Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Thornton suspended

Just announced 15 games
    Too much?Not enough? or just right

I say just right

vCash
    I think 15 games is more than fair really. Everyone knows what Thornton did was more than wrong and if the league wants to make a statement to the players about these sort of actions they had to come down hard.

vCash
    I thought it was pretty cool that Thornton showed a lot of remorse afterwards but this had to be done

vCash
    It's probably a fair suspension. My issue is there has been plenty of opportunity to "set an example" and they do it now...and on a guy who has never been suspended, when Neal only gets five.

vCash
    Absolute joke.

Proud to be PSD's Little Ball of Hate

BRAD MARCHAND

2013-2014 Season Statistics:
    Games Played: 69
    Goals: 22
    Assists: 21
    +/-: +27

vCash
    5 games to much, I think 10 would have been more then fair. I think because he's already served 3 or 4 games then gave him a bit more.

Sidney Crosby? Tuukka's Not Impressed

vCash
    I guess I could go read the statement but is this 15 additional games to the 3 he's already missed or does the 3 missed get taken into account?

vCash
    A little more than expected, but I can't say he doesn't deserve it. Horrible thing for a guy who lives by "the code" to do.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is blinded by homerism

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    5 games to much, I think 10 would have been more then fair. I think because he's already served 3 or 4 games then gave him a bit more.
    10 would have been fair. I believe, you may be saying this anyway, that his 3-4 games are already added into the suspension, so he has to serve what 11-12 more?

BRAD MARCHAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    A little more than expected, but I can't say he doesn't deserve it. Horrible thing for a guy who lives by "the code" to do.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is blinded by homerism
    Seen you make this claim twice, why is it "homerism"? Nothing homerism about thinking the suspension is too much. No consistency in the league, and the fact Shanahan made this his largest regular season suspension is a joke when questionable players like Neal, Scott, Cooke, Ott, Kaleta, etc. get off pretty easy is ludicrous.

BRAD MARCHAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Seen you make this claim twice, why is it "homerism"? Nothing homerism about thinking the suspension is too much. No consistency in the league, and the fact Shanahan made this his largest regular season suspension is a joke when questionable players like Neal, Scott, Cooke, Ott, Kaleta, etc. get off pretty easy is ludicrous.
    Pretty much this^. Neal is a repeat offender and got 5 games for targeting Marchand head with his knee. Cooke (well we know the story) gave Karlsson a lacerated achilles tendon and the NHL did nothing. Emery brutally attacked Holtby and admitted he was going to beat Holtby even if he didn't want to fight...the NHL did nothing. Fast forward to Thornton whose been in the league 7-8 years and never been suspended. He takes a guy down, hits him 2-3 times and gets 15 games? Where is the consistency in the NHL with it's discipline?

Sidney Crosby? Tuukka's Not Impressed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Pretty much this^. Neal is a repeat offender and got 5 games for targeting Marchand head with his knee. Cooke (well we know the story) gave Karlsson a lacerated achilles tendon and the NHL did nothing. Emery brutally attacked Holtby and admitted he was going to beat Holtby even if he didn't want to fight...the NHL did nothing. Fast forward to Thornton whose been in the league 7-8 years and never been suspended. He takes a guy down, hits him 2-3 times and gets 15 games? Where is the consistency in the NHL with it's discipline?
    Kind of funny how minus the 'slewfoot' the same play happened between Rinaldo and Roussel, I'm pretty sure, the same day as the thornton incident. I don't think Rinaldo got anything. Only difference is roussel didn't get hurt; who i forgot was a bruins prospect. He seems to be a pretty decent player now.

BRAD MARCHAND

vCash
    Agreed with oneman and bruinshabs on this.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    So I guess the 3 games he missed is included in the 15-games so he'll miss the next 12.

I (and I don't think anyone) can really argue with what bruins>habs said. That's a very solid point and now that this precedent has been set with Thornton, any repeat offenders who do something terribly wrong, should be getting similar or worse suspensions.

vCash
    Too much. No more than 5 games if that's all they gave Neal. Not to mention, the supposed injury in the Thorty incident was fake.

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast