Dont believe it personally. But he's signed so good or bad he's here till his contract up. Till we see him play at the all star level I personally don't care what he feels. I want what's best for the bulls if that's rebuilding oh well to your feelings rose if this is true.

vCash
    it sounds like Rose doesn't want certain players to go to me at least. I doubt Bulls care too much if boozer is gone cuz Mirotic is coming over but for whatever reason it seems that if Deng is gone that will affect the bulls players/coaching staff a lot hence why I still think Bulls will resign Deng during the offseason (I think that is where they can offer a full 4-5 year contract rather than the 3 years during the season hence why nothing will get done in terms of signing by all star break imo). But as many of you have mentioned, it is a NY based article and not Chicago so I'll take it with a grain of salt as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Rose can't "pull a LeBron" for the following reasons:

1) He's not nearly as good.

2) He is 99% the reason for ALL of these concerns, because he can't stay healthy.

3) He hasn't even seen what WILL be around him. Deng may go, but what if Mirotic comes in and is awesome? What if we get a top 10 pick that is awesome? Etc, etc, etc.

4) Oh, we could also use money we save to get *gasp* NEW PLAYERS TO REPLACE THE ONES THAT ARE GONE.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    it sounds like Rose doesn't want certain players to go to me at least.
    That certain player is probably only Deng

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballerkingn2 View Post
    Dont believe it personally. But he's signed so good or bad he's here till his contract up. Till we see him play at the all star level I personally don't care what he feels. I want what's best for the bulls if that's rebuilding oh well to your feelings rose if this is true.
    Pretty much this. I just think he wants to ween. It would be like if you were the star player on the Bulls and the team is on the cusp of reshuffling the deck. Would you be concerned? Of course. Would you necessarily be looking forward to a rebuild that potentially could be inferior to your past teams? I wouldn't. That's really all that this story is telling which is the most obvious of things. Derrick doesn't want to go through a rebuild. A rebuild implies not championship ready. So Derrick thinks that sucks. The end. He's still under contract and if we do go down that road, the team could still be just as competitive if not better especially down the road. It's the price you pay when your core can't stay healthy at the same time for multiple years. Especially your star player having 2 consecutive knee injuries that knocked him out 2 straight seasons. I feel for Derrick about his injuries, but like you said, I don't really care how he feels about what's best for building a team. Let management do their thing and stay healthy enough to give them a proper gauge in which to work with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz53 View Post
    Like doogs said, Rose is doing nothing to help the situation on the court. This will be the 3rd postseason in a row he's going to miss. Think about that. It's obviously not his fault and he's working hard to get back to form and bust his *** for us, but to expect the organization to just stay stagnant literally for years until he can maybe come back and contribute is insane. Regardless, I'm not convinced this report is true anyway.
    Yeah, all of this. Plus NY Daily News and "a league source" is always rock solid.

vCash
    This is so BS.

vCash
    Story could be true, could be false also. Anyways, If Rose gets healthy and stays healthy I'd like him to be our second best player...even if he gets back to his MVP form. I think he is awesome but he plays to wild to be my #1.

vCash
    I don't think too wild is an accurate depiction of Derrick. He's never been wild before, he's not erratic with the ball. He was playing like that through 10 games this year, but so what? He very well could no longer be the best player on a championship team, but that would be due to his health more than him being wild imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by _____ View Post
    Story could be true, could be false also. Anyways, If Rose gets healthy and stays healthy I'd like him to be our second best player...even if he gets back to his MVP form. I think he is awesome but he plays to wild to be my #1.
    Wtf did I just read?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast