Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers Interested in Chandler + Shumpert?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-iman-shumpert

Los Angeles Lakers superstar shooting guard Kobe Bryant just returned to action, but that hasn't stopped the team from inquiring about other backcourt players.

The Lakers recently called the Knicks to express their interest in Iman Shumpert, acccording to sources close to the situation.

[+] EnlargeIman Shumpert
    Al Bello/Getty ImagesThe Lakers are one of several teams to check in on Knicks shooting guard Iman Shumpert, sources said.

No trade is imminent, and sources say the Lakers' call was more about doing their due diligence; it's well-known Shumpert is available. The Lakers are unlikely to make a deal before the end of their current four-game road trip, which concludes Tuesday night in Memphis.

But with Steve Blake, who is expected to miss at least six weeks with an elbow injury, joining point guards Steve Nash and Jordan Farmar on the injured list, the Lakers could be interested in strengthening their backcourt.

Shumpert is more of a shooting guard, but with Bryant taking on more of a playmaking role -- he is averaging a career-high 6.7 assists while attempting fewer than nine shots a game -- since returning from a torn Achilles tendon last Sunday, it's easy to see the two playing together.

Shumpert is struggling through a disappointing season, and the Knicks have discussed trades involving him with several other teams, including the Denver Nuggets and Toronto Raptors.

Sources say the Lakers are also interested in another Knicks player -- center Tyson Chandler. The Lakers did not inquire about Chandler when they called about Shumpert, but they are weighing whether to propose a Pau Gasol-for-Chandler trade, according to sources.

The Knicks are not looking to move Chandler -- several teams have contacted them about him, sources said -- but if a club agreed to take back struggling guard J.R. Smith, the Knicks would consider such a deal.

With Smith signing a three-year, $18 million contract last summer, the Lakers aren't likely to be interested in him.
    I don't even know why I posted this... Broussard is the source lol

vCash
    Aaaaah Lakers shouldn't take on players with additional years on their contracts. Focus on free agency who cares if we suck this year.

vCash
    Broussard is all you need to know about this.

vCash
    I would trade Kaman for Shumpert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    Broussard is all you need to know about this.
    Yeah, don't know why I wasted my time

vCash
    If we could get Tyson Chandler I'd do it in a heartbeat

vCash
    Lol I can't imagine JR Smith and Nick Young together

vCash
    Eh. Wesley Johnson replica.

Solid defender, hops, and an inconsistent jumper.

vCash
    nothing is imminent

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    id take chandler for gasol even if we had to take back jr smith. just get him the heck outta here. its not like were getting any good free agents this offseason any way. at 6 million a year you could trade his expiring 2016 contract in 2015.

vCash
    you know. we can sign players that are not max contract players you know. we might get some good talent at more positions that way

vCash
    Shumpert would be a good young talent for us... Chandler... Well he can't be worse than pau, even if he was injured.

vCash
    bargnani-gasol front court..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoh View Post
    bargnani-gasol front court..
    LOL Now I see why the Knicks won't do it

vCash
    But get Chandler in here, and from here on out, Kobe needs to be the only slow player on the team...everyone else gotta have young legs and be running and jumping

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast