Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Thorntons suspension...

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too Harsh

7 20.00%
  • Just Right

20 57.14%
  • Too Lenient

8 22.86%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Shawn Thornton suspended for 15 games

Thought the Neal suspension should've been more and I really find this pathetic.

Thornton is not a worthless goon but a criminal who very well could've been charged with assault. The fact that he will be back on the ice less than a month or so is pretty crazy to me. If he gets back out there and hurts someone the NHL is negligent to the highest extent.

Atleast its not 10 games but the way they were hyping it up I was hoping he would sit out the rest of the season. He got off easy without criminal charges and I think he dodged a bullet only needing to sit out not even a month
    Last edited by SenecaValley46; 12-14-2013 at 02:28 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Considering the lack of history and how easy Neal got off with just as bad an offense (imo), this is pretty absurd. I'd love to hear the NHL justify the difference in the two.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Thought the Neal suspension should've been more and I really find this pathetic.

Thornton is not a worthless goon but a criminal who very well could've been charged with assault. The fact that he will be back on the ice less than a month or so is pretty crazy to me. If he gets back out there and hurts someone the NHL is negligent to the highest extent.

Atleast its not 10 games but the way they were hyping it up I was hoping he would sit out the rest of the season. He got off easy without criminal charges and I think he dodged a bullet only needing to sit out not even a month
    a criminal?
    Fighting is apart of hockey. With this logic, you could arrest hockey players every night all over the world.
    Are you a lawyer or something?

vCash
    Neal's was at least during play and it is possible he could have not seen Marchand (though I highly doubt it). Thornton slewfooted Orpik, held him down with his knee, and punched him in the face multiple times until he was unconscious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    a criminal?
    Fighting is apart of hockey. With this logic, you could arrest hockey players every night all over the world.
    Fighting happens a lot, ***** plays like Thornton's do not. Also pretty hilarious how Thornton was just quoted a couple of weeks before this happened about how he always will stick to the code and whatnot.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    He obviously wasn't intending to do as much harm as he did. Orpik was also on the plane just hours after the incident. I think the suspension was too harsh but I understand that Shanahan was trying to send a message and keep the sport in control.

vCash
    Well that sucks, but when you do what Thornton did, heat of the moment or not, you deserve the book to be thrown at you. Which, I would argue didn't even happen here.

vCash
    Next time Thornton should just knee him in the head and get 1/3 the penalty.
    Obviously I'm jokin, I'm a fan of Orpik, he played for Boston College and team USA but Orpik deserved to get a few punches his way after what he did to Eriksson.
    Only difference in the two incidents is that Marchand wasn't hurt much and Orpik is still banged up.
    Thornton was looking for a fight, a retaliation for Orpiks hit, while Neal was just looking to hurt a player
    Based on Neals suspension, I thought he was getting around 10, so its too harsh IMO
    Last edited by kevin13697; 12-14-2013 at 03:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    a criminal?
    Fighting in hockey isn't criminal.. Slewfooting someone holding them down when they can't defend themselves and beating their face until they're completely unconscious is not a part of the game. Think we can all agree he went above and beyond the game thus should be treated accordingly.

Also I hold him accountable because fighting is his game.. this wasn't Bergeron who decided to be an idiot for a minute but is a legit hockey player. Thornton is a goon and fighting is his sport. He knew what he was doing and executed it accordingly

vCash
    Orpik's hit was clean. You're just about the only person on this forum that thinks it was dirty.

vCash
    While I think Thorton deserved a hefty suspension, I think Neal deserved a lot more too. They aren't basing a suspension off the act, they are basing the suspension off the results of the action. If Marchand was knocked unconscious and taken off on a stretcher Neal would have gotten more games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Neal's was at least during play and it is possible he could have not seen Marchand (though I highly doubt it). Thornton slewfooted Orpik, held him down with his knee, and punched him in the face multiple times until he was unconscious.
    Its not possible because he extended his knee to make contact with his head.

vCash
    Last edited by JdKing7; 12-14-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Double

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post

Dude are you for real?

If what Thornton did was "criminal" than what Neal did was "criminal" too.

Thornton doesn't go out there to hurt people, so i doubt he's going to go back out there to hurt someone...He isn't Matt Cooke, James Neal, Ulf Samuelsson, these names sound familiar??

Anyway, this 15 game suspension is an absolute joke. Supposedly this is Shanahan's largest regular season suspension? If that is in fact true, then it is time for this assclown to go, go go.....

I love how he is making an example of this play with such a large suspension, yet this play happened the same day (between Rinaldo and Roussel) and there wasn't any suspension for that.

Instead of Shanahan crapping all over his shoes on this one, he should make examples of HEADSHOTS and give them double digit suspensions. Neal, a repeat offender, got 5 games for his blantant head shot on marchand. Why not make an actual example out of that? How about John Scott head shotting Loui Eriksson? 7 games for that....Why not make an example out of that? There have plenty of cases where examples could have been made, but he refuses....But this **** gets 15 games?

Oh and this is all settled if Orpik just takes off his skirt and mans up for what he did to Eriksson.....

Absolute Joke....but its the NHL and Shanahan. I'm not surprised...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast