Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread

vCash

Game Thread

we don't get enough activity to make a thread each time so just post in here. btw our bench is an abomination.

vCash
    How is Kanter only playing 11 minutes so far??

vCash
    Well thats two wins in a row. Really solid games from everybody in both. Hayward had a completely monster game tonight and had ZERO turnovers, incredible game on his part. Kanter really seems to have a hard time finding a rhythm off the bench, but Marvin and Evans have been playing as well or better lately, hopefully he cam snap out of this funk and demand some minutes.

Even with the poor shooting Trey makes such a huge difference, he does a lot of the litttle things. If he can get his shot to start falling he could be a real good PG for us.

vCash
    kanter is coming back from an injury. but i like how marvin and jefferson have been playing. i have to disagree with dhop's bench opinion. burks has come on strong lately, marvin has been good off the bench, and evans and gobert have done what we expected us to do. with our starters able to play multiple positions, most everyone seems to have found their niche and stick to it quite nicely. we've been .500 for the last 10 games, i don't think anyone here was expecting that, so our bench isn't hurting us nearly as much as a kneejerk reaction would suggest.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    kanter is coming back from an injury. but i like how marvin and jefferson have been playing. i have to disagree with dhop's bench opinion. burks has come on strong lately, marvin has been good off the bench, and evans and gobert have done what we expected us to do. with our starters able to play multiple positions, most everyone seems to have found their niche and stick to it quite nicely. we've been .500 for the last 10 games, i don't think anyone here was expecting that, so our bench isn't hurting us nearly as much as a kneejerk reaction would suggest.
    I think dhop's opinion will stand when the starting lineup isn't on fire which is most of the time.

vCash
    heh maybe. but half the bench has been playing very well for the past 6 games or so, i just question the timing of his comment is all.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I'm still wondering about Kanter's minutes. He was playing 30+ just a few games ago after coming back from the injury filling in for Favors being out.

vCash
    Well 0-5 and a turnover in 11mins is Lucas-esque, he. Was just playing poorly and Evans/Marvin were playing well.

I know that a lot of ppl believe minutes=development and that's kinda true. But development comes from practice and applying whats learned there in the actual game. Kanter will get the minutes when his play demands them....however, I don't understand how Beidrens gets any mins ever???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Well 0-5 and a turnover in 11mins is Lucas-esque, he. Was just playing poorly and Evans/Marvin were playing well.

I know that a lot of ppl believe minutes=development and that's kinda true. But development comes from practice and applying whats learned there in the actual game. Kanter will get the minutes when his play demands them....however, I don't understand how Beidrens gets any mins ever???
    I'm in line with everything you said there. Just to expand on that, I think Kanter's biggest red flag is his mental toughness. He's his own worst enemy. He as holes in his game but when he realizes they've been exploited you can watch him deteriorate within a series of plays to the point that it's not even helping him by having him out there.
    don't let it go to your head big fella

vCash
    I agree 100%. I think that's probably the main reason he does so poorly when he comes off the bench, he is mentally frustrated before he even comes in the game.

vCash
    I wonder what the game plan is for Kanter. He just needs time to get things right. I font think the trend of playing him 15 minutes a night will last. Once he finds his groove he needs to be starting again. Play Marvin at the 3 more.

vCash
    well the practice thing. teams don't really practice after the season starts. they get a few things in, but not a whole lot. However I agree you can see kanter has the tools to be good, but he just makes stupid mistakes.

vCash
    the things I have been most excited about these past few games is it really looks like favors turned a corner. his fg% is climbing, he is fouling less, and he just looks more comfortable out there. Also, hayward his last 10 games is averaging 18 points 5 rebounds 4 assists on 44% shooting. that is a borderline all star type numbers and I would expect his fg% to be even better as burke gets better at finding him at his spots. we are getting close to being too good

vCash
    Somebody had to give a shout out to Alec Burks. He is having a fantastic December, and was money against the Heat. We may have thrown him under the bus a bit fast. He still has a chance to be a starter in this league. I would like to see him get more of RJ's minutes.

vCash
    depends on how everyone is doing. burks still has a lot of off games, and rj has had some very nice games himself. obviously, you play the hot hand regardless, but no sense in giving burks 30-40 minutes regardless of how he or anyone else is playing.

as a side note, we got lebron to twist his ankle... the game wasn't a complete loss, lol.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 12-17-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast