Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Tejada Really That Bad ?

Let me start by saying I wanted to replace him at the start of the winter, and for that matter I still do. But the kid was not that bad in 2012 at just 22 years old. He looked like poop for half a season before getting hurt last year, However I don't think that's the player he is going to be. I wanted Drew at the start of the winter, and I believed the Mets where to cheap to get him. But after seeing them spend 20 Mil on Colon, Give him and Granderson 1 more year then they wanted, I believe if they really where sold on Drew they could make it happen, maybe they don't think he will help the team as much as we do. Bottom line, I feel as though tejada is getting trashed up and down here. He could easily beat out one of these infield prospects they are thinking of getting in a trade.

vCash

Yes he is

vCash
    Yup. He is that bad. For a backup he's not that bad. But for a starter, he's terrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    Yup. He is that bad. For a backup he's not that bad. But for a starter, he's terrible
    IDK I could see him putting up CÚsar Izturis type numbers, not great but he has ben a starting player for 10+ years.

vCash
    The goal should be to get a player that's good

vCash
    Is Ruben as bad as he was in 2013? No.
    Is he as good as he was in 2011-2012? No.
    Is he somewhere in between? Yes.
    Is that good enough to be a starter? No.

vCash
    It's his attitude if he wasn't a doosh and kept the ball on the ground he would of been fine

vCash
    Shortstop is simply the position with room for the most improvement in a cost effective manner.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Te-jay-dah does not have the talent to be a major league player. He needs to work harder than everyone else to be a solid player, but he has proven to be too lazy to do so.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Te-jay-dah does not have the talent to be a major league player. He needs to work harder than everyone else to be a solid player, but he has proven to be too lazy to do so.
    Yeah I bet he went to Bartolo Colon fitness camp instead to the one Mets assigned him.

The Future

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    As of right now, Tejada is a minor leaguer hoping to catch on.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    I have no use for a player who doesn't want to put in the work to improve his game. So I have no use for Ruben Tejada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j/m_ets View Post
    STEAMER and Oliver combine to project Tejada for .255/.312/.328, about league average defense, and 1.5 WAR per 500 PA's.

As people have said, that's not really good enough to be a starter. But, no, he's not that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I dont think at his age he has proven to be too lazy. Even his #1 hater on this site states Tejada is unproven.

He is supposedly gong back to fat camp in January. The jury is still out.

If he commits himself to playing within his skillset, he can be adequate. And lets not forget everyone raved about his D in the minors.

People should be at least be rooting gor him to get his head put on straight. He hasn't been a douche in any way that should vilify him. He's has a low-affect personality. He probably needs a mental shot of adrenaline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Is he as good as he was in 2011-2012? No.
    Is he somewhere in between? Yes.
    This is a ridiculous thing to say about a 23 year old. He peaked at 21-22? Haha. Cmon.

To answer the OP's question accurately, NO Tejada is not that bad and his best years are ahead of him. The price people want to pay for a fringe upgrades is way too much.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast