Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,781
    vCash
    1500

    Off-season rumors

    despite the fact that reds gm walt jocketty told reporters the team won't be trading homer bailey, some within the organization feel they'll have to overpay to sign him to an extension at this point, which could eventually change jocketty's stance, says ken rosenthal of fox sports. Rosenthal adds that the reds would only move bailey if they felt it improved their 2014 club (all twitter links). More from the nl central...
    mlbtr

    the reds met to discuss choo last night, tweets jon heyman of cbs sports. However, their inability to clear some payroll by dealing brandon phillips first has dimmed their chances, he adds
    mlbtr

    gm walt jocketty told reporters, including c. Trent rosecrans of the cincinnati enquirer, that he met with arroyo's agent, terry bross, around 2:00pm today.
    mlbtr

    tuesday, 12:39pm: The rockies and reds discussed sean marshall at length last night, and a trade appeared close at one point, according to renck. However, those talks have idled for the time being. It's not clear whether the reds would have included any salary relief to help offset the remaining $12mm on marshall's deal, renck adds.
    mlbtr
    **********

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,781
    vCash
    1500
    What do you guys think about trading Bailey? I say if we can afford to sign him long term, then do it. but if we can't afford it, they are going to have to trade him now, and then likely re-sign Arroyo. I think Bailey should be re-signed, but it's going to come down to money.

    I would love to see Choo re-signed, but I doubt they can afford it unless they trade Phillips cheap.

    Marshal trade sounds interesting. With him, Parra, and Chapman, is it worth it to have 3 lefties in the bullpen? I don' think it's too much, but the front office might disagree.
    **********

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    vCash
    1500
    It have to be a pretty good return, but pitching is the depth of our team. If he leaves, we can resign Arroyo and still have a pretty good rotation. Pitching is also the strongest part of our farm system as well. If we can get a return like Prado + prospects from the DBacks we'd have to consider it.

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    vCash
    1500
    The more I think about it the more I love Prado on our team, can play LF or 3B as well so it'd give us some flexibility. He'd fit right into the 2-hole.

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,576
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    What do you guys think about trading Bailey? I say if we can afford to sign him long term, then do it. but if we can't afford it, they are going to have to trade him now, and then likely re-sign Arroyo. I think Bailey should be re-signed, but it's going to come down to money.

    I would love to see Choo re-signed, but I doubt they can afford it unless they trade Phillips cheap.

    Marshal trade sounds interesting. With him, Parra, and Chapman, is it worth it to have 3 lefties in the bullpen? I don' think it's too much, but the front office might disagree.
    I think we keep stock piling the farm team with prospects. Meaning ya if you get a good deal for Bailey. You should get a position player and prospects. I just hate big money long term contract, it makes my skin crawl.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,781
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think the ownership is interested in prospects, and I don't disagree with that. They want a ring, and they want it now. Reds have had a good farm system for years, now they are all up and we still don't have a ring and our window is closing pretty fast. If you keep trading away your starters for prospects then you turn into the Cubs.
    **********

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,781
    vCash
    1500
    Looks like the Reds are out on Choo
    **********

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    vCash
    1500
    We're apparently interested in Infante. It would be a good move if we traded Phillips for a leadoff hitter. If we signed Infante to a 4 year 35 mil deal were saving 15 mil at 2B, and he would bat second right behind the guy Phillips brings back.

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,781
    vCash
    1500
    If the Reds could make some moves now.... That'd be great.
    **********

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,576
    vCash
    1500
    It looks as if Phillips will stay. I wonder if the Reds focus will be a short stop and another outfielder? If we don't do anything, im cool with that also.....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't be so sure Phillips is staying, there's a lot of time left to make a move. What would you think of Nick Franklin (Mariners) in a return for Phillips?

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure Phillips is staying, there's a lot of time left to make a move. What would you think of Nick Franklin (Mariners) in a return for Phillips?
    Mariners don't need BP after just signing Cano.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,707
    vCash
    1500
    I was thinking BP would go to a third team...

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,781
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    It looks as if Phillips will stay. I wonder if the Reds focus will be a short stop and another outfielder? If we don't do anything, im cool with that also.....
    I still don't think he'll be here next season. I'd bet the ownership wan't him gone. I think the problem is that no one wants him.
    **********

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,576
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I still don't think he'll be here next season. I'd bet the ownership wan't him gone. I think the problem is that no one wants him.
    Possibly or ownership wanted to send the message. I think we are better off with him. I believe his numbers will increase batting 2nd or 5th. I hope our focus turns to SS.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •