Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is most to blame?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • RGIII

8 33.33%
  • Snyder

10 41.67%
  • Shanahan

5 20.83%
  • No blame to assign.

1 4.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

RG111: Who to blame?

Who deserves the bulk of the blame for the RG111 situation?

vCash
    No one.

BTW, describe the "situation" as you see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    No one.

After having his leadership skills questioned a story suddenly appeared that there is/was preferential treatment given to RGIII by Snyder that did not go over well with the coaches and some players. There is no real clarity on exactly how this decision was made. Somehow this turned into a soap opera like love triangle. I can't figure out if this is simply a dysfunctional family, a power play by a lame duck coach who seems to want out, or somehow personal. I guess my concern is less with the decision although I don't agree with it, than with how it was handled.
    Last edited by Sandmikel; 12-12-2013 at 04:36 AM. Reason: grammar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    No one.

Exactly. Ever occur to people maybe he's just not that good?

vCash
    He's simply not that good. Of course, it doesn't help being on a pretty bad team, but they invested way too much in him and neglected pretty much everything else.

vCash
    Are you talking about Robert Griffin the 111th?

I guess it's his fault.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Everyone (Snyder/Tranny/RG3) has fault in it to some extent. How much, I don't know.

vCash
    rex grossman has no one to blame but himself
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Didn't he win the rookie of the year award just a season ago? He's had a tough year but he is still a young player and sometimes you have to accept periods of poor play especially if he has a sub-standard team and is playing hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    He's simply not that good. Of course, it doesn't help being on a pretty bad team, but they invested way too much in him and neglected pretty much everything else.

vCash
    Dan Snyder

You don't bring in a head coach like Shanahan and then tell him to trade away the entire future for one QB that he didn't even want.

Owners need to know their roles and it is not making personnel / GM decisons.

vCash
    Snyder deserves a lot of blame, but I say Robert deserves the most. Snyder certainly encouraged Robert's sense of entitlement and treated him better than everyone else, and that is where his blame comes in. Robert chose to buy into that sense of privilege and into his own hype; he did not have to do that. Before he even got drafted, Robert trademarked "RGIII" and "unbelievably believable". The writing was on the wall that he was a bit of a diva. Not to throw comparisons around, but Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson would not have bought into everything the way Robert has. Those two just seem way too centered to me to do that.

The bottom line is Robert made everything that has to do with the Redskins more about him and less about the team. The whole "all in for week one" deal was a polarizing example of that. Whether he was 100% healthy or not, he was going to play. Regardless of whether or not he gave his team the best chance to win games, he was going to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I have to disagree with this. RG III has shown flashes of Brilliance at QB. His injury has changed his game and he hasn't had enough time to adjust since he rushed back into the starting role. I also believe Shanny's system is flawed. Shanny is a one dimensional coach which makes his play calling predictable. RG III is in the wrong system, the Shanny's need to go.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Also agree with not liking RGIII's mentality. If you already think your the best, it doesn't leave you much room for improvement.

Blame Shanahan for not controlling the media shitstorm that hovers over Washington.

vCash
    This whole situation has nothing to do with Snyder, RGIII, or Shanahan. This is another perfect example of how winning cures all problems in professional sports. Did we hear any of this crap last year when Washington was winning the NFC East and hosting a playoff game?

The reason you are hearing it now is because Washington is 3-10 and will be watching the Rams draft someone in the top 3 or 4, possibly even 1st overall, that could have been their selection.

If Washington was 10-3, would we be hearing any of this?
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    everyone's to blame for that team. start at the top and work your way down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast