Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rangers Rumblings and Grumblings 2013-2014 Edition

I figured since there's really no thread dedicated to it, the forum could use one specifically for all Rangers rumors and what not from around the league. The Yakupov thread was taking shape as one but I figured this could clean things up a bit.

Here's a good piece to kick the thread up with, some news I know some of you will love:

RANGERS MAKING INQUIRES ABOUT EVANDER KANE?
    Written by Kevin DeLury on Saturday, 14 December 2013 11:00.

According to The Fourth Period, the Rangers are a number of teams who have "kicked the tires" on the availability of the Winnipeg Jets Evander Kane.

The price for Kane is believed to be two NHL-proven top-six forwards and a top prospect or a high draft pick.

Kane, 22, is in the second-year of a six-year, $31.5 million contract. He is earning $4.5 million this season, but will make $6 million in each of the remaining four years of his deal, which does not include a no-trade or no-movement clause. His cap hit is $5.25 million per year.

Kane has just 14 points (7g, 7a) this season after scoring 30 goals in 2011-12 and 17 goals during last year's lockout shortened season.

Kane has missed the last five games with a lower body injury.

http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2013-ar...nder-kane.html
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    That being said, is that price to steep for your liking? If no, who would you be willing to give up?

You would have to imagine by those reports the Jets will want two of Hagelin/Callahan/Kreider/Stepan and then one of McIlrath/Skjei/Fast/Kristo/1st Rounder/2nd and 2nd.

To me, with the state of this team, that's a steep price. With no real market to speak of (only that 'teams' have inquired) there's no point in moving on him. If everything holds out and the price comes down there may be a deal to be made.

At the very least though, there's the most solid amount of information that's been reported, so have at it: worth it? And if so, at what cost?

vCash
    Two top-six forwards plus top prospect or high draft pick is too steep in my book, despite the fact I very much would like to see Evander Kane a Ranger for many years to come. I do not see that price being met, either, by other teams.

Thanks for starting this thread. Once Staal gets a month of playing time under his belt and IF McIlrath can stick as a #6 d-man, Del Zotto will be gone, in my view. Come trade deadline, teams will start bidding up his price.

vCash
    Huge price, we arent ready for that yet. Would love to have him as it would be a good fit in our top 6.

vCash
    I'd love to see Kane in a Ranger uni but that is too steep for this current team. It takes away much needed depth from the team that has yet to recover from the Nash trade.

vCash
    If that is the price, it is too high.

But if the Jets are looking to shake things up as the Rangers are,maybe a deal for Kane and Bfyulgien can be worked out.

vCash
    While we all tend to think about these bigger player type trades, the Rangers actually have a lot of work to do rebuilding their bottom 6. Asham, Pyatt, Poulitot and D Moore all make over $1mm/season and wouldn't make most teams' rosters. Boyle has a lot of value on a 4th line role with fill-in opportunities occasionally on 3rd line, but at $1.7mm/yr his contract makes him vulnerable to being moved since he does not consistently score 10-14 goals per season.

Sather has a lot of work to do on our 3rd and 4th lines; they are supposed to wear down other teams and it's just not going to happen with this crew.

vCash
    In a deal for Kane, everybody but Nash, Kreider, McDonagh and Hank I make available. Seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18:27610085
    In a deal for Kane, everybody but Nash, Kreider, McDonagh and Hank I make available. Seriously.
    I agree though I would entertain Kreider going but the problem is they want two top 6 guys +. So that would mean Kreider+ Stepan +. This team cant handle losing two top 6 and getting one back when we really only have 5 true top 6. Its gonna take us a few years of smart drafting to be able to do that.

vCash
    Heard Simmonds is available but dont know at what cost, he would fit in a few different ways here, would be a guy would can score a bit, hit, fast on the forecheck and can fight. Not likely a good match trying to get him out of Philly for us but I wouldnt mind kicking the tires.

vCash
    Rumors of impending d-man trade from "controversial" (?) source.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...s-Deal/1/56454

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post

Guess we'll see. Not huge news though. They've been trying to move MDZ.

vCash

Rangers Rumblings and Grumblings 2013 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post

But if the Jets are looking to shake things up as the Rangers are,maybe a deal for Kane and Bfyulgien can be worked out.
    We could pay but can't afford that package listed. I can't really see how we could manage a trade for their top two players.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    It's hard to disagree with that, especially at this point in time, but the only player I would add to that list might be McIlrath. I see him translating to a great character guy like Dubinsky we won't want to lose again.

He has more progress to make but nonetheless I would hope the Rangers hold on to him. Especially Hank heading into the other side of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I agree though I would entertain Kreider going but the problem is they want two top 6 guys +. So that would mean Kreider+ Stepan +. This team cant handle losing two top 6 and getting one back when we really only have 5 true top 6. Its gonna take us a few years of smart drafting to be able to do that.
    Although I think the idea of adding Kane is very attractive, I would hold on to Kreider.

If I was to see Kreider going the other way I would expect a veteran roster player and mid-level prospect/pick with it. Something that brings the price down.

Heard Simmonds is available but dont know at what cost, he would fit in a few different ways here, would be a guy would can score a bit, hit, fast on the forecheck and can fight. Not likely a good match trying to get him out of Philly for us but I wouldnt mind kicking the tires.
    I would really welcome the addition of Wayne Simmonds. I have been a big fan of his since he came into the league and he does address a lot of this teams issues right now.

Great character guy, great teammate, an in-your-face contributor. It's also definitely appealing his price tag is significantly less.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post

Guess we'll see. Not huge news though. They've been trying to move MDZ.
    I would take anything Eklund says with a grain of salt. He sells dramatized smoke and mirrors to the public.

vCash

That would be great!

What they are asking for is bot only to high nobody will pay it

vCash
    That guy can play for my team anyday

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast