Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Which is the more telling method of finding who the better team is?

Which is more telling of who the superior team is?

Head to head or match-ups?

For example. 2004 New Jersey Nets took the Detroit Pistons to game 7 and it took a game winning shot by Rip Hamilton to win the series for them.

Everybody knows they went on to whoop the LA Lakers. Now, there is no way on God's green earth the Nets were winning more than 1 game against the Lakers. Shaq would have eaten them alive himself.

So which is the better way to determine the superior team?

Team A is almost equal to Team B when they are playing each other. Team B beats Team C but Team C would obliterate Team A.

So who's better? Team A or Team B?

BTW, I do think both the Pistons and Lakers were better than the Nets. This isn't about the Nets, it was the only example I could think of.

vCash
    The superior team is almost always the one holding the trophy at the end (exception: 2006 Heat).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    The superior team is almost always the one holding the trophy at the end (exception: 2006 Heat).
    You're not getting my question.

Team A is almost equal to Team B when they are playing each other. Team B beats Team C but Team C would obliterate Team A.

vCash
    Team B.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

vCash
    Team B, they win both series lol.

I think you meant to ask "who's better: Team A or Team C?"

vCash
    Point differential across schedule difficulty. That's how.

Series do not determine who is better. Even with 65/35 favorites you would need something like 28 game series for the better team to win the series only 95% of the time.

vCash
    point differential, SRS, and offensive/defensive efficiency ratings.

There are outliers. The 11-12' Sixers are an example. They were much better than their record indicated.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    NBA is a game-to-game league.

vCash
    Secret option Team D is the best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    Point differential across schedule difficulty. That's how.

Series do not determine who is better. Even with 65/35 favorites you would need something like 28 game series for the better team to win the series only 95% of the time.
    I never said a series makes a team better. I asked which paints the more accurate picture, head to head or by association.

vCash
    team C is irrelevant bcuz u dont know what would happen agaisnt the team they didnt play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    team C is irrelevant bcuz u dont know what would happen agaisnt the team they didnt play.
    Team C in this case swept team A two years prior in the Finals.

Use teams instead of letters.

Nets barely lost to Pistons in 7. Pistons beat Lakers in 6. Lakers beat the Nets two years ago 4-0, and dominated the Nets every meeting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jeffrey View Post
    Which is more telling of who the superior team is?

Head to head or match-ups?

For example. 2004 New Jersey Nets took the Detroit Pistons to game 7 and it took a game winning shot by Rip Hamilton to win the series for them.

Everybody knows they went on to whoop the LA Lakers. Now, there is no way on God's green earth the Nets were winning more than 1 game against the Lakers. Shaq would have eaten them alive himself.

So which is the better way to determine the superior team?

BTW, I do think both the Pistons and Lakers were better than the Nets. This isn't about the Nets, it was the only example I could think of.
    Styles make fights. Beating the team that beat the team doesn't mean you can beat both teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Bingo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jeffrey View Post
    I never said a series makes a team better. I asked which paints the more accurate picture, head to head or by association.
    And the answer is clearly neither.