Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Glad Woodson is starting to "figure things out"

Although, I don't think it is so much Woodson's call as the players adjusting, especially Melo holding the ball and calling for it in ISO much less.

Woodson f'd up the SG spot by basically awarding it to JR before he even played a single minute. Then committing minutes to him, especially in crunch time, even when he was struggling severely. Never pulling him for poor performances until the last couple of games.

Woodson should have allowed JR to play small minutes off the bench and ease his way back into the rotation. Let JR show that he was back and 100%. I think by committing to JR as the starter in preseason (because that's what he seemed intent on doing) it was bad for Woodson, bad for JR, bad for Iman and ultimately very bad for the team.

Hopefully Woodson will continue to cut JR's minutes if he is not performing and that lights a fire under JR to return to the form he had last year.

Better late than never, I guess.

vCash
    Huh??? It was the hawks....what was there to figure out? It was one game that looked like all the rest of our last 16 games...all i saw was a win..and a hawks team that just didnt shoot the ball well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Although, I don't think it is so much Woodson's call as the players adjusting, especially Melo holding the ball and calling for it in ISO much less.

Woodson f'd up the SG spot by basically awarding it to JR before he even played a single minute. Then committing minutes to him, especially in crunch time, even when he was struggling severely. Never pulling him for poor performances until the last couple of games.

Woodson should have allowed JR to play small minutes off the bench and ease his way back into the rotation. Let JR show that he was back and 100%. I think by committing to JR as the starter in preseason (because that's what he seemed intent on doing) it was bad for Woodson, bad for JR, bad for Iman and ultimately very bad for the team.

Hopefully Woodson will continue to cut JR's minutes if he is not performing and that lights a fire under JR to return to the form he had last year.

J.R. was only finally benched for poor play because he disrespected Woodson from the sidelines and tanked against Boston.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1548120

But I agree with you, better late than never. Who would have ever figured that conflict would be a blessing in disguise?

vCash
    So Kyle Kroger didn't shoot the ball well?
    And Teague didn't get to the rim at will and make buckets ?
    You must have been watching a different game.
    This was a good game and the knicks were able to come together and play as one and take the W.
    Atl battled hard but the knicks just wanted it more and it showed.
    So don't say that the hawks weren't making baskets because they were.
    I should know, I was there.
    The knicks won because of melo scoring 35 and at the same time sharing the ball.
    Timmy was huge for us with some big 3's.
    And bargs played well also .
    Kroger was lighting it up from down town until shump came in and shut him down.
    So overall this was a good win and they played hard!
    We didn't win because atl played poorly, we won because we played better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seizabmc View Post
    So Kyle Kroger didn't shoot the ball well?
    And Teague didn't get to the rim at will and make buckets ?
    You must have been watching a different game.
    This was a good game and the knicks were able to come together and play as one and take the W.
    Atl battled hard but the knicks just wanted it more and it showed.
    The knicks won because of melo scoring 35 and at the same time sharing the ball.
    Timmy was huge for us with some big 3's.
    And bargs played well also .
    Kroger was lighting it up from down town until shump came in and shut him down.
    So overall this was a good win and they played hard!
    We didn't win because atl played poorly, we won because we played better.
    Ummmmmmm....thank you!!! And it was one win against the hawks at that...and...it was the same ol game plan ..it only looks difrent because of the players we have to play because of injuries. ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seizabmc View Post
    What??? Did you see some baskets made in Philips Arena that they didn't show on television?

vCash
    ^Korver made a few threes , but Teague was on lock down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Huh??? It was the hawks....what was there to figure out? It was one game that looked like all the rest of our last 16 games...all i saw was a win..and a hawks team that just didnt shoot the ball well.

Ummm the hawks shot 60% from the field. Wtf

vCash
    hawks had 27 TO's. We let them shoot 60%, this was not how you win a game, this was lucky.

vCash
    its obvious that coach woodson is only going to go but so far with his coaching style. he is a good coach.. but not championship caliber yet. once woodson learns how to play less iso , finds a conventional line up. trusts his players. Its something about woodson that seems to not bring out the best in players. I don't like how he dishes out minutes. but im going to keep my mouth shut. woodson seems to not know how to use the team properly. what is practice for. do we have all a.i syndrome. trade woodson before shump and hardaway. I see that as an all star guard duo in two years if hardaway is allowed to develop at the pg spot....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    hawks had 27 TO's. We let them shoot 60%, this was not how you win a game, this was lucky.

sad ain't it.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    I'm sorry people, but 27 TOs is not an accident, that is good attacking defense.

That was part of our winning formula last season, force more turnovers and get more possessions than the opponent, shoot and make more threes, etc.

vCash
    Some of it was good defense, but some of it was just sloppy *** basketball. I would say we forced 20 of their 27 turnovers, which is pretty damn good. But Korver was open from three way too many times. How hard is it to just stick someone athletic on him and tell him not to leave no matter what? We are lucky he was brick city in the first half other wise we lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan213 View Post
    Some of it was good defense, but some of it was just sloppy *** basketball. I would say we forced 20 of their 27 turnovers, which is pretty damn good. But Korver was open from three way too many times. How hard is it to just stick someone athletic on him and tell him not to leave no matter what? We are lucky he was brick city in the first half other wise we lose.
    Korver can actually move and they run him around a ton of screens. Its not like guarding Novak out there. He has dropped 3s on like 100+ straight teams.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post

Does this mean you will actually post about something else now?
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast