Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ross starter?

vCash

ross starter?

shouldnt he be the starting 2 with dd playing sf? looking at drumond and how he's destroying the league we need 2 know what ross has...

vCash
    No. Ross is not ready to be put in the starting 5 yet. He barely got run as a bench player. Derozan is a SG so no point moving him to accommodate someone who is not ready for a starting role yet.

vCash
    He should start gotta see what he has to offer us in the future and also to showcase his talent to other teams

vCash
    i would like to see Ross start as well, but the motivation for it should never be about what someone else has done. that's just ego. if he's ready play him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    No. Ross is not ready to be put in the starting 5 yet. He barely got run as a bench player. Derozan is a SG so no point moving him to accommodate someone who is not ready for a starting role yet.
    How do you know if Ross is ready or not? It depends who we play and how we can matchup with the other team, obviously you don't want Ross to guard LBJ but Ross deserves a chance to start. You speak as if you are a member of the raptors and you know he isn't ready lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    How do you know if Ross is ready or not? It depends who we play and how we can matchup with the other team, obviously you don't want Ross to guard LBJ but Ross deserves a chance to start. You speak as if you are a member of the raptors and you know he isn't ready lol
    By watching him. He's too inconsistent and has been in the doghouse the past year. You don't rush someone in. You build them up.

My statement is no different than any statements you make about certain players (ie, how Vasquez is better than Calderon). It is a matter of opinion. I never once said it was a fact. Of course I believe in my opinion so I will say it as if it were true and I will make rational arguments to support my opinion. Just because you aren't used to that doesn't mean you have to bring me down to your level.

Use some common sense man.

vCash
    I have no issue with Ross at the starting SG spot. My only question is whether DeRozan can handle SF's defensively. I have nothing against Fields as a person, but his liability in shooting the basketball is problematic. While he is adequate defensively, and a good rebounder, his utility is limited in my opinion. Offensively, with Lowry and DeRozan initiating the offense (with Amir and Valanciunas in the post), Ross could keep defenses honest with his shot. But the group of Lowry/Ross/DeRozan/Amir/Valanciunas concerns me defensively.

But there is no perfect option here, so Casey may as well give him some run. I'm all for developing the young guys for this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Salmons get into the starting unit though.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 12-10-2013 at 02:30 PM.

vCash
    Hell yes!!! Give him some minutes already... I would love to see what this kid can do... He's farther along than DD in his second year so it would be nice to know what he can contribute too the team. He has had spurts of inconsistency but he's also had very inconsistent minutes... We basically will never know what this kid can do unless we give him time to show us what he's got --> PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    How is that rushing him its his second year and he deserves a chance. Fields hand is just not right and he cant hold on to the ball. If you want to develop a player you need to give him a chance just like DD got his and JV got his. As for the last part you should probably take your own advice.

vCash
    the spacing could be great, with lowry, dd shooting the 3 better and ross who if given a starting role could probably give u eventually 15ish ppg 4-6 reb and 3pt shotting between 35-40 %. got 2 give ross consistent mins, he has 2 much potential 4 fields 2 block his developement in my opinion...

vCash
    didnt stats indicate that dd was more effective on d and o at the sf? correct me if im wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    How is that rushing him its his second year and he deserves a chance. Fields hand is just not right and he cant hold on to the ball. If you want to develop a player you need to give him a chance just like DD got his and JV got his. As for the last part you should probably take your own advice.
    It's rushing him because he hasn't even proven that he can be a consistent bench player yet. He deserves a chance but you don't give him an assignment that's too big. Why give him a starter role when he hasn't even accomplished a bench role? Give him consistent 25 mins off the bench. If he does well, then increase his role to starter. Give a man a role bigger than he's ready for and he's bound to fail (ala Bargnani). Derozan was fine starting since he was sheltered by Bosh and other better players. JV was out of neccesity since he didn't have a big man (but you can tell he was ready for a larger role compared to Ross).

I do use common sense, thanks for reminding me though.

vCash
    He should be given more minutes, but he shouldn't start - yet.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    He should be given more minutes, but he shouldn't start - yet.
    This. Give him 25 mins consistently off the bench and when he shows he can handle that, give him a bigger role.

vCash
    At this point in time, I'm sure Ujiri wants to showcase guys like Fields, Amir, and Tyler for potential trade. Ross will still get his minutes, but the primary concern is hoping some guys play better to up their trade value.

Even though he said no one's untouchable, there is probably a totem poll as to who he wants to get rid of first and Ross is probably near the bottom of that poll.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast