Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Portland at Utah

go

vCash
    Taking care of business. Way to not have a let down. Keep our loses to streaks of 1 only. Two days of rest then revenge ourselves against the Rockets!!!
    So Say We All!!!

vCash
    Another game another road win.

vCash
    Losses to the Suns aside, I love how this team is not only winning consistently against the top teams in the league, they are beating who they are supposed to beat on a consistent basis.

Everyone on the main forum keeps saying our advanced measurements point to us slowing down, and while that may be true, their predictions are we will win 50-52 games (and many say not even 50). To win 50 games we have to go .500 the rest of the way. If we slow down and lose to the quality teams less often, I find it hard to see this team losing consistently to the bottom dwellers in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    the statistics people are talking about are misleading because Portland has played most of the season with an underdog type attitude where they like being in the fight with teams rather than putting them away. This makes it so the score is closer than the game was as Portland had control the whole time. The first Utah game was the first one we really put a team away.

They also say our starters do too much of the work which isn't accurate. They are getting much more rest this year than recent years and the balanced team effort and playing within a plan has helped to minimize injuries. Also Lillard plays off ball for several of his minutes and he gets to semi-rest during that time, meaning he isn't used as much as he appears to be.

I don't see us slowing down much. Our execution has been too good. Too many pieces in the organization are moving well for us to just fall off.

Looking at the next 10 games I'd say we could win them all. Its a bunch of easy teams and some harder teams that we'll probably be motivated to beat.