Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alshon Jeffrey

vCash

Alshon Jeffrey

I recall a lot of us wanting him with our first round pick not too long ago. After some poor combines he slid to the 2nd prospect where again a bunch of us wanted him. I know I really wanted him.

We ended up taking Stephen Hill as he slid in the draft. I can't say I was 1 bit disappointed when we got Hill, I was excited we got a big burner with big speed and potential. I won't label Hill a bust yet, he is extremely raw and doesn't benefit from anything around him. I also suspect Sanjay Lal sucks as a coach.

Anyway, Jeffrey is dominating and I'm curious what would have happened if the picks were reversed. (Jeffrey to Jets and Hill to the Bears)

vCash
    Can only guess... but not playing across from a top 5 WR and a defensive minded coach probably wouldn't have done the same wonders for his career.

No comparison between him and Hill really but I doubt he'd find success in this situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    Can only guess... but not playing across from a top 5 WR and a defensive minded coach probably wouldn't have done the same wonders for his career.

No comparison between him and Hill really but I doubt he'd find success in this situation.
    Yeah, something tells me if Stephen Hill stayed healthy and played across from B-Marsh, he'd probably doing something similar. I was seriously blown away watching Hill at the combine, I remember he made a unbelievable catch during the combine and Mike Mayock was commenting on how special he thought this kid would be. It's unfortunate how things haven't panned out so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I recall a lot of us wanting him with our first round pick not too long ago. After some poor combines he slid to the 2nd prospect where again a bunch of us wanted him. I know I really wanted him.

We ended up taking Stephen Hill as he slid in the draft. I can't say I was 1 bit disappointed when we got Hill, I was excited we got a big burner with big speed and potential. I won't label Hill a bust yet, he is extremely raw and doesn't benefit from anything around him. I also suspect Sanjay Lal sucks as a coach.

Anyway, Jeffrey is dominating and I'm curious what would have happened if the picks were reversed. (Jeffrey to Jets and Hill to the Bears)
    My guess is their stats would be just about opposite. Hill would be the one thriving with better QB play on the Bears and an elite WR playing on the other side of him.

And Jeffrey would be the one being benched for us, as we have no one close to a #1 WR threat and terrible QB play the last couple yrs.

vCash
    Hill will never be better. Jeffrey took an INT away from a defender today basically by going over him...Hill will never do that. This does reinforce my belief that the guy we need is Mike Evans and not Sammy Watkins or Marquise Lee though because we have zero jump ball threats.

vCash
    Hill is poo poo. Something we all as fans can agree on at this point, he has been transparent the last couple of games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Hill will never be better. Jeffrey took an INT away from a defender today basically by going over him...Hill will never do that. This does reinforce my belief that the guy we need is Mike Evans and not Sammy Watkins or Marquise Lee though because we have zero jump ball threats.
    I think we'll likely miss out on Watkins anyway, as we are now sitting around the 13th or 14th pick. I'd be happy with Evans or Lee though. Really any of those 3 right now.

vCash
    Hill was a very good prospect when we took him.

I also doubt Jeffrey looks nearly this good if he was on the current Jets.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    Hill was a very good prospect when we took him.

I also doubt Jeffrey looks nearly this good if he was on the current Jets.
    I don't agree with your second statement. If guys get open, Geno can get them the football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I don't agree with your second statement. If guys get open, Geno can get them the football.
    Yea because Geno is very accurate with his passes and rarely overthrows his receivers

vCash
    The thing with Hill was that we knew he was beyond raw and coming from an offense that didn't throw much and not a lot to him at all. So Jeffry would have better numbers based on being more NFL ready.

All we can do now is hope Hill steps into the physical potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Didnt Alshon Jeffrey have a 200 yard game a few weeks back?

Sorry, that isnt happening with Geno. He'd be better than Hill, and probably the Jets best receiver, but he wouldnt be nearly as good as he is in Chicago.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post

Yeah, something tells me if Stephen Hill stayed healthy and played across from B-Marsh, he'd probably doing something similar. I was seriously blown away watching Hill at the combine, I remember he made a unbelievable catch during the combine and Mike Mayock was commenting on how special he thought this kid would be. It's unfortunate how things haven't panned out so far.
    You really think Hill would be playing at the level of Alshon? Please.

You can cover a turd in sugar but in the end you'll still have a turd... Or you'll have a typical Marc Trestman press conference describing his pathetic team.

vCash
    Wonderful. Another "what-could've-been" topic.

Is there any other kind?
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-10-2013 at 05:08 AM.

vCash
    I wanted Hill at the time because of his speed but he cant catch. Jeffery catches everything near him.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast