Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Wade is Better then Kobe (web-article)

I know Wade is going to go down as the 2nd best SG ever, it's just going to take a little more time.

http://theleaguenews.us/dwyane-wade-...n-kobe-bryant/

Dwyane Wade will probably never average 35 points or score 81 points in a single game. However, basketball is not all about scoring, so it’s wrong to think that Bryant is better than Wade just because of his scoring ability. Besides, we don’t know for sure if Bryant is a better scorer, since Dwyane Wade doesn’t take as many shots as Kobe does. As a matter of fact, Kobe Bryant has averaged 2 more field goal attempts than Wade during his career, yet his scoring average is just a bit better than Wade’s.

I know that stats cannot show the whole story and players’ skills, but they show the majority of it. The fact is that Wade’s stats are better than Bryant’s even if Wade has gone through many injuries in his career, while Bryant stayed healthy for the most of his time in the league.
    Last edited by Dade County; 12-13-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Although its true his stats are better.............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Although its true his stats are better.............
    it would be cool if that horse was replaced with kobe, and Wade or Shaq was holding that bat

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    I agree he is better. Imagine if he never got injured or didn't get his meniscus removed. GOAT!

5. 12-14-2013, 04:00 AM
    Reason
    Trolling/Response to a deleted post

6. 12-14-2013, 04:14 AM
    Reason

7. 12-14-2013, 01:44 PM
    Reason

8. 12-14-2013, 02:05 PM
    Reason

vCash
    Universally, Kobe Bryant, skills wise and fundamental wise will forever be known as the greater shooting guard, and it's not even close. It's an insult to the man that you're putting D-whistle in the same breath as the Black Mamba. It's an insult to the intelligence of all the past legends, icons and HOFs of this sport who have claimed KB as the 2nd greatest SG in league history, and the only real one worthy of being compared to His Airness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Universally, Kobe Bryant, skills wise and fundamental wise will forever be known as the greater shooting guard, and it's not even close. It's an insult to the man that you're putting D-whistle in the same breath as the Black Mamba. It's an insult to the intelligence of all the past legends, icons and HOFs of this sport who have claimed KB as the 2nd greatest SG in league history, and the only real one worthy of being compared to His Airness.
    You saw the stats Wade is better that's all there is to it. Wade doesn't get near as much credit as he should as a player and that's just crazy I mean you see his stats are better but I doubt you would even have him in your top 3 shooting guards which is crazy. You have your opinion I have mine if you want a player you want Kobe if I want one I have Wade it is what it is. And your comment about them not in the same breath is ignorant as hell these two and MJ are obviously the best 3 at their position ever so obviously they can be used in the same breath. Kobe's legacy is done Wade is still building on to his so we can debate when their careers are over.

vCash
    Pretty sure this guy is long parmabanned KB-Pau-D12. I clearly remember that troll's writing styles. This is almost impossibly similar, just like a carbon-copy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    You saw the stats Wade is better that's all there is to it. Wade doesn't get near as much credit as he should as a player and that's just crazy I mean you see his stats are better but I doubt you would even have him in your top 3 shooting guards which is crazy. You have your opinion I have mine if you want a player you want Kobe if I want one I have Wade it is what it is. And your comment about them not in the same breath is ignorant as hell these two and MJ are obviously the best 3 at their position ever so obviously they can be used in the same breath. Kobe's legacy is done Wade is still building on to his so we can debate when their careers are over.
    So stats are what qualify as one player being better than the other?

Than Jerry West was the better shooting guard over Wade then as West averaged 27 points per game, 5.8 rebounds per game and 6.7 assists per game along with 2.6 steals per game. Those are numbers all above Wade. And West had the better FT% while Wade has more blockers per game and a higher field goal percentage.

Jerry West is better than Dwyane Wade then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist:27606383
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post

Than Jerry West was the better shooting guard over Wade then as West averaged 27 points per game, 5.8 rebounds per game and 6.7 assists per game along with 2.6 steals per game. Those are numbers all above Wade. And West had the better FT% while Wade has more blockers per game and a higher field goal percentage.

Im not saying that Wade is better than Kobe because i really don't give a s..t but what do you care what people are saying in the HEAT forum ..... Why don't you spew your obvious obsession of another man in the NBA or Laker forum.

vCash

Hey P&GRealist,
    Myself, here's my All-Time Top SGs:
    1. MJ
    gap
    2. Kobe
    gap
    3-4: West / O
    gap
    5: DWade
    with all being in the GOAT All-Time Top 25.

Ergo, West WAS better than DWade.

N.B. Being in the All-Time Top 25 is no slight; instead it is a tremendous accomplishment and accolade.

vCash
    ...Than Jerry West was the better shooting guard over Wade then as West averaged 27 points per game, 5.8 rebounds per game and 6.7 assists per game along with 2.6 steals per game. Those are numbers all above Wade. And West had the better FT% while Wade has more blockers per game and a higher field goal percentage.

One important thing you're ignoring, is that a number of stats are missing (for West). Which makes it somewhat hard to quantify just how productive he was as a player. You're also not min-adjusting per 48. West played damn near 40 mins per game, compared to Wade. Yes he's a slightly better assist generator, and rebounder, but the difference is relatively minimal. As to what concerns forced turns and blocks, West played in one lone season that saw them record those stats (his final year in the league), I'd hardly say that qualifies as proof that West was better at forcing turns than Wade. Wade is probably better at doing everything West did, with the exception of assisting (barely), shooting free-throws, and rebounding (barely).

Wade is the greatest SG since his airness himself (the numbers back him up). The verdict is still out on guys like Curry and Harden, since they're relatively young. And Ginobili def gets an honorable nod.

16. 12-14-2013, 03:44 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

vCash
    ^He's perhaps not an iron man like Kobe has been a good portion of his career. And part of that may have to do w/ the meniscus tear/injury he suffered @ Marquette (and played through). But when he's on the floor, there's no denying he's generally more effective at doing a number of things, safe for 3-point shooting and free-throw shooting. Kobe's also marginally better at holding onto the basketball (barely).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Pretty sure this guy is long parmabanned KB-Pau-D12. I clearly remember that troll's writing styles. This is almost impossibly similar, just like a carbon-copy.
    Hey naps,
    Perhaps it's just me; but I don't understand to whom you are referring that you think if a dupe of KB-Pau-D12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    One important thing you're ignoring, is that a number of stats are missing (for West). Which makes it somewhat hard to quantify just how productive he was as a player. You're also not min-adjusting per 48. West played damn near 40 mins per game, compared to Wade. Yes he's a slightly better assist generator, and rebounder, but the difference is relatively minimal. As to what concerns forced turns and blocks, West played in one lone season that saw them record those stats (his final year in the league), I'd hardly say that qualifies as proof that West was better at forcing turns than Wade. Wade is probably better at doing everything West did, with the exception of assisting (barely), shooting free-throws, and rebounding (barely).

Wade is the greatest SG since his airness himself (the numbers back him up). The verdict is still out on guys like Curry and Harden, since they're relatively young. And Ginobili def gets an honorable nod.
    Hey Dre',
    You say, "Wade is probably better at doing everything West did, with the exception of assisting (barely), shooting free-throws, and rebounding (barely). "

Haven't you left out at least one very important thing: outside shooting? West was one of the all-time greatest long-range shooters; the same area that is universally known to be Wade's weakest area. No small issue; and a huge difference.

DWade being ranked within the Top 25 is pretty universal amongst NBA experts and (non-Heat) writers. For all of them, DWade is around 5th; behind: MJ, Kobe, West & O (in close to that order; with West & O virtually interchangeable). Additionally, none of them I'm aware of suggests that DWade can do enough during his remaining career to pass any of them.

Ginobili definitely gets an honorable not??? No one I've ever heard of has him close to the All-Time Top 50; nor in the All-Time Top 10 SGs. Yikes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablonovi View Post
    Haven't you left out at least one very important thing: outside shooting? West was one of the all-time greatest long-range shooters; the same area that is universally known to be Wade's weakest area. No small issue; and a huge difference.
    How can you quantify how good West was at long-range shooting, when they've only been keeping track of shot spots for the last decade or so? Not to mention that the 3-point line wasn't introduced to the NBA until 1979-80 (to give you an idea, that's the year Bird and Magic came into the league). West retired roughly 6 seasons prior.

Nobody's saying West couldn't have been a better outside shooter. But that unfortunately wasn't tracked (unlike with Wade). So there's no proof to your assertion. At this stage it's possible he was, as much as it's possible he wasn't.

DWade being ranked within the Top 25 is pretty universal amongst NBA experts and (non-Heat) writers. For all of them, DWade is around 5th; behind: MJ, Kobe, West & O (in close to that order; with West & O virtually interchangeable). Additionally, none of them I'm aware of suggests that DWade can do enough during his remaining career to pass any of them.
    What experts are you talking about (e.g., morons like Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless maybe, etc)? Most statisticians agree on Wade being the best SG since Jordan, with the noted exception of perhaps John Hollinger (in case you didn't know, I'm not much for PER). I'm more partial to win shares/48, wins produced/48, etc.

Ginobili definitely gets an honorable not??? No one I've ever heard of has him close to the All-Time Top 50; nor in the All-Time Top 10 SGs. Yikes.
    Ginobili has always been underrated, a large part of that has to do with his reserve role status and the increment minutes he's played over his career (compared to other stars/superstars). Look at his numbers though (adjusted per48), he's every bit the per-minute rebounder Kobe is, a better per-min passer, better at staying out of foul trouble, better at forcing turnovers, about equal in blocks, is better at keeping the ball, and perhaps more importantly, is much more efficient (look at his career eFG percentage and TS percentage).

And no, his numbers wouldn't have been affected had he played more minutes. There's actually ample evidence suggesting that when a productive player plays limited mins, he's still productive playing higher mins. Take a look at Kevin Love, Love is still pretty much the same guy from his rookie season (when you look at his per-min numbers). He's just playing more mins and APPEARS to be doing more. The only negative thing that an increase in mins could affect, is the increased risk of sustaining an injury. And considering Ginobili's injury-proneness, it's possible the increased playing time, could have shortened his career.

That said, when Ginobili's been on the floor, there's no denying he's been every bit as productive as D-Wade (if not better in some respects). And safe for the recent infusion of talent at the 2 (e.g., Stephen Curry, James Harden, etc) it hasn't really been any one else other than Kobe (and by the numbers, he's always been a step down from either). As good as Grant Hill, T-Mac, and Brandon Roy were, their careers were unfortunately derailed (quite early on) by injuries, and their production value dipped/was affected as a result. Like I said, along with Wade, Ginobili def deserves to be in the convo for best SG since Jordan.

There have always been great wings fyi (no one's denying that): E.g., Larry Bird, Adrian Dantley, Clyde Drexler, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, John Stockton, etc. But only Drexler and Jordan (among those I mentioned) were SGs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast