Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers Contact Knicks About Iman Shumpert

Los Angeles Lakers superstar shooting guard Kobe Bryant just returned to action, but that hasn't stopped the team from inquiring about other backcourt players.

The Lakers recently called the Knicks to express their interest in Iman Shumpert, acccording to sources close to the situation.The Lakers are one of several teams to check in on Knicks shooting guard Iman Shumpert, sources said.

No trade is imminent, and sources say the Lakers' call was more about doing their due diligence; it's well-known Shumpert is available. The Lakers are unlikely to make a deal before the end of their current four-game road trip, which concludes Tuesday night in Memphis.

But with Steve Blake, who is expected to miss at least six weeks with an elbow injury, joining point guards Steve Nash and Jordan Farmar on the injured list, the Lakers could be interested in strengthening their backcourt.

Shumpert is more of a shooting guard, but with Bryant taking on more of a playmaking role -- he is averaging a career-high 6.7 assists while attempting fewer than nine shots a game -- since returning from a torn Achilles tendon last Sunday, it's easy to see the two playing together.

Shumpert is struggling through a disappointing season, and the Knicks have discussed trades involving him with several other teams, including the Denver Nuggets and Toronto Raptors.

Sources say the Lakers are also interested in another Knicks player -- center Tyson Chandler. The Lakers did not inquire about Chandler when they called about Shumpert, but they are weighing whether to propose a Pau Gasol-for-Chandler trade, according to sources.

The Knicks are not looking to move Chandler -- several teams have contacted them about him, sources said -- but if a club agreed to take back struggling guard J.R. Smith, the Knicks would consider such a deal.

With Smith signing a three-year, $18 million contract last summer, the Lakers aren't likely to be interested in him.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-iman-shumpert
    Future Ace

vCash
    Ok and? So did 16 other teams but its news because it was the lakers???

vCash

I want nobody on the lakers

vCash

Heard they asked about Tyson too

vCash
    It sounds to me like melo is going to LA and he wants to bring Tyson, jr, and shump along with him.
    Good luck with that!
    I would never trade Tyson for pau.

vCash
    Here we go....speculating. ...speculation. ...speculated. ...speculative. ....ect ..ect...ect..
    I mean....didnt we just do this with the lowry thread?
    i bet this "so caled "phone call was like in October and
    because of our record and how the knicks are always under the microscope whether good or bad its just leaking and leaking and leaking.....
    if we were 15 games over 500 i bet you wouldnt hear any of these rumors..

vCash
    Imbecoming more and more inclined to think Melo will be a Laker
    Sig Bet with Chill_Will_24. The Raptors WILL beat the Nets in the 2014 1st Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. Loser deletes account.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post

As for your lol sig bet I said I'm down bro

vCash
    Let's say the Knicks and lakers worked out a trade... Something like gasol for shump and chandler IMO it's a win for each team.
    The Knicks get free agent flexibility with gasol off the books and with the lakers taking on longer contracts it almost takes them out of the consideration of melo going to the lakers,therefore making him more likely to stay in NY. Thoughts??

vCash
    just no. with all the trades we called crazy, one with the lakers would be pure stupidity. they have nothing of value, unless they plan to trade kobe and pau for amare shump and jr lol. i don't even think their interest is news worthy.
    Don't mind the boo's, mind the pockets.

vCash
    Sources say the Lakers are also interested in another Knicks player -- center Tyson Chandler. The Lakers did not inquire about Chandler when they called about Shumpert, but they are weighing whether to propose a Pau Gasol-for-Chandler trade, according to sources.

The Knicks are not looking to move Chandler -- several teams have contacted them about him, sources said -- but if a club agreed to take back struggling guard J.R. Smith, the Knicks would consider such a deal.
    Ship that basket case out of here. Terrible move by Glenny Grunfail giving him that contract. I want that contract off the books.

Chandler and Smith for Gasol and two first round picks...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Ship that basket case out of here. Terrible move by Glenny Grunfail giving him that contract. I want that contract off the books.

Chandler and Smith for Gasol and two first round picks...
    Wow, I'd trade Chandler and Smith for Gasol -- STRAIGHT up in a heartbeat. Wouldn't even think twice. We just cleared $20 million off the 2014 books just like that.

But the main thing would be getting JR off our team and acquiring a C who can actually score the ball.

vCash
    Whatever the case, I hope the Knicks start making moves soon before it's too late.

They should look at dealing most of the team except for Melo and Tim Hardaway Jr. (unless Tim is for a star like Rondo).

It's time to start looking at the 2015 season forward. We still have about $13 million in salary from Prigs, Smith, Felton and TH Jr. that year.

We need to get that down to the just $2 million from Tim. Add the $23 million from Melo after an extension and we'll have $36 million in cap room if we have nobody else on the roster. That might be enough for two maxes in terms of Love and Rondo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deem_NY View Post
    Heard they asked about Tyson too
    they want both Shump + Tyson. IDK why we would want this. But IDK what the Knicks mgmt's goals are anymore.
    shots fired?

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Get the **** out of here. La has nothing for chandler. 2014 first is all I'm interested in and not for Tyson
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    It has to be amare & shumpert for gasol.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast