Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 15; Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys

Might as well get it started. Doesn't sound like Rodgers will be ready. Let's hope the Dallas defense is as bad as it was against the Bears.

vCash
    Hopefully Flynn learns to get the ball out faster or Ware is going to eat his *** up. I think we can still win this game but i am pretty annoyed Rodgers isn't going to play (more than likely).

vCash
    annoyed as well... taking a long time to heal, I think we can win, but I'm really nervous FWIW

vCash
    Isn't it kind of weird how overtly negative Rodgers was on the radio today?
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    In adults, six to 16 weeks or more are often necessary for a collarbone to heal solidly.
    To be honest. I'd rather him come back only when he is 100% instead of rushing back and ending up with a much more severe fracture. It has been what. Six weeks now. Woodson's collarbone fracture took much longer than that. I think the early reports got peoples hope up when they were obviously way to optimistic and really not even appropriate considering all the recovery times I'm reading online. Looks as if 6 weeks is the earliest and based on it being Rodgers and the Packers medical staff. I expect 8-10 weeks to be the earliest for Rodgers to return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Isn't it kind of weird how overtly negative Rodgers was on the radio today?
    I'm sure its very frustrating for him. He knows the team needs him and he isn't able to get on the field. Sounds as if they tried rushing it last week and it didn't work out and possibly caused a setback we aren't aware of. I honestly don't care at this point. I just want him to be healed before coming back. This is after all only 1 season and until the defense steps up it could be pointless for him to come back and risk further injury if he isn't 100%. Let's see if Matt Flynn can get them to the playoffs and Rodgers can heal then step in and get them to the superbowl.

1 thing I just can't comprehend is how some Packers fans want him to go back out there even if he isn't 100%. I just couldn't imagine MM risking further injury and possibly hurting Rodgers in the future because of a re-fracture or a more sever fracture. The more times that bone breaks or the more severe the break gets the better chance of a re-fracture in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    I'm sure its very frustrating for him. He knows the team needs him and he isn't able to get on the field. Sounds as if they tried rushing it last week and it didn't work out and possibly caused a setback we aren't aware of. I honestly don't care at this point. I just want him to be healed before coming back. This is after all only 1 season and until the defense steps up it could be pointless for him to come back and risk further injury if he isn't 100%. Let's see if Matt Flynn can get them to the playoffs and Rodgers can heal then step in and get them to the superbowl.

1 thing I just can't comprehend is how some Packers fans want him to go back out there even if he isn't 100%. I just couldn't imagine MM risking further injury and possibly hurting Rodgers in the future because of a re-fracture or a more sever fracture. The more times that bone breaks or the more severe the break gets the better chance of a re-fracture in the future.
    It's all about what the risk of re-injury is. If it's like 5% per game. That's about my line where I say, play. I thought bones heal harder than they ever were?

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Cowboys forum is like a funeral

vCash
    It's all about what the risk of re-injury is. If it's like 5% per game. That's about my line where I say, play. I thought bones heal harder than they ever were?
    I always heard you had greater chance of re-fracture. I know I broke the same bone 3x in my foot. Apparently neither is true from what I just read. Fractured bones after healing have no greater or lesser of a chance to break as any other spot on the bone. The reason some people have said it is stronger is because when the bone is immobilized while the fracture is healing the bone around the fracture weakens from being immobilized and the fracture is healing itself back to 100%. So for a very brief period(Until the bone is mobile again) the fracture once completely healed is stronger but they level back out to equal. If that makes sense.

vCash
    I always heard you had greater chance of re-fracture. I know I broke the same bone 3x in my foot. Apparently neither is true from what I just read. Fractured bones after healing have no greater or lesser of a chance to break as any other spot on the bone. The reason some people have said it is stronger is because when the bone is immobilized while the fracture is healing the bone around the fracture weakens from being immobilized and the fracture is healing itself back to 100%. So for a very brief period(Until the bone is mobile again) the fracture once completely healed is stronger but they level back out to equal. If that makes sense.
    I follow you.

I don't know. Sorry if this sounds terrible, but I think even if he breaks it again, he's ready for next year. Yes rehab would SUCK (for him) but I'm greedy and I want a playoff shot if we have one. If I knew we were really risking him but also knew we'd get in if he made it all 3 games. I'm doing it.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    If Rodgers plays, 87 percent win.
    No Rodgers, 69 percent win.

The Cowboys outmatch the Packers in nearly every category. Bryant has the potential to torch us, Murray has the potential to crush us, and Romo has the potential to pass all over us. BUT... The Cowboys are the Cowboys.

vCash
    It's nothing to mess with. Remember Carlos Rogers?

From Wiki;Having been compared to Randy Moss,[3] Rogers was drafted second overall in the 2003 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions.

Rogers caught 22 passes for 243 yards and three touchdowns during his first five games of the 2003 season, before breaking his clavicle while practicing a speed drill with Dré Bly, leaving him out for the season. On the third play of the 2004 season, against the Chicago Bears, Rogers suffered another broken clavicle, knocking him out for the season. He was so devastated by the injury that the Lions allowed him to go home for the remainder of the season. Years later, Lions general manager Matt Millen said that in hindsight, he made a mistake by letting Rogers be away from the team for an extended period of time.[2]

During the 2005 season, Rogers was suspended for four games for a third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Of course he claimed he started using because of the pain.

The point is he broke it after 5 games, didn't come back until the following season and broke it again in the first game of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    It's nothing to mess with. Remember Carlos Rogers?

From Wiki;Having been compared to Randy Moss,[3] Rogers was drafted second overall in the 2003 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions.

Rogers caught 22 passes for 243 yards and three touchdowns during his first five games of the 2003 season, before breaking his clavicle while practicing a speed drill with Dré Bly, leaving him out for the season. On the third play of the 2004 season, against the Chicago Bears, Rogers suffered another broken clavicle, knocking him out for the season. He was so devastated by the injury that the Lions allowed him to go home for the remainder of the season. Years later, Lions general manager Matt Millen said that in hindsight, he made a mistake by letting Rogers be away from the team for an extended period of time.[2]

During the 2005 season, Rogers was suspended for four games for a third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Of course he claimed he started using because of the pain.

The point is he broke it after 5 games, didn't come back until the following season and broke it again in the first game of the season.
    Some people have weaker bones.. Woodson broke his Clavicle 3x I believe. As you get older the bones get weaker also. I just think the Packers should be cautious with this. I'd hate to see Rodgers having to worry about getting landed on. 1 thing that hasn't been mentioned is if he came back and re-fractured his collarbone would he have a problem mentally.

vCash
    Some people have weaker bones.. Woodson broke his Clavicle 3x I believe. As you get older the bones get weaker also. I just think the Packers should be cautious with this. I'd hate to see Rodgers having to worry about getting landed on. 1 thing that hasn't been mentioned is if he came back and re-fractured his collarbone would he have a problem mentally.
    gotta drink moar milk brah

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    gotta drink moar milk brah
    Not being a dick bro, but you're an idiot. See what I did there. I said not being a dick so you can't be mad. Took a trick out of your hat.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast