Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cool I love Amare's aggression now, but his knees won't last because of it

Truthfreesyou hates to return after such a long time with bad news, but I have to guarantee that Stat will not stay healthy for a month at this high level, lots of minutes, aggressive, old-Stat-like play. He has to be less aggressive, play less minutes, to not get hurt. And everybody knows it. I appreciate his effort, but I think he also knows he won't last this way.

But the second part of this is that he'll have gone out looking good, with good solid play, and retire after this season, which will help the Knicks and he'll still get paid, so everyone will end happy.

And please don't think i'm questioning his heart. I'm just doing what I do.... I'm bound by my name,

And I hope I'm wrong!

-Tfy
    Last edited by TruthFreesYou; 12-14-2013 at 09:20 PM.

vCash
    STAT is a guy who needs to be in rhythm, when he is out of rhythm he is one of the worst players in the league. He's not a spot minutes role player and he will never thrive as one. Give him his 20-25 mins, feed him the ball when he is in there, or your going to get 10-15 minutes of the ugliest basketball one can witness and a huge net negative. We can't run him into the ground with 35 mins and 20 FGAs but we can't throw him out there in 2 minute spurts for 8 mins either.

vCash
    last season he was playing great, and woody played him 37 mins. it was announced the next day he needed surgery and missed the rest of the season until the Pacers series. I assume that yes, Amare will reinjure himself soon.

vCash
    I think its reckless of Woodson playing him so much all of a sudden. Technically, he's just trying to save his job a the expense of Amare's health.

Amare needs to have 2 restrictions:
    1 - No back to backs (3 games max a week)
    2 - 20 minutes a game (25-30 minutes in 1 game per week)

That is how you save him up for the playoffs. In the playoffs he'll be able to play Amare 25-30 a game.

If you want continuity for him, give him 10 minutes STRAIGHT in the 1st half and then 10 minutes straight in the 2nd half.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Amare will need another micro knee surgery in a couple of weeks. I'm reporting it early!

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Amare will need another micro knee surgery in a couple of weeks. I'm reporting it early!
    days!! no, i'm kidding, and like I said before, I hope we're wrong!
    -tfy
    Last edited by TruthFreesYou; 12-14-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: typo

vCash
    Well, Woody only played him 7 minutes tonight and Stat played well. So we'll see eh?

vCash
    This is the obvious elephant in the room. We just need to cross our fingers and hope for the best.

vCash
    Even if he gets hurt, it was nice to see him out there playing his game.. Its been a while, STAT.

vCash
    Amare looks better than last year (physically). The problem with Amare is that he has that enthusiasm and he wants to go 100% all the time. That is where Woodson has to pull him back a little and say enough is enough.

Amare did say that his feels much better than last season. And considering that the first knee that he had the debridement on is still strong, it is a good sign that he may be okay for another year or two.

I enjoy watching Amare play and I like the way he plays. His heart and determination are helping us win games.

vCash
    He is playing well but IDK if there knees can hold so much play time.

vCash
    Let's just remain hopeful that he can keep it up...

Fact is having a healthy Amar'e is better than any trade we can make at this point in the season.. I've have been steadfast in my assessment that if he is healthy and getting the requisite minute he will be the best offensive BIG on this team..

I am curious to see how Woody does things when Tyson comes back.. My hope is that he continues to run the offense through Amar'e when Tyson is out there.. More pick and roll.. If our Big 3 can get some semblance of chemistry.. This team can turn this thing around and be a factor in May and June..
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    TruthFreesYou, glad you are so knowledgeable and have such insight about knees and health.

Which medical school did you graduate from? And where did you do you internship? I assume you are practicing somewhere - Hospital for Special Surgery maybe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc View Post
    TruthFreesYou, glad you are so knowledgeable and have such insight about knees and health.

Which medical school did you graduate from? And where did you do you internship? I assume you are practicing somewhere - Hospital for Special Surgery maybe?
    He graduated from KnicksFan from 2010-2013 University. Just like us.

We've seen what happened...twice....to amare. Our only ope is that these surgeries are him as good as new for 2-3 years before he starts to break down again. Let's hope it's like the surgery he had in Phoenix, which allowed him to stay healthy for many, many years.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Hopefully he can stay healthy because he's been pretty useful lately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast