Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

More proof Melo doesn't make teammates better

Has always been a great scorer but this is why I believe Melo is overrated.

He has led the Knicks in scoring in all 21 games and they have been terrible It shouldn't all fall on Melo but he's been doing the same thing for years. It looks like he's done nothing to improve his game from a standpoint of making his team better. He's a ball stopper. There are 10-15 guys I'd rather have right now then him.

Maybe it's the system and the people around him but got damn you'd think he'd be a better creator at this point in his career.

vCash
    Who cares.

And his teammates just can't hit open shots, they have been horrible this year.

In the games that we have won, it's from the ball movement from Melo and people hitting their shots. He gets doubled and finds the open man, or gets the hockey assist. If you watched the game last night, we were blowing the Bulls out with ball movement, once that stopped, they caught up.

vCash
    Also, who cares, if this is something everyone knows...

vCash
    How exactly do you think we hit so many goddamn 3s last year? Kidd, Novak, Prigs, Shump creating those shots themselves? Melo was the only reason there was so many wide open 3s for everyone last season. You don't need to get a direct assist to make teammates better.

Melo forces his share of the issue, but his teammates force it even more. Last night Pablo couldn't even get the ball across half court and was calling for Melo to come get the ball every time down the floor as he was getting locked up full court Jeremy Lin vs Miami style.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    How exactly do you think we hit so many goddamn 3s last year? Kidd, Novak, Prigs, Shump creating those shots themselves? Melo was the only reason there was so many wide open 3s for everyone last season. You don't need to get a direct assist to make teammates better.

Melo forces his share of the issue, but his teammates force it even more. Last night Pablo couldn't even get the ball across half court and was calling for Melo to come get the ball every time down the floor as he was getting locked up full court Jeremy Lin vs Miami style.
    Okay, Leethal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

vCash
    op, what evidence is this?

He's been the highest scorer on his team all games, but their record is awful? Hardly evidence. Please, make claims based on things like efficiency stats, not 'he scores most yet they still lose'.

vCash
    Where is the proof?

I imagine he was the leading scorer in all of their wins last year too.

I'm far from his biggest fan, and I dont think he really makes his teammates better. But the fact that he scores in losses isnt proof of that.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    It doesn't matter what anybody says psd isn't going to say that he does anything well. When in fact he passes out of doubles very well but it's his fault smith, shump, etc miss wide open shots okay. Or how about when he drives and kicks to Kmart it's his fault Martin can't hit a layup? Or how about when he kicks it out and then the person he kicks it out to passes and that person hits an open shot? Guess that doesn't count, people like to look at an assist number it's kinda funny.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushed View Post

He has led the Knicks in scoring in all 21 games and they have been terrible It shouldn't all fall on Melo but he's been doing the same thing for years. It looks like he's done nothing to improve his game from a standpoint of making his team better. He's a ball stopper. There are 10-15 guys I'd rather have right now then him.

Maybe it's the system and the people around him but got damn you'd think he'd be a better creator at this point in his career.
    Please dont comment on the Knicks when you clearly DONT watch. Every Knick fan knows how bad his teammates have been this year and the effort that Melo gives in passing. Unfortunately, 9 times out of 10 he is the only person "CAPABLE" of scoring.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Please dont comment on the Knicks when you clearly DONT watch. Every Knick fan knows how bad his teammates have been this year and the effort that Melo gives in passing. Unfortunately, 9 times out of 10 he is the only person "CAPABLE" of scoring.
    Until the last 4 games. Amare has really stepped it up.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Until the last 4 games. Amare has really stepped it up.
    Amare has been balling. Real efficient, as well. Looks like he is finally getting his groove back. Also, played some good D last night!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushed View Post

First the highlighted section, who else on the team is actually good enough to lead them in scoring? Besides, he's a scorer, it's what he's supposed to do and is best at. Were you also bashing Rodman because all he did was rebound?

Second, cool story bro. Clearly you're either just trying to troll or you like making pointless threads. Yes, Melo is who he is and people should just accept it and move on, but thanks for sharing your "beliefs", I for one have not gained a single iota of intelligence reading what you wrote.

And finally,
    Last edited by NYY09; 12-12-2013 at 11:45 AM.

vCash
    basketball is like a bathing suit its not for everybody I fu watch games instead of check box score ud see how many open shots felton jr shumpert miss of melo passes Melo should have had 10 asissts yesterday he had some crazy passes to marting who missed layups and got fouled

vCash
    He makes his team better just doesn't do as good of a job as the upper echelon of players like Paul, Bron, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast