Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up C. Woodson wants to Return Next Season!

So on an interview on 95.7 the game woodson was asked about his future and he said he wants to return to oakland and if the raiders don't want him he will consider retirement. Unfortunately I was a young kid when woodson was in oakland in his early years so I don't remember the good times he had here but I do remember what a beast he was in greenbay. He's a player that I don't have to worry about on defense. I don't have to worry about him missing tackles or assignments. He has this trust on defense that I haven't had with any other player to play for the raiders. The old
    Guy still has it and hopefully Reggie brings him back.

**Charles Woodson isn't ready to hang up the cleats just yet.

With three games left on the one-year contract he signed with the Raiders in May, the 37-year-old safety said that he hopes to return to Oakland in 2014.

"I want to play again," Woodson told KGMZ-FM on Thursday, per Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. "I think this is the only place that I would play. I do plan on coming back and playing for the Raiders. If that didn't happen, then I think I would have to decide if I want to go somewhere else for another year. If I'm wanted here, I'm coming back."

Woodson, who played for the Silver and Black from 1998 to 2005, was won over last spring by a public outpouring of support from Raiders fans hoping to woo him back to the West Coast after five seasons with the Green Bay Packers.

Woodson has rewarded Oakland with 894 snaps over 13 starts, grading out as the No. 38 safety in the league, per Pro Football Focus. He's far removed from his days as an All-Pro ballhawk, but Woodson has done enough to earn a look this summer for a Raiders team that is decidedly short on defensive talent.

Link:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...aiders-in-2014
    Last edited by RaiderFanBL9; 12-13-2013 at 12:30 PM.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    I've seen him blow some coverages but I've also noticed that he makes more plays than any other DB on the team. He is also a great tackler. I say resign him. He's a good leader to have on the team and could be a better option than any free agents that would want to come to Oakland.

vCash
    I say they sign him now!

vCash
    He's been quoted as saying he likes the direction of the team and I feel he knows this team is not far from success, I also like the leadership he brings to the younger players. I t doesn't hurt that he also has a SB ring.

vCash
    You don't remember Woodson his first go around with Oakland? Now I feel really old. I remember asking Ken Stabler for his autograph when I was 8 years old at a charity basketball event. Sad, so sad.

vCash
    Resign him NOW every team needs a guy like C Wood

vCash
    His leadership alone is worth resigning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders:27598383
    His leadership alone is worth resigning.
    This x2. He comes at a cheap price to.

vCash
    lol, only a fool wouldn't leave his options open. he's posturing just like execs do. i'll believe it when he signs the contract.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    There wasn't very much of a market for him last offseason, obviously aiding our cause. Similar circumstances may be needed again. I like what he brings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    I've seen him blow some coverages but I've also noticed that he makes more plays than any other DB on the team. He is also a great tackler. I say resign him. He's a good leader to have on the team and could be a better option than any free agents that would want to come to Oakland.
    x2. He's not perfect, but he still brings it. I'd be happy to have him back next year.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    Jairis bird is better and with $70 mill to spend I'm sure he would WANT to come. I think Woodson is on his last leg

vCash
    A one year 2.5 mill w/ 1.25 guaranteed should suffice..........

vCash
    Only one more year left, though. It should be his last.

vCash
    I much rather have him back on a one year deal and spend top dollar on a #1 corner and defensive end.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast