Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Will Bill Belichick win his 4th COY?

Just wondering what every ones thoughts are?

He originally faced the fact one of his players was heavily involved in a murder and not only lost his talent (Who was easily top 10 biggest mismatch players in the NFL) he had to deal with a distraction that likely would have bothered most teams..

his team following that has now lost 4 All pro/probowl talents to the IR in Mayo, Willfork, Gronkowski and Vollmer. Also has lost players for stretchessuch as vareen (6 games), Edelman (5 games), Dobson (3) and Talib (3).

I don't think he will win it (Not that he doesn't deserve it). But his overall year to year greatness doesn't allow for flashy W/L turnaround.

Thoughts?

vCash
    He does deserve it. And take it from someone who had him in fantasy, Vereen missed more than 6 games
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    He deserves to be a candidate. He has more of a realistic chance of getting it if we nab the #1 seed, which I don't think we'll get. I'm not so sure we even hang on to the 2 seed tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I dropped my phone in the toilet last night which ruined my week. If that makes you feel better.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

vCash
    He should be considered but he won't win it.

vCash
    He'll finish in the top 5, but usually the coach with the best story wins this award.

vCash

Will Bill Belichick win his 4th COY?

Greatest coach of all time. I hope he gets it.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    If NE wins out (Huge if with the current roster) I think he'll get it.

vCash
    He definitely deserves it. So many key injuries, and NE may just get the one seed. I'm guessing someone like Andy Reid or Chip Kelly (if they make the playoffs) may get it, but BB deserves it.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    If they finish with the top seed in the AFC I don't know how he doesn't get it.

vCash
    WOW a lot of homers here? I like this team as much as the rest of you guys but come on? Its most likely Pete Carol or Reid.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    WOW a lot of homers here? I like this team as much as the rest of you guys but come on? Its most likely Pete Carol or Reid.
    I think bill has a stronger argument over carol. Bill.B has lost 5 former probowlers/all pro caliber players since the draft. AH/Gronk, Mayo, VW, AND vollmer? that's a ton of talent to lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos_Sports4Life View Post
    I think bill has a stronger argument over carol. Bill.B has lost 5 former probowlers/all pro caliber players since the draft. AH/Gronk, Mayo, VW, AND vollmer? that's a ton of talent to lose.
    True a lot of injuries but my gut says Carol will win.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    IDC about awards. BB is the best coach in the NFL and that's common sense. I couldn't give two ****s if he gets the award for it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Pete Carroll is less of a great coach and more of having a **** ton of talent on that team. They have a ton of great pass rushers, a very talented secondary, a very talented linebacking core, a good O-line when healthy. Honestly, a ton of us could coach that team to a winning record lol.

I will give credit to Carroll with those defensive back injuries not hurting the D. But it does help to have the best pass rush in the league (see the ESPN article on controlling the line of scrimmage using time to throw).
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    ^Agreed.

OTOH though, if Pete does have any say in draft picks, he does a pretty good job at picking defensive players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast