Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Denver vs New England in the Superbowl

There have been seasons where the Championship games were better than the Superbowl matchup. Right now there are 15 teams that a team can never ever play in a Superbowl. I don't like that. I'd want a system where any two teams could meet in the biggie. Why not just have the 8 divisions but no conferences? Make it to where every team could play anyone.

I'm also having 16 teams in the playoffs, that keeps these last few weeks more exciting, not so many teams packing it in.
    Last edited by CCRider; 12-12-2013 at 02:12 AM.

vCash
    Neither idea appeals to me. 16 teams would have a watered down feel to the play-offs. I expect we would have seasons where a 6-10 team could make the play-offs. Ridiculous! I like the conferences. In fact, one of the great thing about the NFL is the division and conference alignment and the play-off format.

Nothing needs to be changed. You make about a thread every week or two on this subject, do you honestly believe it will ever change?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    Why not just have the 8 divisions but no conferences?
    That's interesting.

I'm also having 16 teams in the playoffs, that keeps these last few weeks more exciting, not so many teams packing it in.
    I like what we already have in 12

vCash
    the system is fine as it is
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    16 teams is too many and even if you mmake divisons open or random you can still have a Denver vs NE before the SB

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 25 Yards: 429 TD: 4

vCash
    I want the Lions Vs Lions superbowl, Make another Lions team or just let us beat ourselves in the SB

19 Rec - 329 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    Everything if fine the way it is now, so why change it?

I like the schedule change to ensure the last game is divisional. I say the make it the last 3 weeks. Close out the season with three weeks of divisional play.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post
    I want the Lions Vs Lions superbowl, Make another Lions team or just let us beat ourselves in the SB
    But then even though the Lions would have beaten the Lions in the SuperBowl, I think the NFL would just declare that there was no champion for that season still. How could they reward a team that can't even beat itself?

Poor Detroit just can't win.

vCash
    I would worry more about the regular season scheduling than the playoff structure. The biggest issue is how teams in soft divisions get easy wins and then get blown out in the playoffs by teams who deserve to be there. In a lot of cases teams have gotten first round byes because of easy divisions, who would have lost in the first round if they had to play.

Hockey recently made a change to basically get rid of divisions so that soft teams didn't get in to the playoffs. Seems like it is going well.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    I like it the way it is. Thats why the wildcard is there

vCash
    The patriots? Not sure that game is necessarily better than Denver v Seattle or Denver v New Orleans anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Neither idea appeals to me. 16 teams would have a watered down feel to the play-offs. I expect we would have seasons where a 6-10 team could make the play-offs. Ridiculous! I like the conferences. In fact, one of the great thing about the NFL is the division and conference alignment and the play-off format.

Nothing needs to be changed. You make about a thread every week or two on this subject, do you honestly believe it will ever change?
    Obviously this is about wishing things were different and I do believe it would be better for the game. Right now more teams would be playing for playoff positions instead of just playing out the schedule. Also knowing we could see any two teams play beats the hell out of how it is now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedSashSB View Post
    The patriots? Not sure that game is necessarily better than Denver v Seattle or Denver v New Orleans anyway.
    Wasn't actually talking about Denver vs New England, I assumed that was obvious.

vCash
    When you make that the title of the thread it is implied...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I would worry more about the regular season scheduling than the playoff structure. The biggest issue is how teams in soft divisions get easy wins and then get blown out in the playoffs by teams who deserve to be there. In a lot of cases teams have gotten first round byes because of easy divisions, who would have lost in the first round if they had to play.

Hockey recently made a change to basically get rid of divisions so that soft teams didn't get in to the playoffs. Seems like it is going well.
    This^^

Too often undeserving teams make the second weekend just because they are a division winner and thus get home field on the first weekend. There have been too many times when a 10-6 or 11-5 team gets stuck in the wildcard swamp while an 8-8 team gets an automatic advantage because they are the tops in a crappy division (NFC North looks to be the beneficiary this year). Tough for even a good team to have to take the wild card route to the big game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast