4 44.44%
  • Saints in the Super dome

2 22.22%
  • Any team but the Seahawks and hope we can reach the SB without facing them

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Which team you rather have the 49ers face in the first playoff game

Is everyone really afraid of playing the Seahawks on the road that if they can avoid playing Seattle in the playoff in order to reach the SB, they would take that route? NOT ME!!!!! I want to face these clowns and there smack talking fan base in the playoffs and the sooner, the better. There is no guarantee we will have an easier time at the dome against the Saints after they walk all over the Panthers vaulted D Sunday night. No matter, i want us to face these cheaters in the first game of the playoffs to settle this matter on who is the best once and for all.

WE WILL NOT RUN THE TABLE to end the season to avoid facing them. They manage to avoid playing us in the playoffs last year but not this time. We should position ourselves to face our hated nemesis and beat them where it hurts, in front of their sorry fans.
    Last edited by eDush; 12-10-2013 at 04:50 AM.

vCash
    Not sure where you've been the last two times they've played in Seattle. If they go there...they're almost certainly screwed. I also feel that they will beat either one of Carolina or NO on the road.

That being said...I'd much rather Seattle chokes in NY this week and finally loses a game to the Rams so the Niners can steal the division in wk 17. Then Seattle can go lose in Philly and the Niners are golden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Not sure where you've been the last two times they've played in Seattle. If they go there...they're almost certainly screwed. I also feel that they will beat either one of Carolina or NO on the road.

That being said...I'd much rather Seattle chokes in NY this week and finally loses a game to the Rams so the Niners can steal the division in wk 17. Then Seattle can go lose in Philly and the Niners are golden.
    as much as I would like to see that happen, i don't see it realistically happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty:27577176
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post

as much as I would like to see that happen, i don't see it realistically happening
    I can see them losing in NY...but I think they'll win out the reg season after that.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Any. Confident fans don't fear any adversary. To be the best we have to beat the best. The road may look more treacherous, but the goal is the same as it was in week 1. SB or bust.

Go Niners!!!
    Last edited by lol, please; 12-10-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Why would you put the two leaders for first round bye's in the poll? The options should be the Eagles/Cowboys/Detroit/Chicago, and none of those teams scare me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ntd View Post
    Why would you put the two leaders for first round bye's in the poll? The options should be the Eagles/Cowboys/Detroit/Chicago, and none of those teams scare me.
    That was why i didn't bother including the wildcard round since it is a given we will win against those teams whether we are the 5th or 6th seed. It does, however, impact who we will face in the divisional round which i consider the first game of the playoffs but to each his own. Seem like most here rather face the Hawks in the conference championship round. Be as it may but that is not a given. If we do manage to beat the Saints, we could be spent by the time we play our hated rival. And do take that route most seem to suggest, we need to run the table to end the season, effort spent against subpar teams with further risk of injury to key players. Key players whom i rather rest at this time or limited plays only so they can be fresh for the playoffs like Gore.

vCash
    It doesn't matter, just make the Playoffs and WIN!

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    1) Make the playoffs
    2) Win Wildcard Game
    3) Gameplan for new opponent

Looking too far ahead can set you up for an awful lot of disappointment. Right now I'm just hoping they come out firing on all cylinders against Tampa. It's cross country trip with a 1:00 start time. Tampa is playing decent football right now and shouldn't be overlooked. I don't want to get in a position where the Niners have to beat the Cardinals in week 17 to make the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    That was why i didn't bother including the wildcard round since it is a given we will win against those teams whether we are the 5th or 6th seed. It does, however, impact who we will face in the divisional round which i consider the first game of the playoffs but to each his own. Seem like most here rather face the Hawks in the conference championship round. Be as it may but that is not a given. If we do manage to beat the Saints, we could be spent by the time we play our hated rival. And do take that route most seem to suggest, we need to run the table to end the season, effort spent against subpar teams with further risk of injury to key players. Key players whom i rather rest at this time or limited plays only so they can be fresh for the playoffs like Gore.
    Horrible mindset to have.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Horrible mindset to have.
    Equally horrible mindset would be the one half of you have regarding the seahawks.

The statement "you are as good as your record says" is ultimately an opinion, and one largely used at convenience. I would say with respect to the Niners, it definitely doesn't apply.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Equally horrible mindset would be the one half of you have regarding the seahawks.

The statement "you are as good as your record says" is ultimately an opinion, and one largely used at convenience. I would say with respect to the Niners, it definitely doesn't apply.
    Not following how this applies to my post exactly? I respect Seattle so not sure how I'm included in any horrible mindset about them.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Not following how this applies to my post exactly? I respect Seattle so not sure how I'm included in any horrible mindset about them.
    It doesn't, I just took it as an opportunity to call out everyone who was quick to say "they are the better team" and have the outside-looking-in approach to the playoffs so early in the season. It's almost as if fans were waiting for the opportunity to say they are the better team.

As a fan, you just can't roll over and assume they aren't as good so easily, it's weak.
    Last edited by lol, please; 12-11-2013 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    It doesn't, I just took it as an opportunity to call out everyone who was quick to say "they are the better team" and have the outside-looking-in approach to the playoffs so early in the season. It's almost as if fans were waiting for the opportunity to say they are the better team.

As a fan, you just can't roll over and assume they aren't as good so easily, it's weak.
    Seattle has been a better team. Are they now? I dunno, we'll see in the playoffs. They're record surely proves they are. They have also found ways to win games when they should have lost them. But to try to call fans out b/c they think another team is better, is stupid. Just b/c many fans, like myself, aren't homers and say "we're going to beat so and so 49-0 this weekend" doesn't make us any less of fans. We know we have a good team, but we also know we're not unbeatable.

vCash
    Right into Seattle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast