Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Trumbo

vCash

Mark Trumbo

What do you Dbacks fans think of the trade that went down this week? You guys gave up Skaggs and Eaton in the deal, but I feel Trumbo could be a legit bat in Arizona. I'm not sure about how his defense will be in LF though.

vCash
    It is a trade that could go either way. Trumbo is definitely a power bat, which is what we needed. Yes he strikes out a lot and his defense is suspect but heck Luis Gonzalez wasn't a great defender and no one had a problem with him.

Skaggs is talented but no more than a #3/#4 in a rotation. His velocity was going down lately & with our pitching depth he was expendable. Eaton was expendable too with Pollack putting up the same numbers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    It is a trade that could go either way. Trumbo is definitely a power bat, which is what we needed. Yes he strikes out a lot and his defense is suspect but heck Luis Gonzalez wasn't a great defender and no one had a problem with him.

Skaggs is talented but no more than a #3/#4 in a rotation. His velocity was going down lately & with our pitching depth he was expendable. Eaton was expendable too with Pollack putting up the same numbers
    I think most people have a problem with Trumbo playing the OF. However, I tend to think you guys did well in this deal. I'm not high on Skaggs and Eaton like the consensus seems to be.

I think every team got what they wanted from the deal which is a good thing. Expect Trumbo to put up monster numbers in that park.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think most people have a problem with Trumbo playing the OF. However, I tend to think you guys did well in this deal. I'm not high on Skaggs and Eaton like the consensus seems to be.

I think every team got what they wanted from the deal which is a good thing. Expect Trumbo to put up monster numbers in that park.
    I think that is another thing, that Trumbo's power numbers could go up even higher since he is moving to a more hitter friendly ball park. In time we will see how the deal turns out, but i'm optimistic.

vCash
    I didn't think that they thought Skaggs would pan out. Eaton is a bench player. They had to get a replacement for Kubel. They got rid of Reynolds and Young because of the strikeouts. Let's see where this goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I didn't think that they thought Skaggs would pan out. Eaton is a bench player. They had to get a replacement for Kubel. They got rid of Reynolds and Young because of the strikeouts. Let's see where this goes.
    Problem is that Trumbo strikes out a ton as well, more than Young actually.

vCash
    Maybe they think he'll straigten out. Funny though, I thought that they wanted productive outs. I have a feeling there's a change in thinking. I think that's why some of the coaches left. I will wait to see how it turns out before I render an opinion. However, they don't need a strikeout guy. If he hits 30 homers, then maybe.

vCash
    We needed another bat to go along with Goldy but i am not huge on guys that have a high strikeout percentage. I hate those all or nothing type players. Hopefully we will have a miserable year so we can get rid of our GM.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    I'm intrigued by Trumbo but wish Towers wouldn't have given up both Skaggs and Eaton. Honestly he probably could have gotten Trumbo for Skaggs straight up, then traded Eaton to Chicago for Reed instead of giving up Davidson too.

vCash
    Towers is a real loose cannon with his prospects, huh? Maybe you guys could swing Chris Owings over to the Mets

vCash
    Bringing Chavez back was key in giving up Davidson. I think Chavez is a LOT better than Davidson. I'm not a big fan of Towers, but I give him Kudos on this signing. Smart move.

vCash
    Towers is definitely aggressive and has made questionable moves. But i haven't HATED any of his moves. Honestly the Upton trade hasn't been terrible, and the only bad was the Cahill-Parker Trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Towers is definitely aggressive and has made questionable moves. But i haven't HATED any of his moves. Honestly the Upton trade hasn't been terrible, and the only bad was the Cahill-Parker Trade.
    The Upton trade was terrible imo. With Upton, you wouldn't need Trumbo. Skaggs/Eaton could then be used to address another need. Cahill/Parker has almost been a wash so far, but Cook has been a beast.

vCash
    I think the Upton trade was an attitude issue. There was a lot of talk going on especially on his end. I think the D'backs had enough. I didn't think they missed him. The pitching really let the team down. They hit fairly well.
    I can't blame Towers for not putting up with the nonsense.

vCash
    I think Prado was a decent return for a kid (although young and talented) had a MAJOR attitude and work ethic issue. Its not like he had an incredible season for the Braves....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast