Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013/2014 Blue Jays Offseason Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Por que no las dos?

Our starting rotation really stunk last year, be it injuries on underperformers.

I don't think we're getting Price, but a rotation starting with Price, Dickey, Morrow and Buerhle would be great.

If we can land Butler and lose Lind [for a pitcher I'd think], we'd be an improved team.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Houston's taking the route the Jays should have. They're not sitting tight waiting to blow their load in one offseason on whoever happens to be available at that time, they're accumulating talent along the way even if that doesn't necessarily lead to immediate contention.
    I don't think they're getting Choo.
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I agree - it just shows that this team has no real goal in sight (in my opinion). Maybe that's a poor choice of words, it just feels like they're not sure what they want to do with their budget. Talking about Butler when there's MASSIVE holes in the rotation feels wrong to me.

It's a little frustrating when the Astros are going out to attempt to get better, while STILL building the right way. Are the Astros a better managed team than the Jays are now? Sure seems like it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    I liked the direction of this team when AA first took over, which was to build from the farm out. However, he seemed like he quickened the process by trading a lot of our good assets in an attempt to win now. And most of the moves, haven't worked out as hoped THUS FAR
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    Move EE + Sanchez + Stroman for Price
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    They are young and have some good prospects coming up in 2014 and 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    The best FA pitchers are still available, the jays haven't missed out on anyone of real importance to them. To say the Astros are run better than the blue jays is an absolute joke. If the Jays lost 100 pls games last year AA wouldnt have a job.

The season doesnt start for 4 months lets just be patient. But hey if you cant do that the Astros could def use some fans i bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Seriously or did you forget the sarcastic sign.... Even for 2 years of Price, never, after 2 he's gone unless AA has a 7/175m package ready to give him which is unlikely!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    No need to be a ****er about it.... and the Astros were bad for a long time, doesn't mean they can't start running things properly.

But hey, rose colored glasses are all the rage these days.
    Originally posted by MVP 2009 -But they are better run than the Jays, at least since Lunhow took over. Can't really laugh at them losing 100 games when the Jays lose 88 with a payroll nearly five times as large.
    Figured we could use a new offseason thread.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Ohka! this teams going places

vCash
    Wow, 1500 posts in exactly one month. At least this small portion of the fanbase is thirsty as hell for something to happen.

vCash
    ok now that we signed tomo ohka, we need one more pitcher and our rotation would be ready for world series contention. I am thinking we sign Victor Zambrano and we do a little "throwback 2007". he has retired for a while now but if we convert him into a knuckleballer, he might be the next ra dickey.

lol but in all seriousness i like this signing, not because i believe in tomo ohka, but because ohka pitching in the minors will hopefully help A.J. Jimenez learn how to catch the knuckleball, and then he can replace Josh Thole. No matter how much he sucks offensively he wont suck more than josh thole, and i would rather invest at-bats into building Jimenez than josh thole. That being said, i don't think Jimenez would be more than a September call up even if he learns the craft and at the same time improve his batting skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Wow, 1500 posts in exactly one month. At least this small portion of the fanbase is thirsty as hell for something to happen.
    I live in the area and the people here are just nuts about the Jays. I could be talking about it with a buddy of mine in the cafe and someone could come along and overhear and jump right in - most of the time they are pretty intelligent about what's going on as well.

The fan base is hungry, they want a winner and immediately. I know that's being too impatient, I get that - and it's hard to blame the moves from last year not working out (except Dickey) because at the time they were good acquisitions. In fact I still think they are, at least with the Marlins trade - guys like Reyes and Buehrle can still be good pieces for us moving forward. Anyways, I'm getting off topic, the point I'm trying to make is that watching all your competition in the AL start to really shape their roster because after all, we're basically mid-December now, while the Jays have signed Navarro and trading for Kratz it ****ing depressing. It's fine to say "it's still early, it's still early..." but eventually, it'll be January and there's still no guarantee anything gets done. What if trades don't happen? Or free agents sign elsewhere? I'm not saying it's all loom and gloom, the sky certainly isn't falling - we have some great players on our ballclub..... but those players need help - and without that help we're wasting their time while they are still in their primes. Years we could be winning not floundering around in 4th because we refuse to dish out an extra few million a year for a starting pitcher, or add a 6th year for a guy like Choo. I admit, I'm losing my patience with this front office but truthly mostly because of that 5 year signing ******** that basically stops us from getting any single elite free agent on the market, ever...

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I can't wait to see Navarro play.

I remember a few years ago, I went to a Jays/Rays game with my bud and heckled "Big Fat Dioner" every time we had a chance. He noticed. It was a good day.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    On a side note and this is important. Whats with this "eliminate home plate collusion" bs. I really hope they don't eliminate it. It will give the catcher a clear advantage and it ruins the fun of watching a play at the plate. The players don't seem to support this. Brett lawrie being one of them. Do you guys agree with eliminating home plate collusion?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adid727 View Post
    On a side note and this is important. Whats with this "eliminate home plate collusion" bs. I really hope they don't eliminate it. It will give the catcher a clear advantage and it ruins the fun of watching a play at the plate. The players don't seem to support this. Brett lawrie being one of them. Do you guys agree with eliminating home plate collusion?
    I get what you're saying, but if it was us that lost our MVP like that, I'm sure we would feel differently. Wonder what Buck would have to say about that. He had a terrible injury from it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I get what you're saying, but if it was us that lost our MVP like that, I'm sure we would feel differently. Wonder what Buck would have to say about that. He had a terrible injury from it.
    Us having an MVP catcher? Ha!

But I agree, we should remove home-plate collisions. If you can't collide into any other base-man, you shouldn't be able to do so at home.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    I can't wait to see Navarro play.

I remember a few years ago, I went to a Jays/Rays game with my bud and heckled "Big Fat Dioner" every time we had a chance. He noticed. It was a good day.
    He was probably looking at the guy beside you selling nachos and hotdogs. I was at the last game of the season against the Rays...there's no doubt in my mind that Yunel Escobar would remember me. I said some pretty awful things. He even taunted me at point, showing how great of a guy he really is.

vCash
    The belief is that the Jays have been talking to the Cubs about right-hander Jeff Samardzija, who was 8-13 with a 4.34 ERA in 33 starts for the Cubs last season. He walked 78 and struck out 214 in 2132/3 innings.

All the Cubs want are top prospects Aaron Sanchez, Marcus Stroman and a third player.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/11...ffers-on-table

Oh really, is that all they want for him? Crazy. I hope he isn't one of the three or four balls in the air.

vCash
    Shark pitched over 2000 innings last year according to the sun, this guys a machine.

vCash
    What's the word on the tanaka situation?

vCash
    **** off with that Sanchez and Stroman noise, Theo. Time to move on from that idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Shark pitched over 2000 innings last year according to the sun, this guys a machine.
    Every game including Spring Training? sounds good!

Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast