Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the better player overall?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Hardaway Jr.

29 67.44%
  • Iman Shumpert

14 32.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Tim Hardaway Jr. Vs Iman Shumpert Poll

I think its now fair to bring this up because at some point we will have to make a choice. My question to everyone is deep down my gut tells me that Tim Hardaway Jr is going to be the better player long term. The one thing that has me very high on him is he has had no difficulty scoring the basketball. On the other hand, I think Shumpert's defense is not the same from rookie year and gets by on reputation, however to me I think he struggles offensively with freedom. I think in a more controlled environment like a San Antonio he would do much better.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Love iman. We need his defense. He can shoot ok.

Timmy is shooting well from outside. We need his outside shooting.

So...yeah. Iman does more and if his shot confidence can come back, he's better. Still, Timmy is still in year 1 of his deal and seems to be just as athletic and a better shooter.

End of the day, we need both players. Iman's defense is needed...badly.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    I'll take Shump over Timmy at this point.

Lets get it!!!

vCash
    Anyone who says THJR is crazy!

He literally has about 20 games and for that matter... maybe under 200 mins logged in the NBA... Yeah, he's made 3s, yeah he's finished in transition... that's really about it.

Shumpert is a great shooter, better defender, rebounder and even has the best dunk this year on the team so far.

Keep them BOTH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    Anyone who says THJR is crazy!

He literally has about 20 games and for that matter... maybe under 200 mins logged in the NBA... Yeah, he's made 3s, yeah he's finished in transition... that's really about it.

Shumpert is a great shooter, better defender, rebounder and even has the best dunk this year on the team so far.

Keep them BOTH
    He's actually not...very inconsistent, if he was then this wouldn't be a discussion, He would CLEARLY be better than THJ....but the fact that he doesn't slash or shoot as good as THJ is why this thread is open...
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Tim has far more upside. He is fearless as a rookie and that confidence will only elevate with experience. He is not a bad defender just young in the NBA. He is a great athlete and finishes at the rim far better than Shump and is a better all around shooter / scorer than Shump.

Look I was very high on Shump the last 3 years but he has not shown enough improvement to help the team which is 6-15 with him starting. Shump puts up air balls, his D is not that good and he can't get to the rim and when he does, he doesn't finish. Shump has had 3 knee surgeries in 3 years and has an injured knee RIGHT NOW... He has had 2 points in the last 2 games in 58 minutes of playing time. That is unacceptable and we need to move on from Shump taking up TH2 minutes.

Trade Shump, maybe not for Lowry right now if we can get him for Metta, Felton and a 2018 1st do that deal as long as you can lock Lowry into a contract up to 2015 as part of the deal.

start..

Lowry
    TH2
    Melo
    Bargnani
    A mare
    with ... Kmart, Chandler(ease him back into the lineup) Pablo, Jr, Murray would have to get some tick and find a way to bring up Jeremy Tyler.

Save Shump for the February trade deadline. .. for some type of Rondo deal along with Amare.

Knicks could have a pg package of Rondo and Lowry for next season if we play our cards right.

Dolan is crazy not to make this Lowry trade tho, we need a good pg and who cares about a 2018 pick when we still have a 2015 and 2017 pick. We are not giving up any useful players and gaining a guy who could help turn the whole season around. Good 2 way pg is very hard to find!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Tim has far more upside. He is fearless as a rookie and that confidence will only elevate with experience. He is not a bad defender just young in the NBA. He is a great athlete and finishes at the rim far better than Shump and is a better all around shooter / scorer than Shump.

Look I was very high on Shump the last 3 years but he has not shown enough improvement to help the team which is 6-15 with him starting. Shump puts up air balls, his D is not that good and he can't get to the rim and when he does, he doesn't finish. Shump has had 3 knee surgeries in 3 years and has an injured knee RIGHT NOW... He has had 2 points in the last 2 games in 58 minutes of playing time. That is unacceptable and we need to move on from Shump taking up TH2 minutes.

Trade Shump, maybe not for Lowry right now if we can get him for Metta, Felton and a 2018 1st do that deal as long as you can lock Lowry into a contract up to 2015 as part of the deal.

start..

Lowry
    TH2
    Melo
    Bargnani
    A mare
    with ... Kmart, Chandler(ease him back into the lineup) Pablo, Jr, Murray would have to get some tick and find a way to bring up Jeremy Tyler.

Save Shump for the February trade deadline. .. for some type of Rondo deal along with Amare.

Knicks could have a pg package of Rondo and Lowry for next season if we play our cards right.

Dolan is crazy not to make this Lowry trade tho, we need a good pg and who cares about a 2018 pick when we still have a 2015 and 2017 pick. We are not giving up any useful players and gaining a guy who could help turn the whole season around. Good 2 way pg is very hard to find!
    Totally agree. I'd hate to trade shumpert and watch it blow up in our face though. Woodson does have it out for Shump. We should have fired him a week ago and began to see if it's the system.

But yes, Shumpert has been very disappointing and his defense has regressed since his rookie year.

vCash
    It's not a question of Iman vs Hardaway, it's JR vs Hardaway. Sit JR's *** down

vCash
    Shump is a disappointment.

vCash
    It's TH jr

Shumperts D is so overrated, "lock down defender"? who has he ever locked down. He gets some steals, that's about it. His O is weak, rarely takes it to the basket and is always playing 25+ mins with nothing to show for it.

TH jr needs to get better on D but his O is much better then Shumpert, it's really not even close. Better shooter, takes the ball to the hole, etc.

vCash
    And i'm sick of hearing that Woodson is out to get Shump.

So by starting him and giving him a ton of mins while he stinks is out to get him? c'mon people. stop watching ESPN and use your head

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randallk34 View Post
    And i'm sick of hearing that Woodson is out to get Shump.

So by starting him and giving him a ton of mins while he stinks is out to get him? c'mon people. stop watching ESPN and use your head
    Maybe its over exaggerated, but theres no explanation for going on air saying j.r won't be 100 percent this year and playing him lengthy minutes every game bricking shots/ turning the ball over. He may not hate shump as much as ppl say, but he favors j.r more than anyone on the team

vCash
    Shumpert is a bad Offensive player. As stated before, he has a horrid first step, does not use his body, and has a poor intermediate game. Can't post and is an erratic spot shooter.

Hardaway has hops off one foot going to the rack. Demonstrates a floater and can shoot the 3 ball better than Shumpert off worse angles than Shumpert and even off the dribble.

THJr puts another 10 pounds of muscle .... watch out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Maybe its over exaggerated, but theres no explanation for going on air saying j.r won't be 100 percent this year and playing him lengthy minutes every game bricking shots/ turning the ball over. He may not hate shump as much as ppl say, but he favors j.r more than anyone on the team
    Just like he hated Lin. Different side of the same coin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post

Yes he def favors JR, and the last game by not sending him to the locker room to hit the showers after he shoved the guy really upset me. The fact JR was put back in was an embarrassment.

This has nothing to do with Shump. Shump is getting the mins too, he stinks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast