Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Should The Saints Explore Using a No-Huddle Offense on the road?

Heard trent dilfer talking about this on espn. And then later eric allen. And basically they both felt our system doesn't travel well and is hard to manage in loud environments. To many audibles and packages. Difler said the saints need to run more of a no huddle offense on the road. I know teams like denver and the pats are having a lot of success using it. And I thought it would be something fun for us to discuss.

Below is a link just to go into a little detail and stoke the discussion.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...huddle-offense

So.....thoughts, should the saints start running some no-huddle. Especially on the road?
    Last edited by jayjay33; 12-10-2013 at 06:16 AM.

vCash
    I would be all for it. I think it would do wonders for every aspect of the offense. The one thing you absolutely need to run a no huddle is a smart QB. Drew is one of if not THE smartest qb in the league. Defenses are already having trouble against us. Just imagine how they would do when they don't have time to get the right personnel out there. Drew would take full advantage of mismatches. The run game would improve as well. The only problem I see is our O-line. We played great last night, but we all know our O-line has seen better days. Could they handle the no-huddle? I'm not so sure. Other than that, I'm all about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSaints23 View Post
    I would be all for it. I think it would do wonders for every aspect of the offense. The one thing you absolutely need to run a no huddle is a smart QB. Drew is one of if not THE smartest qb in the league. Defenses are already having trouble against us. Just imagine how they would do when they don't have time to get the right personnel out there. Drew would take full advantage of mismatches. The run game would improve as well. The only problem I see is our O-line. We played great last night, but we all know our O-line has seen better days. Could they handle the no-huddle? I'm not so sure. Other than that, I'm all about it.

Good point. But the no- huddle could actually help the o-line. We seem to have trouble with our "kill system" (where we call several plays in the huddle then Brees comes to the line and changes to the one he wants).

The no- huddle could keep the defense of balance while simplifying the calls for the line. Right now on the road the d-line has the advantage. The no-huddle could give us a way to take that advantage back. An put them on their heels. In fact and the end of a game or a half. if we need a quick score and run a little no- huddle has it ever been stopped? Even if we didn't get the points we moved the ball extremely well. I think adding this to what we already do could be a nightmare for opposing defenses.

vCash
    I've wondered for years why we don't do much no-huddle at all. It seems like it would be a good fit for the offense and you KNOW Drew is the cerebral type QB who can make it happen. I guess I've always just figured that Sean Payton prefers having more input and he'd have less if we did more no huddle?

EDIT: Could also be that the offense wouldn't be as complex in a no-huddle format? I'm really not sure what the reasoning has been. I'm pretty clueless on this point.
    Last edited by neovenator250; 12-10-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I've wondered for years why we don't do much no-huddle at all. It seems like it would be a good fit for the offense and you KNOW Drew is the cerebral type QB who can make it happen. I guess I've always just figured that Sean Payton prefers having more input and he'd have less if we did more no huddle?

Yes exactly! Drew would masterful running this. And you talk about confusing the defense. With all out different personnel groupings we now throw in no-huddle. You think it's hard to game plan for the saint now. Trying having to deal with the no-huddle as well.

I think Payton is being a little to arrogant here. This is not a small sample size. Our offense has been much less effective on the road for many years now. At some point he has to try something else.

vCash
    I've thought about this like 10 times over the years. Every time we lose on the road I do lol. If the Saints somehow end up using the no huddle, I'm sold to the fact that Sean Payton uses PSD.

vCash

EDIT: Could also be that the offense wouldn't be as complex in a no-huddle format? I'm really not sure what the reasoning has been. I'm pretty clueless on this point.
    Basically, yeah. Payton likes to use different personnel packages, formations, and motions. With hurry-up you just pick one of each.

vCash
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...0_colu_11.html

Jeff Duncan wrote an article about the offensive struggles on the road, thought it would be good to post here. Says a lot of what you guys have been saying.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Outside of communication breakdowns, etc. here's good breakdown why we got whipped in Seattle

http://blackandgoldreview.com/2013/1...aints-offense/

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250:27606633
    Outside of communication breakdowns, etc. here's good breakdown why we got whipped in Seattle

http://blackandgoldreview.com/2013/1...aints-offense/
    Well that explains a lot
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    How's the Rams' secondary?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post

Basically, yeah. Payton likes to use different personnel packages, formations, and motions. With hurry-up you just pick one of each.

The no huddle would provide and excellent spark. For when the offense
    starts to stagnate. We have to much trouble with communication on the road.

I have to question Payton if refuses to even try something like this. When this problem on the road has gone on for many years with no fix. He'll it's probably cost us at least 1 more Super Bowl by not getting home field.

vCash
    And there you have it......smdh.