Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,730
    vCash
    1500

    why not start Singler and bring Smith off the bench

    I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but it makes a lot of sense.

    Starting singler would give us the spacing we need on our starting unit, and stuckey and Smith leading our backup unit just sounds sick to me, plus Smith can move to his natural position.

    He'd also probably be a sixth man of the year award candidate.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,834
    vCash
    1500
    Hell yeah and if were real lucky it will cause him to demand a trade.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    14,865
    vCash
    3312
    I like starting Singler, but I'd rather bring Moose of the bench. Contract implications aside, they could still rotate the big 3 and have 30+ minutes apiece, but with Greg's versatility as a 4 or 5, I like him getting the 6th man nod

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,461
    vCash
    1500
    Smith's the better player than Singler. No way do we bench the guy.
    Favourite Teams:

    Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,630
    vCash
    1500
    or we could trade Monroe. move smith to the 4. and acquire a 3 from the Monroe trade

    Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

    http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lukass' closet
    Posts
    4,465
    vCash
    1500
    I really hope we don't trade Monroe to keep Smith. Smith is a good player he just doesn't fit in with us.

    Give Monroe the money Smoove is making and trade Smith.

    But if Smith wouldn't mind coming off the bench... Stuckey and Smith would be sick.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,162
    vCash
    1500
    Please trade Smith!


    "Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,730
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    Smith's the better player than Singler. No way do we bench the guy.
    Just because he's better doesn't mean he should be starting over him.

    Singler fits better with our starting unit, he spaces the floor better. Plus Smith coming off the bench could tear **** up.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    Smith's the better player than Singler. No way do we bench the guy.
    Is that you Dumars? Of course he's a better player. He's just a terrible fit in that starting lineup.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Blink's Mind
    Posts
    1,056
    vCash
    1500
    At this point its in the teams best interest. Maybe even in his best interest.

    Josh Smith doesn't just look bad out there he looks turrible!!

    But how many teams have a 13.5 mill dollar man coming off the bench? Not cool

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lukass' closet
    Posts
    4,465
    vCash
    1500
    Lol how many players is Dumars going to sign and we end up saying "I think he's better coming off the bench"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,455
    vCash
    1500
    This board has gotten really bad lately, how did we lose so many decent posters?

    It would make a ton more sense for Monroe to come off the bench, so many reasons why.

    Singler would certainly make more sense starting at the 3 with Smith and Drummond in the paint to make up for his poor defense.

    I can not believe some of you still consider choosing to bring a guy off the bench as "getting benched", ever heard of Manu Ginobili?

    Smith has been terrible playing out of position at the 3 but very good playing the 4, he also does a lot of things most of you clearly don't notice.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    This board has gotten really bad lately, how did we lose so many decent posters?

    It would make a ton more sense for Monroe to come off the bench, so many reasons why.

    Singler would certainly make more sense starting at the 3 with Smith and Drummond in the paint to make up for his poor defense.

    I can not believe some of you still consider choosing to bring a guy off the bench as "getting benched", ever heard of Manu Ginobili?

    Smith has been terrible playing out of position at the 3 but very good playing the 4, he also does a lot of things most of you clearly don't notice.
    He does a lot of things well but his offense is garbage and most of that is due to his own bad bball iq. When he takes it inside hes good but he clearly wants to be a ineffective jump shooter. I know you will say its because he's out of position but I can remember Hawks fans and everyone else always complaining about him doing the same things. His defense is also overrated like crazy. 1.5 blocks per game doesn't make him a good defender its just his athleticism. Defensively he's constantly getting burned by his man or sagging off worrying helpside defense too much (which has alot to do with Jennings poor defense). Overall he takes terrible low percentage shots and it makes me feel like he's more worried about himself than the rest of the team.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    He does a lot of things well but his offense is garbage and most of that is due to his own bad bball iq. When he takes it inside hes good but he clearly wants to be a ineffective jump shooter. I know you will say its because he's out of position but I can remember Hawks fans and everyone else always complaining about him doing the same things. His defense is also overrated like crazy. 1.5 blocks per game doesn't make him a good defender its just his athleticism. Defensively he's constantly getting burned by his man or sagging off worrying helpside defense too much (which has alot to do with Jennings poor defense). Overall he takes terrible low percentage shots and it makes me feel like he's more worried about himself than the rest of the team.
    His shot selection has never been this bad and it's because he's playing out of position, he's taken some dumb shots in the past but not like this. His blocks are down because he's not defending the paint while playing the 3, one of the many reasons he was moved to the 4 as a rookie was for his rim-protecting ability. Everything you're ripping on him about leads back to him playing out of position.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    His shot selection has never been this bad and it's because he's playing out of position, he's taken some dumb shots in the past but not like this. His blocks are down because he's not defending the paint while playing the 3, one of the many reasons he was moved to the 4 as a rookie was for his rim-protecting ability. Everything you're ripping on him about leads back to him playing out of position.
    I agree that his defense would get better at the 4 but he's been criticized for eveything else for the most part of his career. I don't know, I'm sure he would be much improved at the 4 but I would much rather give his salary to Monroe who is younger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •