Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would you still want draft Clowney if he was up for grabs?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would he's a rare talent that doesn't come along very often

23 56.10%
  • No, to many character issues, he doesn't give it his all, may love the money more then the game!

18 43.90%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Clowneys stock dropping!

Hey nation, quick question Clowney may be slipping due to lack of production this year and all these red flags about him faking injuries and lack of effort coming in, and now this is the ice cream on the cake as he was caught speeding! Question is if he slips say to where we pick anywhere from 4-7 would you take a chance on him still knowing how dominant he can be? Or would you pass on him with all the red flags?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...10-mph-ticket/

The Texans would hold the No. 1 overall pick if the 2014 NFL Draft was held Monday.

The first selection or any pick in the top five would result in the Texans having to take a hard look at South Carolina junior defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, who continues to make a name for himself for the wrong reasons.

Clowney was ticketed Saturday for driving 110 mph in a 70-mph zone along a South Carolina interstate.

The draft’s No. 2 prospect, according to CBSSports.com, has had a down year for the Gamecocks. A strong sophomore season initially had Clowney as a surefire No. 1 pick.

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Need him lol

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    Yes.He will be dangerous.

vCash
    He's not dropping past top 5. A speeding ticket sure as hell isn't scaring anyone off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post
    Need him lol
    I loved Clowney last year and have wanted him since but all these question marks make you wonder! If both Barr and Clowney were there when we chose I might just take Barr! All in all if Clowney is there you take him he and Barr are my two favorite prospects! Id be jumping for joy with either one of these two
    Last edited by LoveMeOrHateMe; 12-10-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    He would be a great addition, problem is RM is a character guy supposedly.

If he does have some character issues that come to the surface would RM gamble on him? If he did gamble on him and he hit with the pick he would be the best GM ever.

If he picks him and he flops or has issues due to character a bunch of fans would be screaming for RM's head.

If you were RM what would you do??
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    A speeding ticket doesn't affect my opinion of Clowney, minor infraction.
    What does affect my opinion of him is the lack of professionalism and performance of last season. That one big time hit really got him into the lime light and in 2012 he was pretty good, 2011 good. 2013 average at best. He makes me a little nervous, but he is intriguing I admit. I don't know yet.

Pos Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF
    2011 South Carolina SEC FR DL 17 19 36 12.0 8.0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 5
    2012 South Carolina SEC SO DL 40 14 54 23.5 13.0 0 0 0 2 1 2 0 3
    2013 South Carolina SEC JR DE 24 11 35 10.5 3.0 2 1
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 12-10-2013 at 05:24 PM.

vCash
    Cowney on one side,j allen on the other.Scary.

vCash
    we dont need a ****ing thread for everything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    Relax.Go take a lap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    If the raiders lose out they have a real chance at getting a top 3 pick and for some reason I think Clowney would be there if the texans don't take him #1
    This guy with his head on right will be a monster. He demands attention plus it's cool to talk about different topics

vCash
    I still like Clowney. I'm not sure if we are going to be in position to get him, though. You gotta take a chance on someone ,if your picking in the top 7. IMHO.

Mind as well be him.

vCash
    I want to see a combine and proday for what they are worth to check his fitness and preparedness.

May I suggest adding a third option in your poll for 'undecided'?

vCash
    I would not be suprised to see Barr go before Clowney as the first defensive player in the draft due to this years performance and the other media drama ad rumors.

Having said that if he falls to us in the draft I would be all over him. I feel he is special, has amazing skills and will translate to a awesome NFL player.

I would put some insensitive clauses in his contract to encourage him to be in non mandated mini camps and performance (I would do this with any draft pick in today's world).

vCash
    lol Those insensitive clauses really make a difference.

Like "All you long hairs need to be at practice or else" stuff like that.

Just joking Vet I know it was just a spelling mistake.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast