Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Shortstop situation

Mike Puma @NYPost_Mets
    Mets have already discussed Cesar Izturis and will likely meet with his agent tomorrow or Wednesday.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN 9h
    Tejada, Duda to return to fitness camp http://es.pn/1djIo7j #NYM #

I guess it's between Duda and Tejada to become the biggest loser.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    If they sign Izturis they might as well have brought back Q.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-10-2013 at 08:23 AM.

vCash
    So they're not upgrading SS either.

vCash
    Ok here is one for ya, if we are not contending this year(like many say) then why not keep Ike, Murphy and Tejada/Tover as out 1b,2b and ss. Spend some money and sign two good sp and a rp, now at this point we would have solid pitching and improved hitting. Come all star break you know these ss who are on their last year and maybe even others will be available. We make a deal for one making sure whoever we get we sign or extend for a few years and bam our ss position if fixed for the 2nd half but more important for 2015 when we are expected to contend. Thoughts??????

vCash
    Izturis is not better than Tejada so this must be nothing more than adding a late inning defensive backup. He's a high contact/great bunting type also, so maybe they envision in some sort of late inning move the runners role?

I highly doubt he's in any competition for the starting job. No reason to get back on the edge of the bridge again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    So they're not upgrading SS either.
    Zero evidence of that from this either, but way to jump to conclusions bud!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Mike Puma @NYPost_Mets
    Mets have already discussed Cesar Izturis and will likely meet with his agent tomorrow or Wednesday.

Would not be surprised to see them start Tejada after his fat camp, spin that he's a 'changed kid' etc etc etc

vCash
    I'd have no problem with that. If he gets back to where he was in 2011/2012, we got a solid SS on our hands.

vCash
    JP pretty much echoed the same notion last night, I expect Tejada to be the starter sadly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    JP pretty much echoed the same notion last night, I expect Tejada to be the starter sadly.

Another FAIL for Alderson if that's the case. All they have done is sign one legit hitter, who on his own will make no difference. They've ignored 1B and it looks like they're gonna ignore SS too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Another FAIL for Alderson if that's the case. All they have done is sign one legit hitter, who on his own will make no difference. They've ignored 1B and it looks like they're gonna ignore SS too.
    Simply not true. Any of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    He can give us 2-2.5 WAR next year. I'm confident of that. Erase last season from your memory. He's a kid and he has some talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    He can give us 2-2.5 WAR next year. I'm confident of that. Erase last season from your memory. He's a kid and he has some talent.
    Who can?
    Tejada?
    He was worse than a replacement player last year.

vCash
    If Tejada is not forced to be the leadoff hitter, I think he'll hit better (without the bounce back in peripherals being taken into account) but I really hope they trade for a SS prospect.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast