Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade and Acquisition Ideas Thread: Volume XXV

vCash
    Originally posted by Turtle55
    I'm going to agree to disagree on the championship window being closed with this group. I think by the time Rose gets back up to speed (and I don't expect him to ever again get to MVP level) that Noah and Deng will be on their downside and Boozer will be gone. I want this team to get younger and healthier with additional flexibility. The deal you talk about that includes Asik coming to Chicago is close to what I was discussing earlier. I completely agree that you do not dump Noah for the sake of dumping him but I would very much like to trade him to increase, as I was saying youth/health/flexibility. Almost no trade I propose right now improves the Bulls immediately, for me it's all about the future.
    I think you misunderstood my point on the championship window: the window for this squad should be closed (if they don't resign Deng). BUT - the Bulls aren't in a position where they need to rebuild for a chance multiple years down the road. They can realistically be just as much of a contender next year as they have been when healthy with this squad. Thus, trading Noah to get younger is risky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    I think you misunderstood my point on the championship window: the window for this squad should be closed (if they don't resign Deng). BUT - the Bulls aren't in a position where they need to rebuild for a chance multiple years down the road. They can realistically be just as much of a contender next year as they have been when healthy with this squad. Thus, trading Noah to get younger is risky
    I don't think I misunderstood I think we just disagree. I think the odds Chicago can replace Deng with a player that is better than or equal to him, at least immediately better or equal, are slim. I think Mirotic will be good but will take time and therefore I think next year will be a step backwards in order to long term take a few steps forward (at least I hope) and I think that by the time the Bulls are ready to take that step forward Noah will be less effective than he is now. Therefore I like the idea of moving him to get younger.

No more Rose? When is football season again?

vCash
    Fair enough - I think Mirotic will have just as much of an impact his first year as any other rookie about to be drafted this summer

vCash
    Just another random idea....
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m6hru4a

Bulls get Lowry, DeRozan
    Raps get expirings and Washington '14 first round pick
    Wiz get Deng

vCash
    Fair enough - I think Mirotic will have just as much of an impact his first year as any other rookie about to be drafted this summer
    I think he'll be very good but just not ready to be a key part of a championship team yet (like almost any rookie).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55 View Post
    Just another random idea....
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m6hru4a

Bulls get Lowry, DeRozan
    Raps get expirings and Washington '14 first round pick
    Wiz get Deng
    trade wouldn't load for me, but I can't see the Raptors trading DeRozan for just a 1st round pick which is essentially the only value they'd be getting in a deal like this

vCash
    trade wouldn't load for me, but I can't see the Raptors trading DeRozan for just a 1st round pick which is essentially the only value they'd be getting in a deal like this
    It was Ariza and other expirings but yeah the first round pick would be the key part and of course my favorite phrase, cap flexibility!

vCash
    The cap flexibility is nice but if the Raptors do that they'd be going full rebuild, and then you have to ask who do they spend money on in free agency?

vCash
    true, but cap flexibility isn't all about free agency. It allows you to make trades for big salary players that other teams can't afford. Like the deal they made for Gay but for a different player next time. Similar to Memphis landing Randolph and that's worked pretty well for them. Other pieces could be included but like I was saying... just another suggestion.

vCash
    Boozer for Ben Gordon works.

vCash
    CHI ---> Boozer, Deng
    CHI <--- Waiters, Gee, Dellavedova, Gordon (buyout)

CLE ---> Waiters, Gee, Karasev, Felix, Dellavedova
    CLE <--- Deng

CHA ---> Gordon
    CHA <--- Boozer, Karasev, Felix

then deal Dunleavy/Hinrich for second round picks

works financially, a lot of scrubs involved to make it work (Karasev, Felix, Dellavedova)

Augustin/Teague
    Waiters/Snell
    Butler/Gee
    Gibson/Murphy
    Noah/Mohammed

that roster won't win 30 games

vCash
    I don't know if I agree with that. You get Batum, a younger version of Deng. CJ who is a lottery pick who is an unknown. Trob who is a younger Taj.Then you Flip Lopez and their 1st with MDJ and our second and you turn that into Asik.

That leaves you with

kh12, CJ, DJ, Teague
    Butler, Snell
    Batum
    Boozer, Trob, murphy
    Asik, Taj, Nazr

Then who knows, maybe Minnesota misses the playoffs and Love wants out. It would be hard to turn down a package of CJ, Snell, Trob, Mirotic, our 1st(which would be lotto), Bobcats pick(11-17), and Boozer's expiring.

vCash
    What don't you agree with?

vCash
    What don't you agree with?
    The last sentence. My fault, thought I put it in bold.

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast