Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Clarkson has disciplinary hearing today at 9am

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety
    Toronto's David Clarkson will have a hearing Saturday for an illegal check to the head of St. Louis forward Vladimir Sobotka.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    He's out for 2 games.

if Clarkson keeps this up he'll cost us a lot less on the cap than that $5.25 million this year, so that's a plus i guess
    Last edited by OptiMized; 12-14-2013 at 01:02 PM.

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    He's been so useless this year when he's in the line up I don't even care that he's sitting 2. Make it 5 for all I care. So disappointing this year.

vCash
    Clarkson's presence will be in full effect during the playoff push.

But here is a funny vid of Lupul giving Clarkson the tour of TO

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    Clarkson is by far the most well payed goon in the league.

vCash
    such a bust

vCash
    In a season or offseason where the cap goes up the Blues lock Steen up for 3 years at 5.8 mill. In a year where the cap went down (last offseason) we offer David Clarkson 5.25 over 7 years.... sometimes this organization just looks so silly. Just quit taking penalties and falling down all the time there Clarkson.

vCash
    I still don't like the 7 years but Clarkson will come around.

it's tough to play in a place for so long (new jersey) then come home and get used to the spotlight. And for Carlyle it's also tough to keep a system together when so many guys are in/out due to injury. Leafs had a similar record this time last year, the difference was a strong second half of the season.

Clarkson's going from being that first line/Second line scoring option in NJ to a place where he is maybe the 4th best scoring option up front, maybe 5th

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    ^
    I'm not giving up on Clarkson either. It's gotta be tough having to sit out as many games as he has on a new team, system and now his peers playing poorly around him just like he is. We all need to give him more time, but it's been ugly so far.

vCash
    Well i know the points aren't there but when he was signed i didn't really expect him to score 30 and put up 40 points. I think the type of game he plays is exactly the type of thing we lacked last year. I've seen some positives in his game this year.

Tonight he's looked good though

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    I expected at least 18 - 20 goals from him and he is on pace for like 4.

vCash
    The goals aren't going to come any faster playing with McClement and Kulemin, but those two could and probably will bring a little stability to his game and make things easier. If nothing else they'll show him how to play defence and maybe get the confidence back up a little bit. Then later on if a top 6 spot opens up it might work out better for him then. He looked good with McClement and Kulemin but what he's being paid for isn't to play like a good 3rd/4th liner. You sign for that money and the points and expected and rightfully so. We've got the guy locked up for a long time so there's nothing we can do but sit back and hope it all works out. That's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

vCash
    I think when Bolland gets back a line of Kulemin - Bolland and Clarkson will be a pain in the *** to play against.

vCash
    ^
    I would agree with that. I'm much happier with McClement on the 4th line and PK and getting situational ice time like end of games and in our own end. When healthy there's depth to score on all 3 lines. The 3rd line not as much as the 2nd or 1st obviously but there would atleast be and will be a little more depth when Bozak and Bolland get back.

vCash
    Raymond seemed to play well with Bolland too at the start of the year so you can always bump him down for some scoring and move Kuli up. Lupul doesn't seem to want to pass to Clarkson when he's crashing the net hard and looks more for the skilled play so i think those two stay away from each other. And I agree on McClement. He seems a lot more tired and not as fast on the PK playing so many minutes. He found a nice home last year there and luckily Holland has stepped up to take some of those minutes away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast