- Habs are 8-1-1 in last 10 games.
- Habs were 9-0-1 in 10 game stretch before losing 6-0 to the LA Kings on Tuesday.
- This game marks the return of Danny Briere to Philadelphia for 1st time since he was bought out.
- Flyers coming off a 7-2 embarrassment against CHI last night.
- Flyers will be playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, and 1st home game this month.
- Tye McGinn was sent down and Chris VandeVelde was signed to a contract and called up to take his place; it is unclear as of yet whether or not he will play tonight.
So Gus replaces Mez (I don't get it), and Raffl and Hartnell switch places (makes some sense but still not a fan).
There is still a chance that VandeVelde plays; they say it is dependent on who plays for the Canadiens. Apparently the reason McGinn was sent down was because he was still feeling sick and therefore wasn't a viable option to play. But, even so, I don't see why you would not only send McGinn down BUT ALSO sign VandeVelde and take up another contract space just for VandeVelde to ride the pine.
It makes absolutely no sense for them to have done that. Why not just call up Holmstrom or keep McGinn around if whoever is called up isn't going to play anyway?
Glad Gus is in. I know Mez was playing well, but Gus needs to play; I really don't care who he replaces at this point, he just needs to be in the lineup.