Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Titans Offseason News/Rumors

Please Post Draft Related, Signings, and all offseason talk in here.
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Im hearing Kubiak could be a possible replacement for Munch, Thoughts?

vCash
    Not quite offseason news for you guys but

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 4h
    The #Titans are adding QB Tyler Wilson, most recently with the Raiders, to their 53-man roster. Wilson played at Arkansas

Im sure he was signed so he could go to the offseason for you guys. I liked him. Has talent just needed to sit behind and learn. Raiders had to put someone on the field so he went to practice squad. Maybe he could do something for you guys next season.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post

The #Titans are adding QB Tyler Wilson, most recently with the Raiders, to their 53-man roster. Wilson played at Arkansas

Im sure he was signed so he could go to the offseason for you guys. I liked him. Has talent just needed to sit behind and learn. Raiders had to put someone on the field so he went to practice squad. Maybe he could do something for you guys next season.
    As of now barring injuries Titans depth for QB is this

1. Locker
    2. Fitzpatrick
    3. Skelton
    4. Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post

More than a few scout and experts considered Wilson among the best quarterbacks to come out when he did so this is obviously a solid find just on terms of talent. However, considering the raiders spent a 4th round pick on him and dumped him his rookie season, I don't know just how he can fare with the mental aspect of the game. All in all I like the move because he certainly has more potential/room for growth than Skelton ( who was cut today)

vCash
    Tyler Wilson is an upgrade over Rusty Smith. I like the signing. The kid was really good in college, and we have nothing to lose by bringing him in.

vCash
    I would be happy with Kubiak, as long as we can keep Greq Williams on our Staff. Our Defense made huge improvements this year. If we add Kubiak we need to get a QB that can slang the ball like Jay Cutler.

vCash
    As someone who has watched Gary Kubiak very closely the last few years here in Houston, I do NOT want him as the coach of the Titans. He's a good character guy, and his offenses have been prolific in the past, but I do not trust his playcalling anymore and he tends to fall in love with mediocre players and give them the benefit of the doubt. The Texans' downfall this season was Kubiak's failure to recognize Schaub's deficiencies as a QB earlier in his career. If he had done that, the Texans could have made a legitimate run at Manning or drafted a QB years ago to be Schaub's successor. Instead, Schaub's mediocrity finally caught up to him and it killed their season.

I like the pickup of Tyler Wilson, but I doubt very seriously that it will amount to anything. There was a time where I really liked him at Arkansas, but that team really underacheived at times, and his stock took a major hit his last season there. The Titans need to make a far more serious investment at the QB position in the offseason than that. I'm hoping for no later than a second round draft pick to be used on a quarterback.

vCash
    like to see titans trade 1 st round draft pick to an 5th round pick to Cleveland Browns, an get Cleveland Browns 2 round pick an both 4th round picks.
    get in draft:
    2 round OT Antonio Richardson Tennessee
    2 round WR Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt
    4 round QB Aaron Murray Georgia
    4 round RB Charles Sims West Virginia
    6 round CB Deion Belue Alabama
    7 round C James Stone Tennessee
    an tire before you release jake locker an next year 6 round pick trade to Tampa Bay Buccaneers four 2014 5 round draft pick get QB Stephen Morris Miami (Fla.) or DT Anthony Johnson LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinschamps View Post
    like to see titans trade 1 st round draft pick to an 5th round pick to Cleveland Browns, an get Cleveland Browns 2 round pick an both 4th round picks.
    get in draft:
    2 round OT Antonio Richardson Tennessee
    2 round WR Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt
    4 round QB Aaron Murray Georgia
    4 round RB Charles Sims West Virginia
    6 round CB Deion Belue Alabama
    7 round C James Stone Tennessee
    an tire before you release jake locker an next year 6 round pick trade to Tampa Bay Buccaneers four 2014 5 round draft pick get QB Stephen Morris Miami (Fla.) or DT Anthony Johnson LSU
    Wait.... So the Titans would trade a 1/5 for 2/4/4? That's an AWFUL deal for the Titans, especially considering they're picking 11th! I'd much rather them just stay pat and draft with the picks they have than to trade that far back for a couple of fourth rounders. That makes literally zero sense. If they trade out of the first round, they better get at least two seconds, a second and a third or a future first rounder.

vCash
    2014 Opponents

Divison Games against HOU, JAX, IND
    AFC North- PIT, CIN, CLE, BAL
    NFC East- DAL, WSH, NYG, PHI
    Kansas City Cheifs, New York Jets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    2014 Opponents

Divison Games against HOU, JAX, IND
    AFC North- PIT, CIN, CLE, BAL
    NFC East- DAL, WSH, NYG, PHI
    Kansas City Cheifs, New York Jets
    That's a very nice schedule at first glance, although I could see a few of those teams rebounding from this season, especially in the NFC East. Regardless, it doesn't matter the teams the Titans play. If they don't fix the QB situation and win more close games in 2014, they'll be in exactly the same situation a year from now.

vCash
    Mike Munchaks job situation will be decided on Friday at the latest

vCash
    Munchak is returning to the Titans next season -Jim Wyatt

vCash
    Geesh this franchise seems to love mediocrity. Hope they keep CJ and pick up Lockers big money option for next year.
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast